Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:44 am
All times are UTC + 0
how do i download Voxels into vse 3
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Mobboy13

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:16 am    Post subject:  how do i download Voxels into vse 3 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am downloading the voxals into a cd and then tying to load it on to my computer but it will not load on the vse 3. I need help. and is there a tutorial for making my own voxels? (this is the firts time I tied to downloaded these)

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

download the file, and put it a place you will find it.
Then, start VSE III
Go to the upper-left corner of the program window, you'll see a menu called "file" click it.
from file, click on "open" select the file you dwonloaded.

That should be it.

About creating own voxels, it takes time, there is really no good tutoritals about the subject.
If it helps, think "paint" with layer Wink
And at last, try more than 30sec befor you go "how do I..." tell me, would you buy a new lego-thing, look at it for 30sec and run to your mom "Mom, how do I build legos". Get the idea Wink

mobboy13

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i did that and tried that, it does not work. when i download voxel and then copy it to my coputer somewere in the process the file gets converted into a zip file. Confused . how do I keep the download in a voxel fomat. and the metaphore with the legos is pretty good.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Have you tried to open this zip file and extract its contents?

mobboy13

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, I messed around to see what i could learn and it is a read only file.

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

try this file. open it. It includes a grey body with some red parts. If it don't work, make shure you are useing VSE III 1.38 Wink

Voxelfile.vxl
 Description:
Open it in VSE

Download
 Filename:  Voxelfile.vxl
 Filesize:  13.04 KB
 Downloaded:  382 Time(s)

mobboy13

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thank you! it works . what did you do?

Mobboy13

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I managed to figure out how to download the files but when i trie to view the file in VSE III it says somthing about the file being at the end of its life. how do i fix that?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

File being at the end of its life? I've never heard of that possibility #Tongue I don't even know how a file can be set to die, sorry...

Mobboy13

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I to did not know what that ment so i check it agian and found out i read it wrong. it says "Read beyond end of file". sorry about the misreading.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, you've downloaded a corrupted voxel file.

Mobboy13

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I downloaded the file from savagawar.com. is there any other website that has downloadable voxel files like savaga war?

Alexander C Bukington
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

perhaps you put it on a read only CD...

Mobboy13

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i think thats what i did .

Don
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mobboy13 wrote:
I downloaded the file from savagawar.com. is there any other website that has downloadable voxel files like savaga war?

Only another 4
Editing Source

YRARG

Pixelops

DDmods

Raminators Cnc Resources

and of course our voxels forum

And co-incidentally RA2 Savagewar was the first resource site i had seen

EDIT-thanks to Banshee for editing my post

Last edited by Don on Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:44 am; edited 2 times in total

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Voxel Section Editor III includes a section called Community Links, that has... guess what? Links for community sites, of course, specially resource sites. Check it out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum