Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:44 am
All times are UTC + 0
[FS] Intoxication (2-6)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject:  [FS] Intoxication (2-6)
Subject description: Awww Hell here we go again!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ain't been on recently... Ain't been modding recently... Ain't been giving anything to the community recently... So here you go.

The present from me, to all of you... Rolling Eyes

This is: Intoxication (2-6 Players) Made By: Aro.

Size - Large (125 x 125)
Players - 6
Tiberium ammount - Very Large
Urban Areas - Small
Water - Large
Area Type - Lake / River / Mountainous / Mutated
Warfare - Ground

Map Story - This land, was once home to many people, it always had visitors and was well known for its wonderful nature and wild-life... Approximatly 6 years when the town of Owens was built, there became alot of criminal activity... There where murders, robberies and alot more... With lack of authority, the town was closed, but some people where left behind in the evactuation, resulting in them being mutated with all the tiberium life growing after time... The residents could not be saved, and the land was declared unsafe, due-to ion storms, so no planes can get into the area, and it was unsafe for the ferries to drop of tourist's anymore... The land has became a Red zone, and there appear to be plans for this land to be cleaned up in the future.

ea Intoxication.mpr
 Description:
Ignore the 'EA', that was just written so my maps appeared in alphabetical order. =P

Download
 Filename:  ea Intoxication.mpr
 Filesize:  389.09 KB
 Downloaded:  1947 Time(s)

Last edited by Aro on Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:15 am; edited 2 times in total

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice! Downloading in 5...

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now that this map's public, I added it to the Massive Map Pack. (you'll find out what that is soon enough Wink )

I also recommend a spotlight - but only if you do the same for Siege City #Tongue

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

don't recommend a spotlight without thoroughly testing it and giving a good review. Which is what I shall do tomorrow since I just now came across this.

BTW Aro...wasn't this map for RO and other such mods you were working on? Why release it to the public then? If you wanted to release something to the public you should have released something that wasn't a mod asset IMO. Unless of course you have a Special Edition for the mod. (Like I shall with 3 of my public maps)

based off of pics I would say that the lighting might be a tad bit dark if there is no day/night loop. But thats based off of pics which only tell so much and can be proved wrong ingame. Other than that it looks good. Smile

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ixith wrote:
don't recommend a spotlight without thoroughly testing it and giving a good review. Which is what I shall do tomorrow since I just now came across this.

Woo.

Ixith wrote:
BTW Aro...wasn't this map for RO and other such mods you were working on?

Yes! #Tongue
I Thought i'd release it though, man... Ain't done anything decent in ages. Rolling Eyes
And thanks for all the possitive comments (So far Rolling Eyes), Makes me smile. Very Happy

Last edited by Aro on Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Denmon
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You are one Disturbed freak Aro Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok time to review this like promised...but beware I have been giving really long reviews lately....

Lighting: 8/10 The lighting was good and wasn't too dark ingame. However, I think it could have used more...The VHMs probably could have been lit up and I think you could have done more with a city/village lighting which comes in to play with other stuff...see below..

Cliffwork: 8/10 Again nice cliff work...however it seemed kinda open to me still and personally i think you could have done better with your cliff ramps. Most of them were just straight from one cliff ramp part to the other.

Layout/concept: 8.5/10 This was nice...I really liked the deserted town in the middle however I think that it could have had some parking lots for those buildings. Also I think the 3VHM spots are possibly imbalanced as they seem closer to some players than others.... Another thing you could have done was instead of having those tiberium fields in the middle between each player is that you could have had a smaller town that wasn't deserted there with nice town lighting and then had your extra tib trees in the areas of the VHMs.

Triggers: 6/10 well there was only one...and it was an ion storm. Which IMO happened too soon/often and was kinda silly since it only lasted like 30 seconds if that...

Game play: 7/10 Gameplay was ok however the AI wasn't all that tough and would only come from one side...the side it was closest to. Also I had to send a pretty good attack on their harvesters and base before they attacked me.

Overall: 7.5 Almost worth a spotlight vote from me. Just more needs to be done with the map IMO.
Keep up the good work Aro. Smile

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You didn't give a review on detail... Confused
Anyway, thanks for the full-on review... I can't be bothered to improve on everything yet. I'll do it another day, as for now, i rest.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congrats, Aro! This map has been spotlighted!

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anthony wrote:
I love you banshee!
<3

Cheers! Smile
Spotlight number 3. Hmm, I Wonder if...
...Cold war and Arden river will make the list, crosses fingers!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon