Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:44 pm
All times are UTC + 0
impossibly question?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [45 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject:  impossibly question? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is this impossibles question?

1: What was before universe?

2: What happened before the Big Bang?

3: What was Big Bang? How is looked?

4: What is nothing?

5: Can we survival forever?

6: Is it a god?

7: Religion will be deleted?

8: Where lead a black hole?

9: Can we land on another planet outside our galaxy?

10: Can we land on the Sun?

11: How big is the galaxy?

12: Is Maya calender true?

13: People need to be bad?
13.1: Are some people always nice?

14: Can it be peace on earth?

15: What is a good life?

16: How look a UFO ?

17: What is a normal human being?

18: Will the oil stop?

19: How deep can we drill in the earth?

20: Can we find out everything on a human being? (Under the skin) Everything about the organ and so on.

21: Money is the way? Where is the love then?

22: We human being need to show feelings?

23: How the humanity go under? Dead out?

24: How big is the universe? (Thanks to Mr.pokey to fix me :p)

25: Is will come more from me Smile

If you know a question please PM me?!

Last edited by Anderwin on Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One thing certain in the universe is that there will always be uncertainty; There will always be questions and doubts, no matter how far we've progressed as a race.
For those things, don't get too frustrated looking for provable truth, realizing we as humans have limited perception

If the answer is beneficial to your life, then it is correct.
That's called faith.

Just my IMO, others might disagree.

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We do know how big the galaxy is.

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

friday-13th
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well,some are answerable.Lemme just finish this warcraft 3 battle....
#Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Godofgamers
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Before Clazzy gets here...

1.) Nothing.

2.) Nothing.

3.) A hot, dense point from which the universe began. We don't know how it looked.

4.) Quantum theory states that there is no truly 'empty' space. Nothing is otherwise a lack of anything.

5.) Nothing lasts forever. Thus, humans can't either.

6.) Not going to answer. Don't want a religious debate.

7.) Again, not going to answer.

8.) Nowhere. It is the end of the line for anything that falls in. There are wormhole theories, but none of them are really viable. All black holes lead to a singularity encased by an event horizon.

9.) No, unless the aforementioned wormhole theories are true.

10.) No; we would be cremated before we even got there.

11.) 100,000 light years in diameter, 1,000 light years thick.

12.) Hopefully not.

13.) No evil means no struggle. No struggle means nothing ever advances at all.

14.) Nobody is always nice; everyone has a bad side.

15.) Depends on your definition of good.

16.) Probably not.

17.) Nobody knows for sure. That's why they're unidentified.

18.) Yes.

19.) I don't know offhand.

20.) Most likely.

21.) Love is everywhere; money is concentrated in certain areas.

22.) Yes, it's mentally unhealthy to do otherwise.

23.) Nuclear holocaust, cataclysmic natural disaster, asteroid. All equally viable theories.

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Someone should translate the Engrish I don't care enough about crap to do it though.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Before Clazzy gets here

You read my mind. Rolling Eyes

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Re: impossibly question? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1: Nothing.

2: Nothing.

3: An extremely hot, very dense, point in 'space'. Who knows what it looked like.

4: Nothing is an absence of anything.

5: Possibly, but purely on this planet, no.

6: Personally, no.

7: No, religion as we know it may cease to exist, but there will always be 'religion' in one form or another as long as Human's exist.

8: The Gamma Quadrant.

9: Definatly, just not at this point in time.

10: Theoretically, yes. Probably not though.

11: Massive, i dont know any figures on it but i know its not infinate.

12: Unlikely.

13: Yes, its part of being a concious species.
13.1: No, nobody is always nice, despite what they may tell you.

14: Probably not.

15: One which you enjoyed, where you did things you were glad to have done, and youve done things you regret. You cannot have a good life without regret.

16: Who knows.

17: A Homo Sapien, any person is a normal human being, whether mentally or physically disabled. If you pull the wires out your computer, its still a computer, it just doesnt function as well as others do.

18: No, but we may use up all Oil that currently exists.

19: As far as technology enables us.

20: Yes.

21: Unfortunatly, money is the way. Love, however gratifying, will get you nowhere in life.

22: Yes, or we take away the factor that makes us the dominant species.

23: Probably through self-extinction, nuclear war etc...

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's my pseudo-philosophy/mathematical concepts

the best way to look at the universe is in terms of geometry. you have four basic measurements (or dimensions) length width height and time. The first three dimensions have their own axises. Each axis lies 90 degrees in relation to the other and extend in either way infinitly. The fourth one time, is in a way independant from the others because it does not lie 90 degrees from the others, but however it does extend in either direct infinitly.

There are many physical laws that govern our universe and everything in it (like gravity). One important law is that energy (and matter iirc) cannot be created nor destroyed only changed from one form to another. Thus everything that is has always been, albeit in a different form. Thus since the matter cannot have been created nor destroyed, and it is currently on the line that is time, then it can assumed that it has always been there in either direction of the line, and shall always be there in the future. to answer 1) The only thing that physically could exist before the universe is the universe at an earlier time and date.

You also asked what happened before the big bang. 2) I beleive one of two things could have happened. Either all the energy and mass that was squezed into that small ball had been like that indefiantly going back. The second answer (which I like better) is that the universe is like a heart, constantly expanding and rectracting. So that would mean before the big bang there was another universe (consisting of the same matter/energy as us). That universe eventually expnanded and all the stars died out and creating "black holes". The gravitational force of these black holes pulled each other together into the ball that would become the center of the big bang. Now put this on repeat infinitly.

You ask how did the big bang look. Considering that the gravitational force of a single black hole is enough to prevent light from escaping, the big bang did not emit light.

Nothing is the total absence of matter and energy, aka a perfect vacuum.

To be finished

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The questions have mostly been answered, but I like random interesting questions.
Quote:

Nobody will ever know. It could be nothing, it may have been another universe with no similar possibilities. There are scientists who theorise that a big crunch at the end of our universe will result in the creation of another. It's all speculation though, we'll never know because it can't be observed.

Quote:

Imagine blowing a bubble or balloon that just keeps expanding forever. That's more-or-less the big bang. The universe started from an infinitely small dot and just started expanding. The term bang is misleading since there was no explosion, just expansion. It probably wouldn't have looked special, probably dark but very hot.

Quote:

That's a fascinating question for which there isn't really an answer. I could debate for hours as to whether nothing exists thanks to the uncertainty principle or the propagation of waves throughout space but it rather depends on what you define as "nothing".

Quote:

Not literally, one day the technology may exist so we can theoretically live indefinitely. Apparently, the problem is with the same gene that causes cancer.

Quote:

Well my answer is a no (if you mean "is there a God?") but many people would argue against that. There are too many logical flaws for a God but it's your choice as to whether you believe or not.

Quote:

Probably never. There will always be people willing to believe in a God, usually for the wrong reasons. Besides, religions can be good things and teach noble and good ways to live a life.

Quote:

Into itself. That's about all can be said, really.

Quote:

Of course, why not? We just have to find one first!

Quote:

No, it's a big ball of gas with a strong gravitational pull. There's nothing to land on, really. Plus it's rather hot.

Quote:

Unlikely.

Quote:

Perhaps. Some people can be nicer but good and evil can't really be defined, not in my mind anyway. There are still shades of grey between anyway.

Quote:

If only. Until there is a common cause that unites the human race, it won't happen.

Quote:

That's for you to decide, don't let anyone else tell you otherwise from what you think.

Quote:

Well it's unidentified, it flies and is an object. If we knew then it wouldn't be a UFO!

Quote:

Define what normal is, then get back to me.

Quote:

Theoretically, new oil is being created constantly since it's made from dead plants and animals. However, oil in large amounts will be gone in about 50 years but the bigger issue is when oil costs too much to find and obtain rather than when it runs out.

Quote:

We've drilled around 12km or so, I believe.

Quote:
20: Can we find out everything on a human being? (Under the skin) Everything about the organ and so on.

Of course, there's no reason why not. If it can be seen then it can be found out about.

Quote:

Money is a currency, emotions aren't. Chances are emotions affect you mentally far more than money does.

Quote:

Even animals have emotions. Other creatures mourn their dead, show affection for one another and of course there are more in-built emotions like fear that is effectively there to keep the organism alive. Anyway, emotions are a natural thing and avoiding them is probably bad in the long run.

Quote:

Does it particularly matter? The human race probably won't be completely wiped out unless there is a particularly bad disease or an evil alien race that really doesn't like us. Civilisations will collapse but as long as there are at least two humans of differing genders, we can still survive.

Well, that was a fun waste of time, any more?

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Re: impossibly question? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1)Time.

2)Time became energy which in turn became matter.

3)It's an energy... how does energy looks like?

4)Vacuume without existance.

5)Body can't, entity hovewhere can (i.e. moving oneself through chain of bodies).

6)No.

7)Quiet possibly.

8)Nowhere... it is a pure anti-matter.

9)Depending on energy source, technology, and time.

10)Depending on energy source, technology, and time.

11)Large and still growing.

12)For them, yes. For us... no.

13)Nature of all creatures is to be neutral - including balancing the good and the bad.
13:1)No

14)Hive-mind, nuff' said.

15)What is bad life?

16)Depends on what it is, it's design design and purpose (if hand/tentacle made)

17)Creature at the current place of it's evolution. As time goes on, the standards will change.

18)Possible... but not forever (unless someone will anihilate all plant life).

19)Go for the core, no one cares.

20)I don't see why not.

21)Nom the money is an exchange good used by intellegent creatures.

22)All animals above basic cells have feelings.

23)Depends on the scenario.

24)*Prepares to hide*

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's interesting how people's answers reflect a lot of their personality

The Team Black Index

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Part 2

Every living thing known to man has eventually died. If you look at it at another angle, there is still life, and since all life derived from one living cell, then all of the life on earth could be considered one giant life form. That life form has survived for a couple billions years, so it is so diverse with all it's forms, whats from stopping it from continueing indefiantly? There are limits to how long life can survive, for example, they can only exist as long as the universe in which it resides exists. (read about the big bang above)

Haven't you heard? God is dead! If a god ever existed, it would have to consist of matter and energy and also be subject to physical laws. God would be dead by now, seeing as how old it would be and also tking into consideration the events of the universe.

Religion will ultimatly die with humanity unless there are other sentient beings.

A black hole is a very small, very dense, peice of mass. There is no "hole" in it and it leads nowhere but the center of it's gravity.

I am getting bored of typing

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If God created physical laws, he wouldn't be forced to obey them, would he? #Tongue
Of course, such a realm beyond physical laws is inconceivable.
An argument for or against the existence of God leads nowhere, since He occupies the realm of everything unknown.
God said as a promise that He can not be found by any human effort - and if He ever was, it would make Him a liar, meaning He didn't exist in the first place :S
This is why I say, it's not what you believe that matters, it's how it affects you.
God/Christianity is worth believing in, IF it provides a helpful guide to life, and I've found it to be so.

Someone might ask me to define what exactly is "helpful", but I can most simply say, I know it when I see it.
IMO everything can be doubted.. but if someone were to give everything doubt that it was due, it will lead nowhere but to indecision and argument. The key is to find what works best, and not be led by the doubt. That's called faith.

Sorry for going slightly off the topic on the subject of God, but I think these are important things to consider, and I felt the need to explain myself, as there are a lot of mixed opinions on this.

The Team Black Index

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Clazzy wrote:

or an evil alien race that <i>really</i> doesn't like us

That made my day

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol at Clazzy's comment on the UFO. couldn't have said it better myself lol

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have ask the same question on some forums now.
And I see PPM are not really seriously like others.

/\ is a big problem.
This is and are question some can find todays.
Discuss with others and so on.!

@Clazzys
Quote:
That's a fascinating question for which there isn't really an answer. I could debate for hours as to whether nothing exists thanks to the uncertainty principle or the propagation of waves throughout space but it rather depends on what you define as "nothing".

Nothing is nothing, is nothing there. Even no light and so on. But what is it?

Quote:
Of course, why not? We just have to find one first!

We not a lot of others planet outside our galaxy. But we will never come there many people say.
If the sun are hot? We find others planets some are really hot to.

Quote:

What are a normal people? People say be normal? But what is normal then? Nobody really know it?

Quote:
Of course, there's no reason why not. If it can be seen then it can be found out about.

Even today we do not know this things: (Is a lot more to)

Why we yawn?
why we got brace?
What do appendix?
Like this things, and a lot more.

@Dafool:

Yeah, but we got things some do animals live 4X longer than normal to. I don't know where the report are. I only got it in Norwegian. So if animals and bugs can live 4x longer than we with thats stuff or what they do again. Why can't human live it to?

Mr. Pokey wrote:
We do know how big the galaxy is.

Laughing i write wrong :p. I mean universe.

Equiredox
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When we ask if empty space exists, we must get our head around what is space. Basically in order to do this, we must explain the concept of quantum entanglement and how it is related to space, because it seems, space is not exactly what we think / perceive it is and 'distance' may just be some 'effect'.

So, what was before the big bang? Is space-time discrete? If time is not discrete, then, an infinite number of events can occur in a finite period of time. Provided the events converge in regards to the sums of their individual times (the dichotomy paradox proved wrong).

I am aware of quintessence, but that is just an idea and they say scientists don't have faith!

Seriously. EPR paradox craziness, if only Quinn Mallory was a real person, and on these forums to help explain it.

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sliders rule btw. Karie Wuhrer #Tongue

Quote:
Why we yawn?
why we got brace?
What do appendix?

We yawn, because it reminds us of sleep, during which we breathe slowly. Thus, the body reflexes and makes you take a big breath.
Braces - to have nice teeth of cource #Tongue
Appendix - beats me, but it's probably a leftover from the days humans weren't carnivourous.

What is nothing? No thing. You can't perceieve it, therefore it doesn't exist. Don't bother your mind with something more, unless you're interested in physics.

Don
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

vOi!king ship wrote:
Sliders rule btw. Karie Wuhrer #Tongue

Quote:
Why we yawn?
why we got brace?
What do appendix?

Appendix - beats me, but it's probably a leftover from the days humans weren't carnivourous.

I was the guy who posted the thing at PPCHAN which fascinated you and the appendix does have use look up at Wikipedia

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: impossibly question? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All speculation, of course. It seems absurd to say something comes from nothing - because that makes it something, and not nothing. Therefore I think it may be everpresent (infinite). If you mean the known universe, and not entirety of all (if such a thing), then it may be part of and even larger cosmos. The cosmos may be eternal without direction and thus in every direction. It seems to bring the least contradictions to me.

At the moment we can't know. Perhaps in future, we can know with more evidence. I have a strong feeling 'dark matter' will add many pieces to the puzzle of understanding. It seems absurd to say something comes from nothing - because that makes it something, and not nothing.

Really dense matter.

Nothing is no thing. To describe it is something. It is the lack of something.

Theoretically. Pseudo-immortality via machines, clones, etc. Or if our sciences advance enough, perhaps the exploitation of a quantum universe can ensure immortality. Proving such things as alternate realities which thrum into what we know as reality could also open up possibilites of immortality.

Only if we define it as such. It is highly subjective to the abstract imagination of humans (and possibly extraterrestrials).

If you remove every human. If not, then the potential for religious ideologies occurring exists.

Unknown. One of my own ideas, since it is known to cause a singularity from intense gravity, is that it may lead to another universe or reality, or it may act as a wormhole in spacetime. Here is something I wrote of it many months ago:

Quote:
Firstly consider black holes, should they even exist, considering that even their existence is debated. Described as infinitely dense matter; as with anything labelled infinite, one could even consider it incomprehensible – it is not unusual for philosophy to muse about such things upon waiting for further exploration by scientific means. One philosophical idea I suggest is that black holes are just like the theoretical metaphorical 'bubbles in a simmering pot' that contemporary astrophysics think our universe as being part of – one of many universes, a multiverse. If you where to be the observer of this 'simmering pot', perhaps it would seem that the bubbles where infinitely dense, surrounded by an expanse, perhaps not, either way this concept leaves a higher echelon above the universe as being ambiguous.

I imply that we are able to 'see' multiverses from this universe in the form of 'infinitely dense' black holes, and that perhaps our universe could be seen as a black hole in another universe – if it held the same physics, and if not, perhaps it would appear as an equivalent oddity within another universe. Perhaps this concept is more tangible by giving a tangible description, consider that many atoms are quite hollow, and it is only our own minds which fill in the gap of such things being solid. If you had a powerful enough means of magnification, you could probe between the hollow atoms of say, an ordinary desk. From our own human eyes, it could be said that the desk seems to be infinitely dense from an aesthetic point of view – it is not transparent, it has no tangible holes, it is solid. And yet, with the right tools we learn otherwise, we learn there is great space between such matter - and so it may be with black holes, should they exist.

To see an entire universe in such a small form from a universe the size of the one we exist in would logically seem infinitely dense – to create space between such dense matter would be decompress a universe – to have the size of an uncompressed universe, seemingly infinite, just as the matter is. It is in this thought of procuring plausible elaboration upon the incomprehensible that it can be realised how this very principle extends beyond multiverses and into the mundane – there are many things which may seem superficially unexplainable, and yet it is only this; superficial. Perhaps it is beyond human comprehension as of current; or perhaps it is only perceived as such – this is an important thought to consider in every day life.

With the right technology, yes.

If you mean get really close to the denser areas of the sun, then with the right technology, perhaps yes. Probably not as humans in flesh, though.

11: How big is the galaxy?

We already know or have estimated it. Google it.

In its predictions of astronomical cycles, yes. In terms of predicting paranormal shifts of consciousness? Subjective; therefore likely not.

Subjective. It is a common human behaviour, though.

Subjective. Some people may be predisposed to it, yes.

If you can remove living organism.. yes. Depends how you define peace. Most life lives in competition to survive, competition is the same force which leads to primitive territorial wars over all and anything.

Subjective. Whatever you define as a good life.

It looks as if you don't know what it looks like. It is also flying. An object, too. If you are referring to an extraterrestrial race and their aircrafts, well, we've never seen them, so we don't know.

Subjective, whatever you define. Another question is what is an abnormal human being? I don't think it is worth an answer. Humans are humans. Ideas of normality are merely social institutions.

Sure. Whether it is sucked dry, or western(ised) societies change their trends of energy sources.

As far as we like.. If we have the right technology. At the moment we've only managed a few thousand kilometres, if I recall correctly. The Soviet project had to stop due to the pressure and heat, though, and it was too hard to counter it by freezing the drill.

With the right technology, yes. Nanobots are a good example of a future improvement in technology to answer such questions.

Love is subjective. Money is an institution for certain societies, such as western(ised) ones. It is only the way forward if you base your false senses of progression on the reliance on such a system. It is hard to come up with any other system when many (or most) countries now extensively rely on this system, though. Love is then wherever you define it.

In some form or another yes. At the moment, anyway. In future it may be possible to bioengineer ourselves, though.

Too many ways to describe. Too uncertain. Too many possibilities.

24: How big is the universe?

Infinite? Astronomical? Define universe.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Nothing is nothing, is nothing there. Even no light and so on. But what is it?

See question 1. That is what nothing is, the lack of a universe.

Quote:
We not a lot of others planet outside our galaxy. But we will never come there many people say.
If the sun are hot? We find others planets some are really hot to.

No, we've found planets in our own galaxy. Planets in other galaxies are simply too small to see (we can't even see individual stars in other galaxies). We could get there, but it would be difficult and would take a great deal of resources of our planet to do it.

Quote:
What are a normal people? People say be normal? But what is normal then? Nobody really know it?

Normal is what the media defines. If the media says everyone should be thin, plastered in fake tan and make-up with blonde hair and should love watching Big Brother, that is apparently what normal is. I wouldn't be concerned about what is normal, though.

Quote:
i write wrong :p. I mean universe.

Well nobody knows the true answer. The size of the observable universe (what we can see) is quite large, to the point of being about 90 billion light years across. That might not be it, though.

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Quote:

Not literally, one day the technology may exist so we can theoretically live indefinitely. Apparently, the problem is with the same gene that causes cancer.

True (from what is actually known), cells are programed to undergo senescence, which is a programed death (by aging), however cancer cells ignore the senescence mechanism being, actually, immortal (As far as I remember there's actually several live cancer cell cultives that originate from a carcinogen tumor from a person that died more than 50 years ago).
On a personal thought death (by aging) is a evolutionary advantage, which speeds evolution (assuring the removal of less adapted individuals). Though, nowadays, this is not the case with humanity (at lest a great part of it), since we have "stopped" natural selection for our own species.

Quote:
Quote:

No, it's a big ball of gas with a strong gravitational pull. There's nothing to land on, really. Plus it's rather hot.

A small correction the sun is a gigantic ball of gases and plasma (the temperature is so high the the atoms can't keep their electrons so they're deionized)

Quote:
Quote:

Well it's unidentified, it flies and is an object. If we knew then it wouldn't be a UFO!

Best answer ever Laughing. Though I think he was referring to the look of extraterrestrial life (if it exist, though that's quite likely). Well, extraterrestrials could look almost like anything, and likely something that we would never imagine (because of the unknown necessary conditions for life to originate, and the unique evolutionary process that it will follow).

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could you imagine an earth where no one died naturally? Surprised
It would turn into an overpopulation nightmare! We'd consume all earth's resources at an exponential rate that would SHUN the resource consumption we have today..

The Team Black Index

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Clazzy wrote:

Quote:

Could have summed it up with what it stands for. -- Unidentified Flying Object. Wink

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What was before universe?
Is need a start. What was before it? EVery things today get a start so it need a start to Smile

So what was before?

What the meaning of life?

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I remember when I was 7 years old not being able to sleep well until I fell really really ill from thinking about those questions Anderwin. No bull; I really did. Laughing

Universe

Clazzy already stated what the scientists (like Georges Lemaitre) think how the universe started. Big Bang theory, expansion, primeval atom and all. but as was said before, no one was there when it happened so it's hard to speculate what took place.

Meaning of life:
depends on you, I'm a believer so my main meaning in life is different to yours and would probably never apply #Tongue.

however, this particular phrase might make an impact on you the way it did to me, it got me thinking when I heard it (it's from 'Troy'):

Oddyseus, King of Ithaca wrote:

"...Men are haunted by the vastness of eternity. And so we ask ourselves: will our actions echo across the centuries? Will strangers hear our names long after we are gone, and wonder who we were....."

looking at our fleeting time here on this oblate spheroid assemblage of elements we call the Earth, perhaps the best thing one can do for oneself is to make his/her stay worthwhile, worth remembering....

while fame won't probably matter once you're dead, being remembered by future generations would be like some sort of immortality for your benefit.
As opposed to some John/Jane Doe in the graveyard nobody visits, nobody knows and nobody cares who he/she was and what he/she was like; Millions of people all over the worlds know who Albert Einstein, Charles Darwin, Aristotle, Plato, Mao Tsetung, Qin Shi Huang, Tokugawa, Magellan, Julius Caesar (and many other famous people) are.

In a nutshell, because of the impact they made to the world, their names and their lives are remembered for aeons; and I believe as long as there are humans in this world they will be remembered.

I think the idea I just said can apply to all people.

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, I respect believers so no worry.

I really do not my meaning of life is.
When I think on my meaning of life I think so to help people.

I have helped some people, even Dats in this forum :p.

Some of my x are alive todays because of me.
I thinks thats my meaning but I dont know.

Meaning of life: Get children, friends and so on.
Others things are more "meaning" for you.

Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Clazzy wrote:

In my eyes "normal" is the average of all, or something that happens to a big amount (20-60%?) of something.

It's normal to brush your teeth

A normal human-being is a human being with a quite regular brain, a quite regular EQ and IQ, quite regular built in bones etc. Everything is quite regular.

And
Quote:

Money will unfortunately always be the way.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
In my eyes "normal" is the average of all, or something that happens to a big amount (20-60%?) of something.

How many people is a "normal" amount? What about personality traits? Music taste? How many have a sense of humour compared to people without? Their favourite film/TV program/whatever? It's too difficult to define a normal person because there isn't one.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

There is No such thing as a "Normal" person. Everybody is individual, but we're all equal. It's just ashame that some people just can't see it that way.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

peope are individuals, which means they are all different. Each person is unique (except twins). The things that defines an individua is their mind and perosnality. The "who" that a person is has more to do with the "how" than anything else. (aka, the way a person acts and thinks is who a person is, not where they are from or what they think they are.) Therefore each person is unique on an indivdual level. However, as a species, we can define normalcy in terms or phyical properties. IE a normal human being is 5'9", 150lbs, brown hair etc etc. Thats as far as you can go. Once you reach the mind, the world of tapes and measures ends.

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaFool wrote:
Each person is unique (except twins). The things that defines an individua is their mind and perosnality.

Actually, even identical twins are not exactly alike. I know twins whom you cannot tell apart if they wear the same clothes. They have the same mannerisms and same habits. But as you pointed out, they have individual ways of thinking and choices. so you can still say that they're unique #Tongue

DaFool wrote:
IE a normal human being is 5'9", 150lbs, brown hair etc etc. Thats as far as you can go. Once you reach the mind, the world of tapes and measures ends.

hmm well, in Asia the average height is not 5'9. I think it's 5'6 for males here and 5'2 for females. I'm 5'7 and would be considered short in many other countries but I'm taller than the majority here (although a great deal amount of people are also taller than me). Idea

@ others,

I think in general social definitions 'Normal' depends on what the society's convention is. And because different societies have different perceptions on what 'Normal' is, people just won't be able to agree perfectly on who is normal and who is not.

Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
There is No such thing as a "Normal" person. Everybody is individual, but we're all equal. It's just ashame that some people just can't see it that way

I meant somewhere in the middle of unnormal and normal. Close to normal in most terms make a quite normal human-being IMO. But everyone is individual, that's a good point. But there isn't a real human being that is normal here, I agree on that.

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crashking wrote:

Quote:

I beg to differ: while it's true that people with money often get their way, money is not ALWAYS the way. As an well worn and often cited cliche says: "There are things money can't buy".

Equiredox
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

What makes a great life:

1.) Happiness
2.) Fulfillment

Anyway that is just my opinion.

P.S. I am not a hippy

Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, money is in charge. Bad things are done because it's cheaper.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

Woah! I Only just noticed that line!
Even some people without alot of money can live happy lives. Though, If people are not rich and can't afford even basic things, such as, food, drink etc. But, there is always still a possibility of being happy and living a happy life, even with the shortest ammount of cash.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well like Clazzy said, the media defines what is 'normal', since it's their job to make people want what they have.

But, it's people's choice whether they'll conform to that image

The Team Black Index

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
Quote:

Woah! I Only just noticed that line!
Even some people without alot of money can live happy lives. Though, If people are not rich and can't afford even basic things, such as, food, drink etc. But, there is always still a possibility of being happy and living a happy life, even with the shortest ammount of cash.

Whether you can live a happy life without money wasnt the question though. The question was between money or love being the deciding factor in life. Love will only take you so far, love doesnt get you a house, a car, a job, food, water, power. It does get you a family, friends and responsibility, all of which, it could be argued, can also be gained with money.

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice answer Tratos. But you can be rich but not loved Smile. And then you feel unhappy.

So you really need these 2 for survival.

But money is a bad thing to days to.

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anderwin wrote:
Nice answer Tratos. But you can be rich but not loved Smile. And then you feel unhappy.

But would you? a lot of people say they would but in reality, given untold wealth, im sure those very same people would be more than satisfied with their lives.

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tratos wrote:
[
But would you? a lot of people say they would but in reality, given untold wealth, im sure those very same people would be more than satisfied with their lives.

as strange as it may seem, being very wealthy often causes insecurity. Plus, you'll never know who your real friends are... it's very hard to tell because everyone's just sucking up to you because you're rich.

Moreover, raising kids in a very wealthy state often spoils them... and spoiled kids=difficult kids.

In fact, I really don't get why some people want mansions with more rooms than they need, and more maintenance costs. for me it's just a waste of money.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have a question for a physicist:

Does gravitational pull exhert energy?

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Exert energy? Gravitational pull is potential energy; if there is nothing stopping it's transfer it will be transferred into kinetic energy.

EXAMPLE

Ball on table

O<-------------ball has potential but is stopped from releasing it by the table.
---------------
| ________|

No Table
O<------------------Ball falls because gravitational potential becomes kinetic energy.
|
|
\/________

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [45 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon