Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:10 am
All times are UTC + 0
Where to place Mods so they work (*)
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Kurorahk
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject:  Where to place Mods so they work (*)
Subject description: A tutorial not a Question
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is how you do it in Windows, I don't know how on a mac so I will need someone to pm me how so I can add it, any ways to the Tutorial.

First: go to My Documents
Second: go to a folder called Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars
Third: Make a folder called Mods (exactly as I put it) if one does not already exist;
The file path should be something like this:

C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents(or My Documents for those without vista)\Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\Mods

Forth: Unzip or remove from RAR file your mod and place in a folder by its name if when Unzipped or removed from its RAR file does not make a folder with its name.

I hope this helps for all those wishing to play mods or make their own.

-Kurorahk-

Key Words: #Tutorials #Modding #TiberiumWars #KanesWrath 

Blaze, Demon of The Round Table, Mobuis One call me what you want I am one with the sky.

CPBailey74
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How do you know if the MODs are working? I used a few and none of the changes are showing. I made the folder in the folder as below:

C:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\My Documents\Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\Mods

None of the files are in a folder as stated. I was also told to put files in a folder under:

C:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application Data\Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars

But there is also the main program directory in:

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Command & Conquer 3

Anyway, was wondering if I also had to edit any other file name to direct it or something. Thanks!

Kurorahk
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well after placing the mods in the folder when you insert the disk the game menu pops up and you see a button called Game Browser, click it.

From there, at the middle of the window that pops up there should be two tabs one called Replays the other called Mods.

Now click on Mods and if you did everything right your mods name should be there, now click it and hit the button called Launch Game.

For reference Mighty BOB has put up some pictures of where to go when launching a mod.

If in game nothing shows up even if everything else is good then the mod itself is to blame.

-Kurorahk-

Blaze, Demon of The Round Table, Mobuis One call me what you want I am one with the sky.

Last edited by Kurorahk on Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mighty BOB!
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mods go in your Documents, Maps go in your Application Data. Why EA made 2 locations is beyond me. Nothing goes in the game directory.

A couple of helpful images for launching the mods. (You have to launch the mod every time; you can only have 1 mod launched at a time.)

launchmods01.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  89.02 KB
 Viewed:  18111 Time(s)

launchmods01.JPG

launchmods02.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  61.92 KB
 Viewed:  18111 Time(s)

launchmods02.JPG

Kurorahk
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you Mighty Bob that will help.

-Kurorahk-

xyver81
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Kurorahk,

I am currently playing CnC3 Tiberium Wars Kane Edition v1.04. I did everything that you said:

1) Go to My Documents
2) Go to CnC3 Tiberium Wars Folder
3) Create a new "Mods" folder
4) Unzip the mod inside the "Mods" folder

Here's how my directory looks like:
C:\Documents and Settings\xyver81\My Documents\Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\Mods

I load the Game DVD but the "Game Browser" option next to the "Play" option didn't appear. Could you tell me what did I do wrong?

Also, am I suppose to unzip the mods along with its folder into the "Mods" folder or, just the .Big file and the .SkuDef file?

Any opinion or help is greatly appreciated!

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1.04 is an old patch. They've enabled the mod launcher on 1.05 or later...(I don't remember exactly... but definitely after 1.04).

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The mod support was added with 1.07, thus it wont work with 1.04.

Chazzman
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Modding Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've got version 1.09 but when i go on game browser it dosnt have the mods tab #Mad is it because im using vista?

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you have the patch (and/or game) correctly installed? I have Vista and 1.09 too, and it works correctly...

Chazzman
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i installed the patch ingame (multiplaying) and i my disc is a v1.00
Should i just reinstall the game

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, a good idea. If that fails, then something is very wrong with your game...

Chazzman
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeahhhhh!!! finally got it working Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon