Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:58 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Cold War! (2-3)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [36 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject:  Cold War! (2-3) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In the spirit of X-Mas approaching... A Present from me, to you!

My First snow map, and my first map with a day and night loop. That'll make Mr. Ixith happy. #Tongue

Mini Map!

A Small town, during the night.

Random Land, sun slowly rising.

Finaly, it's morning!

Fixed Cold War.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Fixed Cold War.zip
 Filesize:  105.35 KB
 Downloaded:  1072 Time(s)

Last edited by Aro on Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ARO makes a snow map Surprised

This one looks nice from the pics, you should make an exclusive version for TS:RO
I'll have to play it later though and give you a real review.

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Cold War! (2-3) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
That'll make Mr. Ixith happy. #Tongue

I'll be the judge of that. #Tongue just give me a day or so to play and review and find something to nit pick at you about the map. XD oh and trust me there WILL be something : P

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Theres always something with you, isn't there Ixith? #Tongue
And yeah, Blackster, you read my mind, I've already got the exclusive version under work, for TS:RO, a name change for TS:RO is required too... "Cold War II" ? Laughing

Tartan Bunny
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another very nice map by ARO. Well done, again!

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

is here a cliff error? The tile is clearly visible.

Anyway, nice map. Am i right that snow maps can't have veinholes? This would be something i would like to see.
Also the night could be a tad darker imo.

coldwarduringnightie1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  158.36 KB
 Viewed:  29694 Time(s)

coldwarduringnightie1.png

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@LKO no I don't think thats actually a cliff error. The longer snow cliff diagnol like pieces are kinda weird. There is one in particular, and I think its that one that you showed, that doesn't really have a 'connector' like piece to it so it makes it appear as if there is a cliff error although there is not.

And also I do believe there actually can be Vein holes on snow maps...they just don't look as good. #Tongue

anyways I will have to test your map tomorrow after school Aro as I did not have enough time today to do so. Sad

Tartan Bunny
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They look better in TS 3.0, but they were designed for temperate only.

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice, lots of detail put into this. ill check it out. Wink

Snow Maps can have veins but in vanilla TS they can't as they lack the .sno version. same goes with BIGBLUE(blue tiberium tree) and the fonas.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LKO - That's not a cliff error, and i know what you mean about the night time, however, if it's too dark, the horizontal cliff's look... Really strange. As for Vein Hole Monsters in Snow maps, that is not possible.. Don't know why though. Confused

Thanks to everyone else for the comments. Smile

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

with Final Sun you can place a veinhole in, thought. I have seen an map wich was a little bit modified, so trough the light the snow seems to be sand, but at the buildings was snow. Same with the veinhole which was placed in. It looked really strange, but I think, that on a really snow map, it will looks ok...
The map looks really good. Maybe I will download and play it Wink

Think of me as Nordos, 'cause Banshee wouldn't rename me

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome to the PPM Community. Smile And Thanks for the possitive comment.
I noticed that you posted in a topic that was well out of date, a little tip for you. Only post in topics that are 5, or less than 5 day's old, unless there is a good reason for bumping the topic. #Tongue

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok, thanks^^ Won't do it again, but I've seen the name... #Tongue
You could also make a little mutant "city". Or place mutations/mutants on the map. At me personally I like them, but that is your decision^^

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, the problem with making a mutant city, would be that there are not alot of "Mutated" objects you can put in snow maps. Putting down Mould and FONA cause's Internal errors once you scroll over them in-game (This happens to me anyway). Suggestions are always nice though. Thanks. Smile

Edit: You know you said in the other topic (which you bumped, but thats ok #Tongue) about your map named (Crate War), i think i've seen it online before, Is it like, Urban based? Confused

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't worry about bumps unless they are a month or more old, so 5 days is nothing to worry about, Wink.

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, the base is a conflict map... You have a Pick up truck to "harvest" crates...
I think, blue Tiberium on youre map would also be interesting... Or make the bigblue the game crahs? I don't think so...
EDIT: I mean blue Tiberiumtrees..

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep, Muldrake is the one to listen too.. By the way muldrake, what's the news on Map Spotlights by the way? Intoxication, and Seige City haven't been spotlighted yet... Which is confusing. #Tongue

And Ordosherrscher (Damn that's a mouthfull Laughing), "BigBlue's" also make the snow map's crash when you scroll over them, i'm not sure why though... It's just another one of them things, that's why i didn't put alot of Blue tiberium on the map.

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok, then change one of the Tibtrees. This isn't as eyecandy as the big blue Tibtree, bu it works also
TiberiumToSpawn=2
And it will spawn blue Tiberium Wink Another possibility... a tip if you want that something spawns blue Tiberium

My name is a little bit german... The "Herrscher" is #Tongue

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've heard of that trick before, but i've never used it, as the normal Tiberium Tree's around Blue Tiberium, look strange in my opinion. More than likely because i always see the Normal Tiberium Tree's in Green tiberium patches... A Good suggestion though. I'll have to try it in my next snow map (More than likely wont be seen / heard of for a long time).

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Several maps have been picked out for spotlight, only problem is, for a spotlight, the map has to be added to the webpage.
And currently Banshee is working on his xhtml banner update.
Needless to say, they will be added. Its just a matter of time Wink.

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

with this little trick you also can place another Tiberiumvariation on the map Wink Something special, like red Tiberium or something else Very Happy
Hmmmm, I mean, that I have used a blue Tibtree on a snow map without crashing... But I'm not sure...

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just love maps with the day-night script. It's so easy to add, still only a few use it.

Good work with the map, Aro. Will you ever return to our team =)?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Will you ever return to our team =)?

Now that i seem to have nothing but time, Yes. All you have to do is give me the time i need. Smile
And thanks for the comment, aye. #Tongue

Edit : At Below comment -

Crash wrote:
I need to focus on my exams.

HE SEE'S 'DA LIGHT!! #Cussing out What took you so long?
I'm only messin'! #Tongue Glad to know you've finaly gotten around to paying attention to your school work.
Not that i'm a god damn model student, but y'know, your REAL life comes first!

Last edited by Aro on Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, i can't comment now and I'm not gonna until weekend, I need to focus on my exams. looks good from previews though.(Ts not installed)

Aro wrote:
Glad to know you've finaly gotten around to paying attention to your school work.

I beg you pardon? Confused

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro's a lousy joker, I wouldn't read too much into it #Tongue

The Team Black Index

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OH NO HE DIDN'!! #Cussing out

Sir Modsalot
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is becoming split-bait... but it's also nice to see another snow map. #Tongue

[quote="DCoder"]There is no sanity left in this thread.[/quote]

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and so judgement day for this map has arrived...will it make it out well or will it be brought down...keep reading to find out! Laughing

anyways its review time:
Detail (since you were so mad I left it out on the last map): 9/10 Detail was good but something mostly in another category but relates to this one in a way brought it away from a 10.

Layout: 6/10 This being that category mentioned above. Its just too simple of a layout IMO. Cliffs are there but just seemed randomly spread out and don't really even create the pathways to use. Also I think you should have connected all the dirt roads so that they make a nice big system of roads.
oh and there were 2 cliff errors. See below pic.

Triggers: 8.5/10 nice to see the day/night loop. Smile Though I think more could have been done with moving vehicles which could have been more possible with the above mentioning of what you could have done with the dirt roads.

Lighting: 8/10 It was nice. Maybe a little bland though. The day/night loop added nice contrast from day and night. Although be careful of your alpha light posts during the day. In one area 2 or 3 of them were too close together and made for a blinding light area.

Game play: 7/10 meh it was ok but nothing stood out. Bases being openish due to the layout and not enough strategy for my liking kept this score from being higher.

Overall: 7.7 Its a nice little 3 player snow map that could just use a little more in just about every category. No spotlight vote from me on this one though unless it gets revamped. (honestly I think I was a little too easy on certain areas of judging : P )

anyways sorry for the long read. #Tongue
*lol almost forgot the pic of the cliff errors. Rolling Eyes

aroCWclifferrors.PNG
 Description:
the 2 cliff errors are circles in red as you can see. :)
 Filesize:  65.08 KB
 Viewed:  29458 Time(s)

aroCWclifferrors.PNG

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good God! I'll fix them. O_O

And thanks Ixith, just what i was waiting for, a full review. #Tongue

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Uploaded the Fixed version. I also made some improvements to the little bits in wordpad. Enjoy. Very Happy

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Added it to the Massive Map Pack list. This map will be included in the next version Smile

The Team Black Index

Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hokai, here's my review.

Detail: Well, i thought it looked quite good. 9.5\10

Layout: Like ixith said, it's quite boring and simple. It needs a lot more. 5\10

Lighting: The tiberium field lighting is lovely, and the main lighting in the map is nice too, although it misses something, though the night\day loop pushed your score up. 8\10

Gameplay: The gameplay is rather straight forward. Nothing really special. You gotta spice your maps with more interesting tactics. I know you did include some moving vehicles. 4\10.

Overall: It's a nice simple map with quite a nice lighting. Should be fun to play. I'm gonna give it 7\10. Nice job overall.

Btw, don't put down civilian buildings from the terrain browser. It can't be destroyed if so.

BTW.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  134.34 KB
 Viewed:  29398 Time(s)

BTW.JPG

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I Couldn't care less about the Temp housing thing, that mean's nothing, to be honest. #Tongue
It's wierd the way you gave Gameplay a 5 and Ixith gave it a 7... Hmm. Ahh well, it's not SPICED up, cause it's my first snow map, i'll have y'all know, and i'm obviously going to grow better at making them over time... I think i'll stick with temperates for the moment. Very Happy

Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I've started judging gameplay more, and detail less. I hope to see more maps from you Smile

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

With Twisted Insurrection coming along, you wont be seeing alot from me. Smile

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Only seen the screenshots, so I'll just say the detail is superb.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [36 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon