Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:30 am
All times are UTC + 0
(Re)Introducing the Titan and Wolverine for Kane's Wrath
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [46 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:47 am    Post subject:  (Re)Introducing the Titan and Wolverine for Kane's Wrath Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here they are:

They will replace the predator and zone troopers for the Steel Talon subfaction. View them high-res and a short video demonstration at http://www.commandandconquer.com

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Better then the walking porto potty in TS, thats for damn sure. :3

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mei Ling wrote:
Better then the walking porto potty in TS, thats for damn sure. :3

Like AT-ST?

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not sure if I like them, they look so much different than the originals, but they are very interesting I must say...

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am in love Very Happy

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The more EA begins to reveal about KW the more i'm beginning to like it Smile

Last edited by Mortecha on Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, i love them! The Titan looks like its gonna pack a punch!

TX1138
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy sweet mother of Kane! Surprised Those look awesome!

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They look good, but how big are they compared to other walkers (IE not that the Wolverine is as big as a Juggernaut Wink )

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Go to the main website, there is a video where it shows them ingame Wink

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cooooooollllllllllll #Shocked
But what with a mammoth IV? #Popcornsmile

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ehmm, which of the dozen videos Confused

EDIT: nevermind, i found it Smile

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hope those spindly little legs on the titan can actually support the weight of that cannon Neutral

blubb
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the wolverine is actually quite nice but the titasn is really fucked up....battletech design shit Sad

Edit: when i saw the trailer....the titan is way too small Sad

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I Think they both look, way too, top heavy. The head / Turret is way too long, in my opinion. Confused

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tratos wrote:
I hope those spindly little legs on the titan can actually support the weight of that cannon Neutral

I just noticed. The exact reason why the mechs were originally phased out, and now they return with even weaker legs...

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

blubb wrote:
the wolverine is actually quite nice but the titasn is really fucked up....battletech design shit Sad

imo, the wolverine looks battletech-ish, too, although that's not necessarily a bad thing.
Whatever, it definitely looks better than that titan.

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Skinny legs, although otherwise fine.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They look better than their TS counterparts... though anything could.

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

great looking mechs. although the titan could use some protective plating on its thigh area.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
They look better than their TS counterparts... though anything could.

errrr you have a horrible taste then...

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hardly horrible taste. The wolverine looks like a walking shitter, and the Titan just looks...weird.

I'd rather have Metal Gear, personally. =D

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Wolwerine looked great and the Titan in TS was formidable. All it would need in KW is a new texture and better armour positioning imo.

Alexander C Bukington
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

man they look like shit.... and thats coming form someone who didnt give a crap whether or not they were included in the game. Then Again most people probably like them just because they r called the"titan" and "wolverine"

Last edited by Alexander C Bukington on Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, the Titan looks fine IMO, the turret is fairly similar to the original design (just too big), the legs have a similar shape too, though they lack armor. I still like more the original design (not the in game sprite which looks quite bad), though it's recognizable as a Titan.

About the wolverine, well I can't recognize it as a wolverine, IMO it's a WH40k rip-off, as when I first saw it, the Space Marine's dreadnought was my first thought. Though that doesn't mean that I don't like it, it's still nice. But I thought that it was supposed to be a heavy powersuit.

Anyways haven't seen the videos yet, trying to do so now, so that might change my opinions #Tongue

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The only thing I have against them is that their legs look a bit thin. Doesn't look like they'd be able to hold the weight of the huge torso that well.

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As much as the Wolverine looks fat in the render, ingame it doesn't seem so bad. Its fat, but not hugely.

The Titan.. I've mixed feelings. In the render, I like it. Ingame.. I don't. The legs look far too small to support the massive torso. And the size of the gun.. its rediculously huge, with no apparent counter-weight on the other side. I have to admit, I liked the Titan's counterweight column in TS, kinda hoped for it to be back here. Now.. it just looks like a pizza box with a gun to the size, supported by cocktail sticks.

I do like the walking animations though.. and they are good quality works. The wolverine I can get used to. The Titan.. bugs me.

Wess
TS Mapping GOD

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lol, the TS units were so blocky and simple even the Ra2 Apoc was more detailed.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ingame videos? where?
They don't look too bad even for FPS.

Styledatol
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the Titan's legs should be a bit thicker...

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Definitely. That piece in the middle just looks bare...

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gufu wrote:
Ingame videos? where?

Maybe at commandandconquer.com?
Maybe it links to the Titan and Wolverine section on the main/front page?
Maybe the first link on that section links to the ingame video?

Maybe.. maybe.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol, there are like three or four of these topics

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Isn't KW set before TW? In TW we saw the remains of destroyed TS design Titans, but none of these things - Piem Taradox much? And of course they would bring them back looking more vunerable than the ones in TS.

I do like the Wolverine more than the original design. Titan is too chicken like and looks like it'd blow itself backwards with each shot.

Last edited by Suiseiseki on Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Muldrake wrote:
gufu wrote:
Ingame videos? where?

Maybe.. maybe.

Liek which one? >_>
I am not watching through all of that.

Alexander C Bukington
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

we all have to keep in mind the year the TS models were created and the capabilities back then..

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Capabilities are no excuse for a bad design...the same time, Metal Gear REX was created. Now, compare REX to, oh, the Mammoth Mark 2. One of them is very original, the other isn't. Besides, what do limits matter if the models are going to be converted to bloody SHP anyways?

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gufu wrote:
Muldrake wrote:
gufu wrote:
Ingame videos? where?

Maybe.. maybe.

Liek which one? >_>

Did you actually follow the link, Gufu? If you had, you would have seen that the default movie to load, is the ingame video. Heck, even if by some sheer fluke it wasn't, its the first video on the right-side.. the one.. surprisingly enough labelled.. "The Titan And Wolverine Return".

Is it so hard for people to use their noggin once in a while?

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mei Ling wrote:
Capabilities are no excuse for a bad design...the same time, Metal Gear REX was created. Now, compare REX to, oh, the Mammoth Mark 2. One of them is very original, the other isn't.

Oh here we go again. Mammoth Mark II was created 23 years after present, and thus actually utilizes more conventional design than Metal Gear REX. I can't see anything wrong with MMKII TBH.

Quote:
Besides, what do limits matter if the models are going to be converted to bloody SHP anyways?

FMVs Carno, FMVs...

Alexander C Bukington
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"Besides, what do limits matter if the models are going to be converted to bloody SHP anyways?"
well since everyone is comparing the old and new titans to the cut scene modeled ones I think it does matter a bit.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Muldrake wrote:
gufu wrote:
Muldrake wrote:
gufu wrote:
Ingame videos? where?

Maybe.. maybe.

Liek which one? >_>

Did you actually follow the link, Gufu? If you had, you would have seen that the default movie to load, is the ingame video. Heck, even if by some sheer fluke it wasn't, its the first video on the right-side.. the one.. surprisingly enough labelled.. "The Titan And Wolverine Return".

Is it so hard for people to use their noggin once in a while?

Ea hates me enough to not allow my computer to even find traces of this video. On other though, I seen them at gamespot.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wonder what the upgrades will be for the titan. Another arm gun or the single gun to become a rail gun?

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Railgun upgrade for the gun, and "adaptive armour".

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, that middle part of a leg is too thin, I can imagine, how those 70 tons of Titan turret fell down when turret is mounted. #Mad
I don't think carbide filaments should be enough, especially it's a battle mech!
BTW, which idiot has so stupid idea of these legs?

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

Styledatol
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Muldrake wrote:
Railgun upgrade for the gun, and "adaptive armour".

gay

EDIT: Why the hell there's no recoil when the titans fire? I mean... the cannon(gun) is gigantic... at least give it a bigger fire anime...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [46 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!