Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:46 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Should we eliminate the "Top Posters" from the sit
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Should we eliminate the "Top Posters" from the site?
yes
50%
 50%  [ 7 ]
no
50%
 50%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 14

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 10:30 pm    Post subject:  Should we eliminate the "Top Posters" from the sit Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It can just look like another entertaining feature of the current layout, but in the last week we were bombarded with spams. I know that a "Top Poster" would not be the only reason for that, but it also estimulates it. So, here's my question: Should we remove it from the site or not?

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, but i doubt it would do anything to stop the flow of spam, you just need to be stricter.

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I haven't seen much spam. I don't see any need to remove it. Besides, nobody spams to increase their post count... it's too obvious if they do.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
TS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, what idiot would spam just tp be in the top lists? I tell yah what, I sure dont do that... uumm yeah.... jk

I think it should stay, and people who do excessive spamming should be warned.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kopaka, Sk8erkid, Terror and Kane... be warned Wink

In fact, you still have your 1300 posts, doesnt you, Kane?

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol
and yea who would spam for post count noones gonna like you because of that?

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Spamming for post count is really quite pointless. It doesn't mean anything.

As for MY count, it was 1400 and something, but it's been going down since my posts are starting to be deleted.

And, that high post count wasn't due to spam.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think It should be removed, because at least the top 3 is always gonna be the same: Banshee, Kane, Tapek. Noone can top this.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no, it must be deleted... sorry

anyway i agree with thedvd

BillnTed
Most Excellent Commentators

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Definately not. The spam in the crap forum will be deleted soon.

// Bill and Ted's Most Excellent Program
// C for Dummies, Volume 1
// Penguins r00l!

#include <stdio.h>

void main()
{
printf("This adminwar should prove to be the best yet!");
}

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
TerroR
General

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Kopaka, Sk8erkid, Terror and Kane... be warned Wink

In fact, you still have your 1300 posts, doesnt you, Kane?

I'll hunt you down Banshee...

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dolts splitting posts for no reason are annoying.

Banshee, none of us spam. And, if we do make an occasional post in the offtopic forum, it's a mistake and doesn't happen more often necessary.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Definately not. The spam in the crap forum will be deleted soon.

- His vote is not being considered

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Tapek

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What about mine? I just used him as my substitute voter. Replace BillnTed with me.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Vote with your account, not with Bill n Ted... I still dont know why these dwarves are still alive after that stupid war is over...

Tapek

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was already logged in as them so I used my vote with them. It doesnt matter anyway.

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

only 11 voters...
301 registered members
hello, vote we wont bite

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

im stopping to spam now, waStes too much time

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yay
(i just noticed my sig said tanking a break)

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't particularly care...Fednet remove post counts...

they can cause confusion when an experienced modder joins a new forum...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Eternal2u
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
only 11 voters...
301 registered members
hello, vote we wont bite

hehe thats what you say..

i voted no...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!