Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:21 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Call For Transport (2)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Longshanks
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject:  Call For Transport (2)
Subject description: version 2
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is my second map (I deleted the first map I made).

Anyway, some civilians have set up a refining operation in this area. GDI had a repair/refueling station set up for their Orcas, but they abandoned it due to the frequent ion storms in this region. You can see some crashed aircraft nearby.

WARNING: you must reach the helipads before the first ion storm if you want to capture them!

Edit: Newer screenshots added.

SCRN0001.PNG
 Description:
the old GDI base(I fixed the error you pointed out, Team Black)
 Filesize:  195.47 KB
 Viewed:  7876 Time(s)

SCRN0001.PNG

SCRN0000.PNG
 Description:
some of the redone cliffs
 Filesize:  201.17 KB
 Viewed:  7876 Time(s)

SCRN0000.PNG

call for transport.mpr
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  call for transport.mpr
 Filesize:  100.91 KB
 Downloaded:  265 Time(s)

Last edited by Longshanks on Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:52 pm; edited 4 times in total

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

simply renaming pcx files into png files doesn't cut it, you need to actally save them in png format.
You can open the pcx in XCC mixer, copy, and paste in MS paint, then save as... PNG
.. You're lucky I got to you before Icyson #Tongue

Well you'll need a lot more detail on this map, it's very flat and boring.

Be sure to scour our tutorials for mapping tips (especially, regarding cliff errors), then take a look at some our spotlighted maps, to get a better idea of how to make your map look spiffy.

uhhhh.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  237.9 KB
 Viewed:  8354 Time(s)

uhhhh.PNG

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Map... so empty...

Longshanks
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know that it is empty. But it is supposed to be in the middle of nowhere. I tried to fix the cliff errors, but mostly I made them worse (yes, I downloaded Marble Madness). Next time, I will remember to add more stuff.

Aside from those problems, how is it for my second map?

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well the triggers are decent enough for it being your second map, and the concept and layout isn't bad..

It's just very very plain, and eye candy factor is at an all time looow Wink

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The map is too simple, too empty, too boring in terms of lighting. You HAVE to add detail. You also need to make a better layout, I suggest looking at other maps. Also think with yourself "does it really look good" The cliffs are straight and repeated, NEVER use the auto tool. They shouldn't go more than two pieces the same direction. Fix all of these problems and it should get better. Also, add lighting, it's terribly boring the way it is now. Good luck with your second! Smile I wasn't much better than that on my second map. Also, do not rush your maps.

Last edited by Crash on Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Err...CrashKing, we don't really need you to show up your work in another's topic.

Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yuri o07 wrote:
Err...CrashKing, we don't really need you to show up your work in another's topic.

Lol, yeah.. I just wanted to give him a brief of HOW I managed to get better, lol.

Edit: removed. Will never do again lol Embarassed

Longshanks
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I found some lighting values over on Tiberium Web, so you should see a difference in my next map when I have finished and posted it. Also, it should not have as much emptyness.

One question though; how do I take a picture of the minimap in Final Sun?

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Screenshot button, paste that into some image program, like MSPaint, or Photoshop, and modify the image there to just include the minimap.

Longshanks
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks.

Longshanks
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have posted a redone version of this map. I redid all of the cliffs(there were too many problems with the original) and added some more details.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
.. You're lucky I got to you before Icyson #Tongue

Laughing Damn straight!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon