Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:14 am
All times are UTC + 0
Tiberian Sun: A World of Insanity
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [34 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:51 am    Post subject:  Tiberian Sun: A World of Insanity Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hullo everyone. Welcome to my new mod, Tiberian Sun: A World of Insanity.
Well, here we go...

Story

Briefing-
After the recent fight to destroy Cabal, GDI and Nod were remained to themselves. There was very few conflicts between the two sides at the time. GDI was still trying to recover from the battle against Cabal, and so was Nod; however, during this period Nod spent a lot of time testing new tiberium weapons and evolutions. GDI was more focused on keeping the civillains in order after the chaotic war. For a period of time it seemed like there was finally peace, at least that's what it seemed....

GDI-
Status Report 1/02/45
----Connecting----
----Transmission Received-----

Date:1/02/45
Time Recorded: 3:56 am

This night marks a night to be remembered. The events that occured have reminded us all of the threat that Nod still imposes.
At about 12:48 pm there was a celebration for New Years. There were many people gathered at a local city square having a great night and enjoying the festive atmosphere.
They were all waiting for the countdown until the New Year. We had received reports from civillians of some supicious activities happening in the area, but we susppected them to be false alarms or prank calls. When the time started to near the end of the year people started counting. Ten,Nine,Eight,Seven,Six,Five,Four,Three,Two and right as they reached one, three people emerged from the crowd and yelled "Peace through Power!" and detonated a bomb that was placed in the sewage system underneath the ground. It released a huge amount of tibeium gas and killed every living being in the city square. Not one person was able to even escape the lethal gases that came out. We lost four GDI recruites. One was celebrating the evening with his wife and three kids. We should have never let down our guard, we new that Nod would be up to no good. Although this horrible tragedy occured we will not let Nod terrorize anyone anymore. We shall make Nod pay for what they have done.

----End Transmission----

NOD-
----Connecting----
----Decoding----
----Transmission Received----

---Black Hand special report---
Recorded: 1/01/45 2:32 am
Description: New Year's firework show

Report:
At approximently 12:51 our engineers finished placing all the charges in the sewage system underneath the city square. Each charge was packed with tiberium gases and was placed in the most vital points of the sewer. At 12:59 our three followers revealed themselves to the crowd and detonated the charges. The result was as planned. All civillians that were gathered in the city square were completely wiped out. The death toll reached about 140 cassulties and GDI reached the scene immidiatly. Surely GDI was dumbfounded and was in shock. This is a day to be remembered bretheren, rejoyce in our victory! Peace through Power!

----Encoding----
----End Transmission----

That night started a whole new conflict, GDI and Nod are going at it again, a whole new war....

But what of the others you ask?
Well....

After the New Year's event GDI had discovered reminants of Cabals core spread out across the globe. Though he was pressumed to be destroyed some of his factories and bases were reported to be online. Was that really the end of Cabal? or is there a third threat that could be joining the battle?

Also, there is another that was left out. During the destruction of Cabal the Forgotten began gaining strength and there influence was growing. They were focused on becoming the dominant rulers at that time. However over time there have been no reports of their activity. But recent discoveries show that they are obviously becoming a threat. Could there even be a fourth threat to join the battle?

Who knows.......?

Some various implimentations

GDI
Spy Planes
New drop pods
Units will now have an upgrade system on them (thank you ETS)
Mammoth tank V2
Naval fleet
and much more, this is just a tiny list that i threw together, expect a bigger one soon

NOD
Spy Planes
Black Hand
Demo Truck (done)
New cluster missile (if all works out then this could be very cool)
Upgrade system for units (again, thank you ETS)
Naval Fleet
A lot more to come... this is a small list as well, expect updates....

Last edited by Joshy on Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:53 am; edited 3 times in total

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nod not NOD.

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why do people always put the meteor and Ion storm in as supers :S

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

haha, sorry i'll correct that.... Laughing

eh, i felt it would be a nice feature, however i doubt im keeping the either of them..... Confused it's not really worth keeping, even though the meteor storm has a long load time it's just to powerful....
it's like a timer that says that your dead in 10 minutes..... don't know what i was thinking....

i'll post a couple of screens..... mostly everything is new has placeholder art and will look very hideous in-game.... but i'll just show the buggy getting tossed

Buggy getting chucked...

Update:
A more detailed list of various things to be implemented

Various Editions
More varied explosions (big, small, and special kinds)
New Multiplayer maps and others will be updated
New Map and Main menu screens
New Campaign
New tiberium variants
More civillian stuff (buildings,vehicles,little civs)

GDI
SuperWeapons
Ion Cannon-Has more power now, and bigger damage radius
Drop Pods-Still deciding whether to use drop pods, or a spy plane, which is better? cause i mean the AI never even uses their bloody drop pod infantry!

Buildings
Fision Power Plant-Nuclear Fision power plant, it provides more power than the old one, and also has 1 one uprade
Secondary Processing-Uprgades the Fision plant, giving it a more stable and efficient output, thus making more power
Tiberium Refinery-Same as before, however it can receive 2 additional silo upgrades so that you have more storage
Barracks-Same, except it can heal your soldiers if they enter it
Tiberium Silo-Stores more tiberium
Radar-Can Receive 2 upgrades; Spy plane Beacon, Stealth Detection node
*Spy Plane Beacon-Calls a Spy plane to a location revealing a select area
*Stealth Detection node-like a mobile sensor array except it has a longer radius
Repair Bay-Same
War Factory-Same
Tech Center-Same

Component tower-these no longer need to be upgraded, they are now single structures
*Vulcan Tower-same as before
*RPG Tower-same as before
*Sam Tower-Same tower, it can receive an upgrade to make them EMP rounds, instantly killing aircraft. Although an excellent air deffense, it has slow ROF and requires your tech center
*Railgun Tower-Im still thinking how this will be made

Units
Infantry

Light Infantry-Normal infantry, however the GDI light infantry have heavier armor and are slower as a result
Disc Thrower-Now throws less "bouncy" grenades, and are now more powerful. also has more armor and is slower
Engineer-Has more armor, and also has an EMP charge, so now the engineer can disable vehicles, or uncaptureable structures
Jumpjet-More resilant and has a M-16 Mark II pulse rifles
Sniper-A new unit to the GDI force with a long range rifle.
Ghost Stalker-Improved railgun dealing more damage.The C4 can only be applied to vehicles and after it explodes it releases a mini EMP radius.

Air

Orca Scout-Spy plane, it can go to shroud and it has a vulcan cannon

Last edited by Joshy on Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update

I finally got some time to work on my mod, so here are some screenies:

EDIT: Sorry i posted the photos in a wierd order, i have slow internet and have never posted attachments before

NukeExplosion.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  98.31 KB
 Viewed:  12185 Time(s)

NukeExplosion.jpg

NukeDown.jpg
 Description:
The new Nod superweapon instead of the multimissile and chemical missile, the RA2 styled nuke
 Filesize:  97.86 KB

NukeDown.jpg

Demo03.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  92.82 KB

Demo03.jpg

Demo02.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  93.77 KB

Demo02.jpg

Demo01.jpg
 Description:
The Demo Truck explosion
 Filesize:  95.36 KB

Demo01.jpg

Last edited by Joshy on Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

rest of the nuke

NukeDamage.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  101.93 KB
 Viewed:  12181 Time(s)

NukeDamage.jpg

AfterEffect.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  100.49 KB
 Viewed:  12181 Time(s)

AfterEffect.jpg

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cabal

Cabal1.jpg
 Description:
Cabal is now playable in multiplayer
(the forgotten will be too)
 Filesize:  54.69 KB
 Viewed:  12176 Time(s)

Cabal1.jpg

Cabal2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  55.04 KB

Cabal2.jpg

Cabal3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  72.96 KB

Cabal3.jpg

TX1138
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why does the EMP missile kill infantry?

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Waiting to see anything new at all, but good luck. #Tongue Also, your CABAL Obelisk has core connection pipes still attached.

Bako'Ikaporamee
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They're extra plugins for those old phones #Tongue. looks like a neat mod, I'll be sure to see how this one turns out

Oh, fuggerbuggerrit!

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@TX1138: I was brainstorming possible superweapons, the emp missile however will not be used

@j4m3sb0nd: Very Happy Forgot about those

Wink I'll post some more updates later

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This mod reminds me of TF:ADW O_O

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

why? simply because you can play as cabal and mutants? Confused

TF:ADW is a great mod, but mine isn't really like it..... Smile

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

update

EDIT: I've been working on Cabal and i made the defender buildable, but it has MUCH less strength, it cannot auto heal, it cannot tiberium heal, costs 6000 credits, is slower, and you can only build ONE per game. Do you think this is a good idea or should i just not use the defender?

StormForming.jpg
 Description:
This is a catastrophic lightning storm that can only be used once by finding it in a crate
 Filesize:  104.58 KB
 Viewed:  12088 Time(s)

StormForming.jpg

Storm.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  91.69 KB

Storm.jpg

Storm4.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  92.01 KB

Storm4.jpg

Storm7.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  75.05 KB

Storm7.jpg

Dies Away.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  105.51 KB

Dies Away.jpg

Bako'Ikaporamee
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the lightning storm looks neat, but who're we kidding, it looks way to powerful. It destroyed most of the base, and why does it still say ready #Tongue? Oh nad I like the clouds forming around.

Oh, fuggerbuggerrit!

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you should maybe reside the defender about the size of a titan or slightly bigger so he can pop out the war factory.? but it looks good how did you get the lightning storm in ts?

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Probably just like the TS-nuke, and make RA2's thunderclouds as the "debris" anim.. a very cool idea Smile

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@xenology_311: yes it is very powerful, but it can only be used if you find it in those goodie crates that pop up every once and while (it's rare to get the lighting storm, since i changed the all the crates chances of what will be in them) and it says ready since i was just using for the screenshots Very Happy

@Ickus: i made it so that defender is built and you have to deploy it, but that sounds good too... Smile
yeah i used the invisible debris to do that Very Happy

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would definitely concur that it should be powerful, considering that it can only be found in crates.

And yeah, I was thinking minidefenders would be cool too.

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Then mini defender it is Very Happy

Question: what kind of super weapon should Cabal and the Mutants have? I can't really think of anything Confused

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you should make a hunter seeker that fires EMP

The Team Black Index

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

when it explodes it releases emp? or what do you mean?

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah
A little powerful, but the fact that it's uncontrollable might balance that out a bit.. just an idea

The Team Black Index

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm... i like it Very Happy
i'll give a try and see how it turns out

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*tumble weed rolls by...*
To celebrate my 100th post ive got another update! Very Happy

here's the picks...

Nod_Cameos.jpg
 Description:
i made all new cameos for Nod...
now to work on GDI's....
 Filesize:  76.22 KB
 Viewed:  11583 Time(s)

Nod_Cameos.jpg

redoneinfantry.jpg
 Description:
i recolored some infantry (more will be done to fit the scheme)
 Filesize:  71.23 KB

redoneinfantry.jpg

minidefenders.jpg
 Description:
The new mini defenders
cost:around 4000
they are very powerful
 Filesize:  61.55 KB

minidefenders.jpg

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A battle between me and my new AI that i improved. Note that the AI is not fully coded yet

Map: FS Dueling Islands
Winner: Computer
AI Level: 2 (Brutal)

Battle1_01.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  95.53 KB
 Viewed:  11574 Time(s)

Battle1_01.jpg

Battle1_02.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  88.83 KB

Battle1_02.jpg

Battle1_03.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  87.33 KB

Battle1_03.jpg

Battle1_04.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  94.2 KB

Battle1_04.jpg

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

more (until i get finished )

Battle1_05.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  88.46 KB
 Viewed:  11568 Time(s)

Battle1_05.jpg

Battle1_06.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  83.31 KB

Battle1_06.jpg

Battle1_07.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  73.75 KB

Battle1_07.jpg

Battle1_08.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  84.21 KB

Battle1_08.jpg

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You should use ImageShack or something dude, or you not have to triple post...

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah ok, i'll post with that then.... Smile

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Superweapon for Mutants... Maybe some kind of missile, which mutate all Buildings/Units with the armor none and light into viscs? CABAL could have something like an Ionecannon, but red and more powerfull [I mean more range,...]

Think of me as Nordos, 'cause Banshee wouldn't rename me

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mutant:

Fire a meteor some spawn visceroids?

Cabal:

A SW some hack a bank so u get a lot of money?
Or a missile some fire drop EMP bombs and then destroy and do some damage?

blubb
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i had once the idea intendet for cabal to frequently release a drone from a building (HS logic) wich looks like a small bug and it crawls random around , not controllable, but looking (guard range) for infantry and vehicle targets (not buildings)
some kind of "death-kill-clean program"

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Your cameos looks incredibly similar to TSDs #Tongue

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Mr. Pokey: Yes i realize that. The reason i did that is since i was going to use Gangster's cameos that he made just normal, but when you would build a unit or whatever little green dots would pop up all over the cameo and would look stupid. So i decided i would make cameos that were similar to Dusk's and would use the loader that went up the side. If Judeau dosen't want me to do that then i will find something else out. I don't intend to copy him i just wanted to use those cameos Smile

@blubb: That's a very good idea....

@Anderwin: An account hack.. hmm....

@Ordosherrscher: a red ion cannon or something... mabye...

@everyone: The mutants have been dropped as a playable side. Instead i just made that side into Screenshot Taker. As that side you can take all the screenshots you want as you watch the AI battle. This side automaticly gets the map revealed in the begginning so you can watch.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [34 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon