Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:03 pm
All times are UTC + 0
My thoughts on TSR
Moderators: SMIFFGIG
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Yoshi
Hungry Hungry Lizard!

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 5:44 am    Post subject:  My thoughts on TSR Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TSR is pretty awsome, in the means of things added to gamplay and such. I just dont like some things like the new voices and the new hover missile projectile, looks kinda odd I creamed my pants over the nod apc and flame tank, the light tank rocks too! The tick tank looks...erm.......retarded lol

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

smiffgig know already, but i like a lot the sound of the construction of a building ! it's rock Razz

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All the new voice sounds are from Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert 1 and i think they add abit more variation to the standard same old boring voice u get in standard TS for virtually all Nod and GDI vehicles

The new hover missile projectile was an unused one ingame, however now that you have brought that to my attention i think it might better suit the cyborg reaper

and ill put the Hover Missiles back to what they where in normal TS

The Tick Tank looks like it did in late beta shots (well pretty much not exact, i think it looks less retarded than what it did with no turret and then a magically appearing one when it deployed :S )

MaXiM
you loved that CNST build sound
I guarentee 100% you are just gunna LOVE the new sounds in TS:R 1.2
SeaMan is great with sounds you have just got to hear them some ripped from the TS FMV's and others from renegade
they are really cool..... hmm your just gunna have to play it to see what i mean. Im even happy about them and its rare im actually positivly happy about something in my mod, usually its the attutude of (well theres still room for improvement) #Tongue

P.S. Whilst its still fresh on my mind there is now smoke (like in RA1) from exploded buildings and debris etc..... very effective Very Happy

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you want to hear a sample of the sounds I have done, just download the attachment.

samplesfx.zip
 Description:
Fiend5 - Tiberian fiend ambient sound
Lastur3 - Laser turret firing
Powrbuild - Power Plant going online/consctructed
Vexp8 - vehicle exploding, debris flying around. (Note: Loud sound, adjust your speakers!)

Download
 Filename:  samplesfx.zip
 Filesize:  98.58 KB
 Downloaded:  228 Time(s)

Last edited by SeaMan on Fri May 16, 2003 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very good seaman Smile

lastur3 and vexp8 file sound are very good

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

vexp8 is great Smile

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea sounds good

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you make them yourself or find them and record them?

They sound great, but I know I've heard PowrBuild before.

I record new sounds from old N64 games using an RCA>Headphones converter and the sound input plug on my computer.

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some are ripped from cutscenes (recorded) and some are from C&C Renegade. There are also some edited TS sounds (different pitch,speed..)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and alot of Tiberian Dawn and RA1 sounds

oh and a few RA2 sounds (mp5,terror drone,sell sound etc)

Yoshi
Hungry Hungry Lizard!

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some other things come to mind

was there ever a normal Nod apc in the screenshots?

the heavy tanks should be turretless, no?

The flame tank wasnt in either to my knowlege

and what the heck is that terror drone thing?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
was there ever a normal Nod apc in the screenshots?

The flame tank wasnt in either to my knowlege

You can see both in the screenie below, which is of version 1.0 of Retro so basically its old

Quote:
the heavy tanks should be turretless, no?

No? they should definitly have turrets like RA1 and the beta screenshots... and well the official but unused Heavy Tank voxel (which doesnt look great but an improved version is used in retro as u can see above)

Quote:
and what the heck is that terror drone thing?

No Terror drone in v1.2 im afraid

thanks for the comments
-SMIFFGIG[/code]

Yoshi
Hungry Hungry Lizard!

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

um. in the beta screens, it never had a turret. I kinda liked the turretless thing :\

and im GLAD the terror drone is gone, it was really weird, cool in theory, but didnt fit in. and I meant the fake screenshots, the APC and flamer tank wasnt in the old fake screenshots released by westwood

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, he's not JUST adding things that were going to be in TS... he's also being creative and adding a few things of his own that he thinks will improve the game. Before I met SMIFF, I would have never thought that to be a good idea for a mod, adding things that would have made it into ts... that was before I knew all the amazing things that didn't make it in. Yet, not to bash TS, I like it just like it is anyway.

awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TS is OK as it is. I think in the last few minets of development they rushed things to much. I also blame it on the take over of West Wood by EA. I infact have a mod similer to TSR where I have restored most of the stuff that was left out or changed such as the comm center, threat rating node(wich Im thinking of looking for new uneak looking graphics),3rd tiberium sorce, tech buildings, enhanced the usefullnes of veterency...... The list can go on and on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon