Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:52 pm
All times are UTC + 0
GDI Dusk harvester, mark 2
Moderators: Judeau, Mortecha, Rico
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [53 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:26 am    Post subject:  GDI Dusk harvester, mark 2 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

..or as Harv would say, "the voxel has been pimped"

What first started as a scaling down of Dregan's original nod harvester turned into a complete remake, from scratch - our styles clash too much I guess Laughing

pic updated:

This pic is a progression picture, from the start of this voxel till its finish - I like to keep track of the changes that I've made.
The last frame is my harvester next to Dregan's, next to the TS original

gharv evolution.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  123.45 KB
 Viewed:  17538 Time(s)

gharv evolution.PNG

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Last edited by Team Black on Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:17 pm; edited 3 times in total

TX1138
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice Smile

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It looks really, really great!

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bravo! Magnificiente!

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well done, though my personal opinion may be biased i'm still struggling to decide between the 2. Great voxel to say the least Smile .

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dregan's was a bit better.

I must say though, Nod's harvesters are pimping.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice one, mate. Wink

Robopope99
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice job dude

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As I said on MSN, sweet! #Tongue

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It reminds me a bit of a freaky Yuri unit. Why does it have a grinder type mechanism at the front? that doesn't look like it can suck.

Bako'Ikaporamee
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ever seen a wheat harvester? it grinds everything up and sucks it in as it drives over.

Oh, fuggerbuggerrit!

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Personally, i dont like it, its not my type of unit...

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is a difference between harvesting plant matter and crystals, though... Rolling Eyes

Apex
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its a little too black for me. I'd like it in the retro Nod silver.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I wanted to stick true to the original design as much as possible, as I intended it to be just a straight resize..
But as I kept working, I made a few changes here and there.
Blame Dregan for the Lasher-esque grinder on the front #Tongue

Comparison.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  175.67 KB
 Viewed:  17396 Time(s)

Comparison.PNG

The Team Black Index

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the unit, but not the grinding.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Remove that fugly grinder. Embarassed

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I Actualy think the grinder style suits, Nod. I Say, Keep it. Smile

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
I Actualy think the grinder style suits, Nod. I Say, Keep it. Smile

Grinders would be wasteful, it's not like they're trying to harvest compost here.

Robopope99
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the grinder actually doesn't bother me too badly, but it would be nice to see the harv with a conventional device for collecting tiberium.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro, think about military reasons when building units. People don't seem to think about it and usually think fancyness, which is silly. Sure it looks cool, but, is it practical?

A gigantic grinder isn't practical, at all. Can't suck up Tiberium at all, looks like it'll make Tiberi-mush and chew up some soldiers, maybe. Its useless otherwise.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Aro, think about military reasons when building units. People don't seem to think about it and usually think fancyness, which is silly. Sure it looks cool, but, is it practical?

A gigantic grinder isn't practical, at all. Can't suck up Tiberium at all, looks like it'll make Tiberi-mush and chew up some soldiers, maybe. Its useless otherwise.

And what about, 30 Foot Mechs?
I See what you mean though. It Looks cool, though it shouldn't be on a harvester. Rolling Eyes But yeah, Maybe you're right.

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

out of these two

I like the right one better. It looks more nod with it's curves and whatnot.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
Quote:

And what about, 30 Foot Mechs?

Thirty foot mechs are awesome. They make up for their inpracticality in intimidation and epicness.

Well, some do. The original TS ones? Not so much.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

30 Foot mechs I hate even more, Aro. You should know I hate them. Outside of Metal Gears, the only GDI one I like is the Juggernaut.

bonzy_buddy
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think it's cool and the grinder is even cooler. It's not that absurd and it's stylis and that the only thing that really matters.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
30 Foot mechs I hate even more, Aro. You should know I hate them. Outside of Metal Gears, the only GDI one I like is the Juggernaut.

Rolling Eyes I Keep forgetting that you're Carno. Very Happy
Anyway, With the grinder, It could be useful while harvesting Tiberium afterall. Possibly grind the tiberium into smaller pieces, so it's easier to suck into the hopper.
(For the stupid people, a hopper is a large container on a vehicle)

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
Quote:

Rolling Eyes I Keep forgetting that you're Carno. Very Happy
Anyway, With the grinder, It could be useful while harvesting Tiberium afterall. Possibly grind the tiberium into smaller pieces, so it's easier to suck into the hopper.
(For the stupid people, a hopper is a large container on a vehicle)

That'd probably be done inside the harvester, less wasteful to suck in full Tiberium and then grind it where you're sure there'll be no loss. Although, the fact the planet is covered with the stuff could probably invalidate this. #Tongue

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Suiseiseki wrote:
Thirty foot mechs are awesome. They make up for their inpracticality in intimidation and epicness.

Well, some do. The original TS ones? Not so much.

I agree, but you forgot coolness. And about the original TS mechs, just the Titan (though not the ingame sprite).

Anyways, Team Black, I agree with daTSchikinhed, however I think if you could make the front of your harvester look like the front of Dregan's harvester, it would be epic win (in other words the back of your harvester is better Laughing)
Right now, your harvester looks like an old modified truck (something that I would expect from other faction, not from Nod)

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
That'd probably be done inside the harvester, less wasteful to suck in full Tiberium and then grind it where you're sure there'll be no loss. Although, the fact the planet is covered with the stuff could probably invalidate this

Ahh, Good point. I Never thought of that one.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

pic updated. I tried a lot of stuff, this has been a big pain in the rear..

eventually I settled on the hair clipper blade #Tongue

The Team Black Index

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
out of these two

DaTS has a point here. The left one too bulky and...conventional for Nod. Especially in the front.

Bako'Ikaporamee
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah I know there's a difference #Tongue, it was just an example

Oh, fuggerbuggerrit!

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looking much better than the grinder style, Team Black. I Reccomend making the 'Hair clipper thingy' a bit darker, and then it'll be Immense! #Tongue

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yuri o07 wrote:
Quote:
out of these two

DaTS has a point here. The left one too bulky and...conventional for Nod. Especially in the front.

Agree, however, it would kick ass as a soviet miner #Tongue

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

xD. Someone should case mod a hair-clipper into this. Nod's Hair Harvester! #Tongue

(you know for Kane!) :lol

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What hair would be harvested? xD

Quote:
Although, the fact the planet is covered with the stuff could probably invalidate this

Job security: It leaves tiberium so it'll spread again. Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay folks, it's now a GDI harvester.
I'm gonna start a new harv for Nod, that'll be more sleek and stuff

The Team Black Index

Bako'Ikaporamee
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't forget: I need the brotherhood's model to be equip with 3 large cup holders for all that modder dew #Tongue. Otherwise the new one looks not too shabby.

Oh, fuggerbuggerrit!

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well with the next patch under way ( Wink Wink Wink ) I really wanted to give both harvs another go-around.

I kept the hair clippers for the GDI, and gave Nod a fork, new cockpit, and some other randoms

(Dregan's harvs are great, don't get me wrong, but their scale really fits RA2 more than TS..)

The Team Black Index

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like, I like. Though Nod's harvester's front angle could be a bit bigger, to easier scoop the tib.

Also, when do we get Dregan's old Nod harv? #Tongue

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what was wrong with grinders in the first place? Initially the break the crystals into small peices, and then directly under the cockpit thre could have been a vacuum which sucked up thee small, broken free, crystals.

Tartan Bunny
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Man, the harvetser has to be the most overdone voxel in the game. Saying that, it is nice.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That Nod harvester is ridiculously bulky.... blegh. I don't like it at all.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carno likes nothing, except EA and U.S.S.R #Tongue

The Team Black Index

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And Gitler. Don't forget Gitler.

Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, carno doesn't like anything.

The harvesters are great, keep the good work up Cool Really nicely done, dunno what to say, it's all perfect IMO Razz

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have to say that both are improvements to TS standard harvesters, however I agree with carno Nod's harvester looks too bulky. And GDI's harvester looks bad. Maybe looking other designs would be better (Dune harvesters, or TW harvesters).

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've made so many edits to these it's not funny.
As much as I'd like to spend 1000 hours accommodating to everyone's desires, but there's plenty more I need to do for this mod.

If they look bulky, well, they're harvesters, I think they deserve to look a little hardcore..

The Team Black Index

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hm. I see making constructive criticism leads to being personally attacked and being accused of loving lol HITLER indirectly. (Cute typo darling. :3 :3)

Sorry for making any suggestions for the artists, seems like a silly thing to do. Rolling Eyes

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon