Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:08 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Alternate Pitbull
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [36 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject:  Alternate Pitbull
Subject description: Its new... or old?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is a edited model based on the old Pitbull found in the SDK.
Instead of a missile launcher this model features a maschine gun and a driver.

I replaced the crew models, added muzzeflashs and changed some parts to make it work better with the new Pitbull.

Download includes the default model, a simple animation, formation preview model build icon and xml codes.

Imgame Picture 1
Imgame Picture 2

Alternate_Pitbull.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Alternate_Pitbull.zip
 Filesize:  278.51 KB
 Downloaded:  826 Time(s)

Last edited by Stygs on Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:45 pm; edited 3 times in total

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It looks okay, but the turret is too low, and would shoot the head of the driver in specific angle #Tongue

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Took the words from me mouth Laughing

BTW you might want to use [img] tags not [url] tags on your other pics Wink

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Renegangsta
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the tags were working earlier as links

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks good, but as said, raise the turret a bit...

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice Smile

That flag on the back, is that custom?

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The original also has a flag on the back Wink

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh it does? Hmm, ok, cheers.

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The model was made just4fun, I dont plan to change it anytime soon (exept if I ever get the formation preview model to work like I want... ) Wink

@ Yuri 08
Blame EA, they made the gun :>
Seriously, the problem will never appear ingame, as the target would have to be directly in front of the vehicle, which it very unlikely Wink

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Updated download, now includes formation previw model, a rendered build icon, a simple animation & a sample xml file.

Tartan Bunny
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stygs wrote:

Seriously, the problem will never appear ingame, as the target would have to be directly in front of the vehicle, which it very unlikely Wink

Frontal armour is stronger, and thus you should always have you units facing the enemy. Thats a basic C&C3 fact.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just a suggestion, put the old crew models back or give these guys a different skin. Unless you can have their uniforms upgrade when the inf get Composite Armour...

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Replacing the ugly crew was the purpose of the whole model #Tongue

The default TW Pitbull allready ejects some normal GDI soldiers als part of the debris effekt, so it fits in quite good (and you can change the skin when upgraded) Smile

@ Tartan Bunny
Its also a basic fact that units can rotate 360° in less than 1 second if you force fire at the ground, making the directional armor pretty worthless #Tongue

But I actually meant that enemys would never get close enouth to the front to make the gunner "kill" the driver, the angle should allways be big enough to shoot over the head.

Raptor8
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice, but what the heck is that thing on the back, pver his head.

-Wraith88 on EA forums

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's the sensor array. Also, bump :p

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Btw, is anyon interested in a edited predator?
I added the original missile pod and reduced the draw calls a bit.

Rebelmoon
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You should add this Predator as well as the pitbull to your mod Stygs. Maybe make the stock Pitbull an upgrade from the open top version. An upgrade that is for each unit. I noticed you were able to have the rockets disappear after firing...something I never did. Cool. If you don't want to add them to your mod, I'd be interested in the Predator.

Cheers,

Rebelmoon

spy46
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i would sure as hell like to have that pred tank, where can i download it and how would i add it to my game?

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Posted: Tue 18-03-2008
Rolling Eyes
R
e
a
d

t
h
e

p
o
s
t

d
a
t
e

got it?
Kthxbye

spy46
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

do you mean the one with the pred tank image of

Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:14 pm

yeah i saw that, i dont know if he is still here, dont know if you know where i can download it, only been here a few days now.

whats your point?

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so heres the logo from the pitbull.
not 100% the same, but it wouldnt look right.

Pitbull logo.png
 Description:
rawr
 Filesize:  72.01 KB
 Viewed:  27886 Time(s)

Pitbull logo.png

Golan
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You know, that one actually looks quite interesting to me... would you mind it being used elsewhere?

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

spy46 wrote:
whats your point?

His point is that he has no clue what the topic is about and Lt A1br3cht just likes to be unfriendly to other peoples without a reason Rolling Eyes

@ spy46

The Predator Tank was never released as I was using it for TWA. BUt since I am using a different model now, theres a chance it might be released.

However, I will only upload the model an basic codes, it would be up to you to get it working ingame #Tongue

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Golan wrote:
You know, that one actually looks quite interesting to me... would you mind it being used elsewhere?

if youre talking to me... depends where its used.

spy46
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

stygs:

so long as its not some hard core code that i have to do, it should be fine, im not THE best or any thing but i can do basic editing of the XML files .... when i know what im supposed to do Very Happy

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
His point is that he has no clue what the topic is about and Lt A1br3cht just likes to be unfriendly to other peoples without a reason

Bollocks to you, you don't have a clue. Bumping dead or dormant trheads is annoying, especially if its a "Help me pls im new here weres the download?????"
Although i was a bit harsh there I was simply trying to warn him away from the path of being a bloody nuisance.[/pointless mini-essay]

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did you actually read the topic?

I said that I might release the Predator and forgot about the whole thing, and he asked if theres a download for it.
Since theres no download heres, thats a legitimate question. And 3 month ist not really a big bump #Tongue

I hardly think he has done anything wrong...

spy46
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thank you Stygs, and seing as how long ago that last post was, that was WHY i did post the comment.

if the last post was ..... 2006 or 2007 then i would not have .... if i noticed.

besides, life gets in the way of things and people get busy with other and MORE inportaint things.

thats also why my mod has been taking me almost a year to make, i got school/collage, going to have to find a job when im out of school, my girlfriend that im planning to marry, limited money and other little things that actually make up life.

so NEYA #Tongue

so what kind of coding would/should i know for making that pred tank work form what you were going to leave for me to do, just so i know if i need to read up on any thing.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, maybe i was a little harsh, my GF was on holiday and she only got back today, I hadn't seen her for a while and I was getting grumpy #Tongue...
Sorry, I'll check that in future. And Stygs, I REMEMBER this thread being WRITTEN. Stfu about that, I apologised, now its over.

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lt A1br3cht wrote:
Ok, maybe i was a little harsh, my GF was on holiday and she only got back today, I hadn't seen her for a while and I was getting grumpy #Tongue...

I know the feeling lol
mine was here for a week, no parents, now friday she went on holiday with her folks for 2 weeks and i already miss her. my big bed feels empty, and ill have to do with my right hand for now, which gets boring after learning the pleasures of sharing one's bed with a girl. =D

spy46
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

....... didnt need to know that last part

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thats why im telling you.

spy46
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so Stygs, i dont mean to be a pest, but would you be willing to upload the files for that version of the pred tank?

i am working on 2 different missiles for it, one being AA the other ground based and both with a slow reload because of their power.

but if your not wanting to, thats fine, and if that is the case you wouldnt happen to know where i could download one simular to that would you?

Rebelmoon
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, if all you want is the Predator with the missile pod, look 6 topics down in the finished mod section and look at my Predatory mod. The source files are included as a separate download or you can download the mod itself. As far as I know, the only difference between my Predator & Stygs is he's fixed it where the missiles disappear when fired.

spy46
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh sweet, i knew you had one in your mod and the missiles not disapearing, but i didnt know that you had it as a seperage download.

thanks.

CNCfan
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How do you use this model instead of the original one?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [36 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon