Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:54 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Imbalances Thread
Moderators: Judeau, Mortecha, Rico
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Judeau
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject:  Imbalances Thread Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Post any complaints regarding game balance here, explain your opinion with valid argumentation.

Scythe
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

disc throwers range, seriously man i was on level 1 AI and they raped my 50 disciples from a cliff a mile away.

yes, i actually did have 50 disciples

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Obelisk of Harmony and the NOD carryall need to be put back, thats just unfair.... NOD cant get out of an island and build another base on another island without stealing a base facility....

Scythe
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

inzane krazy wrote:
Obelisk of Harmony and the NOD carryall need to be put back, thats just unfair.... NOD cant get out of an island and build another base on another island without stealing a base facility....

QFT, but i didn't like the harmony.

Judeau, the AI is impossible. beating level 1 ai is something to be proud of Confused

they tech up so fast, by the time i had a radar built they had a tech center and base defences everywhere

I even played on levels with easily defendable bases (tiberian garden redux) and i got raped by constant infantry rushes that lay waste to tanks and defences... the obelisk is also useless by the way.

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And something else. The AI is shit on ilands maps. They dont build a naval yard and everything they do is attacking with some planes. You only have to build some of these missle cruisers and the enemy has no chance...
And why the hell you determinated the rules for the obelisk? I mean, set the tech level on -1 and AiBuildThis=no would be enough, wouldn't it? So it would be easy to reactivate - like the Nod Carryall

Think of me as Nordos, 'cause Banshee wouldn't rename me

Judeau
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AI on island maps can't be helped
obelisks are less effective VS infantry, but it can beat 4 titans
make laser turrets for anti-infantry needs, and add some cyborgs and medics for good measure.

And the reason the nod carryall was removed ?
Nod has stealth and sub units, GDI has carryalls
this "balance" works fine on non-island maps, but on island maps GDI has a large advantage, so perhaps a Nod outpost ship could be in order.

Scythe
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ordosherrscher wrote:
And something else. The AI is shit on ilands maps. They dont build a naval yard and everything they do is attacking with some planes. You only have to build some of these missle cruisers and the enemy has no chance...
And why the hell you determinated the rules for the obelisk? I mean, set the tech level on -1 and AiBuildThis=no would be enough, wouldn't it? So it would be easy to reactivate - like the Nod Carryall

yeah island maps are for online mainly
postjump

i would like to know why you took out so many things from previous versions

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ordosherrscher wrote:
And something else. The AI is shit on ilands maps. They dont build a naval yard and everything they do is attacking with some planes.

That can't be helped, as both naval yard tricks rely on making the naval yard and it's ships, belong to a different house than the house that the of player. And the AIs only produce units that belong to their own houses.
In other words, it would be like, if you were GDI, playing against a Nod AI. Have the AI capture one of your unit producing buildings, and then, the AI, starts producing GDI units, something which never happens (AFAIK).

Judeau wrote:
Nod outpost ship could be in order.

Maybe using the amphibious APC logic, right?

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Scythe wrote:
disc throwers range, seriously man i was on level 1 AI and they raped my 50 disciples from a cliff a mile away.

Disciples are cannon fodder for Nod, they're simply fanatics, buy something better with your money as Disciples are used for anti-scout and as meatshields (They're $100, so $100x50= 5000 cr). Don't use them as primary base assaulters.

Back them up with Cyborgs who eat infantry for breakfast or Rocket Inf if you're going against tank armour.
insane krazy wrote:

I think it should be sufficient enough to enable the Fist of Nod to be faster and capable of moving over water. That way you can set up a base and both sides are capable of island war.

Ordosherrscher wrote:

The AI both get crapped if they start on islands. Westwood I'm afraid.

bartpp7
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NOD is too over powered

Judeau
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bartpp7 wrote:
NOD is too over powered

It can't be that hard to say what exactly is.

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bartpp7 wrote:
NOD is too over powered

As a Nod player I disagree.

Instead:

Renegangsta
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what....the hell....is that! Confused no srsly wtf is that from?

Equiredox
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If I had to take a guess, I would say it's from sonic. That fat guy looks like robotnik (Dr. eggman).

And that other guy, beats me who he is, but I suggest he should see a dermatologist asap.

Scythe
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Elerium-155 wrote:
Scythe wrote:

Disciples are cannon fodder for Nod, they're simply fanatics, buy something better with your money as Disciples are used for anti-scout and as meatshields (They're $100, so $100x50= 5000 cr). Don't use them as primary base assaulters.

Back them up with Cyborgs who eat infantry for breakfast or Rocket Inf if you're going against tank armour.
insane krazy wrote:

I think it should be sufficient enough to enable the Fist of Nod to be faster and capable of moving over water. That way you can set up a base and both sides are capable of island war.

Ordosherrscher wrote:

The AI both get crapped if they start on islands. Westwood I'm afraid.

The 50 disciples are a must in early games, the ai rushes you over and over with infantry. And the disc throwers RANGE was the problem.

The fist of nod can't climb cliffs, now can it?

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Renegangsta wrote:
what....the hell....is that! Confused no srsly wtf is that from?

Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, that's Dr Robotnik on the right and Warpnik on the left. Awesome cartoon before the massacre that was new generation Sonic.

Equiredox wrote:
If I had to take a guess, I would say it's from sonic. That fat guy looks like robotnik (Dr. eggman).

And that other guy, beats me who he is, but I suggest he should see a dermatologist asap.

Never Eggman. It's always Dr Robotnik because he's awesome, and Eggman is a bastardized version of Robotnik.

The other guy is Dr Robotnik's cousin Warpnik, who Robotnik says "Your doing it wrong you worthless wimp!" who keeps shooting and missing Sonic and Tails with the warp cannons in the background.

Quote:

The 50 disciples are a must in early games, the ai rushes you over and over with infantry. And the disc throwers RANGE was the problem.

Just rush to Radar don't bother with factories at the moment and make Cyborgs with Disciples along with a few Medics. Pop up one or two Lasers too.

If you want to go the factory route, try getting Mines, Buggies or Howitzers to deal with the infantry.

Eventually you'll get Harpies which will slaughter infantry units. Harpies are no longer like the crappy TS versions anymore.

Quote:

The fist of nod can't climb cliffs, now can it?

Er, the map makers fault. TS was never made for naval warfare but we're trying to implement it somewhat.

Last edited by Elerium-155 on Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:31 pm; edited 3 times in total

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Elerium-155 wrote:
Eventually you'll get Harpies which will slaughter infantry units. Harpies are no longer like the crappy TS versions anymore.

That I saw. It got elite with one shoot! (okay, the reason was something what exploded, I suppose. Dunno what,I think these disc throwers. Why they made so much damage? After the shoot, the WF, the CY an the barrack was fucked!)

I like the iland maps, but I hate the fact, that nod can't get out of his iland. So, something that could go over water and can build a base on another iland. I personally would like the idea of a ship what could deploy to something like a nod water outpost. Same for GDI, naturally. Maybe also more water buildings? Like water mines, water defense,...? That could be interseting, I suppose. Also a kind of water atillery...? Only a idea... It would be a couple of work to do that (water power plant Laughing)

Think of me as Nordos, 'cause Banshee wouldn't rename me

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Island maps cant be helped as the TS ai cant handle such measures. Also condition yourselves to the TSD ai as it is intended to be mightly difficult. The ai like normal human players will give you no quarter.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon