Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:27 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Duke Nukem Forever
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Styledatol
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject:  Duke Nukem Forever
Subject description: Can it be?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was wondering around in GameSpot, and then I encountered this:
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/dukenukemforever/index.html?tag=tabs;summary

Now, we all love Duke Nukem, I remember playing the #D version on my old 366; however, I find it hard to believe that after all those years they are going to release that game.
It has been in development for more time than Starcraft 2.

Anyone truly believes it will EVER be released?

... even if it will, I doubt it'll be the same mindless fun and unnecessary sexual images the original one had.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Would be awesome if they'll finally release it! #Tongue

Also, when the Quake 2 engine was still popular they tried to make Duke Nukem Forever on that engine few years ago (correct me if I'm wrong). Apparently they let this game dying (due some reasons), but like I said, it would awesome if they'll finally release it.

friday-13th
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sucks......
Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
pd
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Never played any Duke Nukem game and I doubt I would... wasn't it an arcade shooter?
Looks like the everyday story of some muscular idiot with a minigun hunting some weird aliens, ie boring.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

pd, you missed history even tough you hit the spot with your sentence.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

:O
Duke Nukem 3D was the awesome-ness!
But, like one of the recent PA comics said, you kinda had to be there when it was popular to enjoy it now, I think.

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Duke 3D stood out from other shooters at the time because the maps were no longer littered with boring hallways and corridors, and it had unprecedented interactivity. You could flip light switches, use toilets, shrink and freeze enemies, the maps were dynamic with walls/floors and such that could be blown up. The game world suddenly felt a lot less static, something Quake could not brag with in spite of its superior graphics engine.

IMO the genre is still struggling with keeping up with what Duke pioneered. Throwing around boxes and ragdoll corpses with simple Havok physics is only fun for so long. The DNF trailer from 2001 still looks more entertaining than most of what we have today, and I have faith in that 3D Realms will create something that's really fun, not to mention tongue-in-cheek. Shooters take themselves way too seriously these days.

I know several people who played Duke Nukem 3D long after its heyday, and they still think it's an incredible game.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

not forgetting the old really sick moments in the game and the crreations, tentacle monsters, the cool sentences of the atomic duke , hail to the king baby, and the girls wich flip off theyr bra's Very Happy
overall it was some really really cool and awesome cheesy interactive b-movie Very Happy

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Duke Nukem 3D was fun, I specially liked those one liners. And as blubb said it was like a really cool and awesome cheesy interactive b-movie. I would like to try that game if it ever goes out #Tongue
Also, somewhat outdated but quite fun

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Will sell firstborn child to play Duke Nukem Forever. DNF is going to be epic considering the amount of work in it, the massive delays, ect. I can't wait to see it on shelves.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I fear it'll be more of a potential failing to meet everyone's standards. Its taken so long, that people expect an almighty game of epic proportions.. which is a lot to live up to, and a lot to fall short of.

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

blubb
General

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

haha, we're talking about the 3d game not about the jumpn' runs, there's also part 1 ;P

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Renegangsta
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

duke nukem sounds like the dude from captain planet

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Duke Nukem is the king.

I'll be getting it, who cares if the graphics might seem dated or whatever so people say, if it's a success, this might resurrect the epic franchise.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Duke3D was always a good game, partly because it took the piss out of FPS games and just injected humour into it. I see it as the gaming world's equivalent of Airplane! or Naked Gun. DNF probably won't be very good but if it at least keeps some of the tongue-in-cheek of the prequel then it'll be worth getting. I might dig out Duke3D again if I can find the disc, I'd rather enjoy another playthrough of it.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
EPIC

QFT!

I've also played almost all the games developed on Duke3D engine, eg. NAM, Redneck Rampage, Shadow Warrior...

blubb
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NAM was bad ass but hard as hell...i loved it

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Bako'Ikaporamee
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GeckoYamori wrote:
I know several people who played Duke Nukem 3D long after its heyday, and they still think it's an incredible game.

Always have a good time playing duke3d on plug 'n play myself Smile

Oh, fuggerbuggerrit!

Equiredox
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

we have been waiting forever for that blondie guy to show up...

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Duke Nuken 3D Was good, but a very unusual game. Confused I Played Duke Nukem I, too... I Never really understood the storyline, to be hones. Non-the-less, It was great. It's ashame I don't own it anymore. Sad

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I loved the 2d version of Duke lol

and in the 3d version... I remember my cousin and I being shocked at the "Shake it Baby" easter egg.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon