Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:19 am
All times are UTC + 0
Custom units in Final Sun
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Veneno
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject:  Custom units in Final Sun
Subject description: Even with tuts, I still can't figure it out...
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've looked everywhere, and I've found a few tuts on how to put my custom units into Final Sun. However, every single one tells me something different, and none of them are working.

I'm trying to work on my first GDI mission for From the Abyss (http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=189442#189442),
but can't seem to be able to put any of my Splicer units or new GDI and Nod units in. How do I do so?

Regards, Veneno.[/url]

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Go options>> settings

Make sure it's set as "act like TS when searching for files.."

settings.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  55.37 KB
 Viewed:  5393 Time(s)

settings.PNG

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Styledatol
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also, make sure you're 'Begginer Mode' is unchecked.

Veneno
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Styledatol wrote:
Also, make sure you're 'Begginer Mode' is unchecked.

Team Black wrote:

Make sure it's set as "act like TS when searching for files.."

I've always had both checked off, and yet it still doesn't work... If it's a vehicle, will I find it in the vehicle section maybe?

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

correct.. any new units will probably be at the bottom of the unit list.

The Team Black Index

Veneno
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:
correct.. any new units will probably be at the bottom of the unit list.

Alright, thx. You see, the real problem was that I had two TS folders, and they clashed with each other, and so the editor didn't work the way it was supposed to. So, I deleted the one I'm not using, although the editors still think it's there, so now it says its uninstalled. However, TS still works fine, and has all my new features in it. I've gone into all the files and checked to see if it says the right folder name, and it DOES. But it still says TS is uninstalled because it can't find TibSun.mix (it's still in the TS folder) What's wrong?

Veneno
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As well, why are my units there, but their models aren't correct?

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you look in my previous pic^^, Finalsun will look in the directory C:/Westwood/Sun for the game's info. If there's nothing in that directory, FinalSun will complain to you..

I don't have enough info to answer the 2nd question

The Team Black Index

Veneno
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:
If you look in my previous pic^^, Finalsun will look in the directory C:/Westwood/Sun for the game's info. If there's nothing in that directory, FinalSun will complain to you..

I don't have enough info to answer the 2nd question

Well, what I mean by that, is that when you place an object and put your cursor over it, it shows info like unit type, team, x and y and z pos., and it still does that, except you can't see the model, it's just invisible. As well, i can double click on it to change the unit properties (Veterancy, direction, act as...)

And... second directory? You mean the box where it says "Language/Something" English?

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

C:/Westwood/Sun

The Team Black Index

Alexander C Bukington
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its better t just copy the units from rules.ini and paste it into the map file, then edit everything from there. You can do anything to mod a map file that you can in a regular ini file except add new images and sides (well you can on a map but it gets really screwed up so don't)

Veneno
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:
C:/Westwood/Sun

... Id consider that a first directory... and it's already like so.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know what yo mean by 'second directoy', but whatever it is, it probably isn't necessary...

some modded units won't show up in finalsun, but they'll be in the game. To keep track of where they are, just put down a piece of LAT or some non-functional cell tags.

The Team Black Index

Veneno
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:
I don't know what yo mean by 'second directoy', but whatever it is, it probably isn't necessary...

some modded units won't show up in finalsun, but they'll be in the game. To keep track of where they are, just put down a piece of LAT or some non-functional cell tags.

Oh... Laughing I thought before you said in the "Second Directory" in the picture. Sorry, i was just tired. Very Happy Anyways, thx, I thought it was just messed up, but appairently it does that sometimes for the invis. units. Thx

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon