Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:30 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Pre-Alpha logo?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:25 am    Post subject:  Pre-Alpha logo? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was playing with XCC Mixer in RA2's mixes when I found this...anyone seen it before?

logo.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  97.06 KB
 Viewed:  3173 Time(s)

logo.png

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've seen this thosands of times... looks like something from pre-EA/foolishness to extreme levels times.

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Every has seen it millions of times. It is literally only you on the planet who hasn't seen this.

(read as: Any RA2 modder probably has explored the mix files enough to have seen this, there's little chance something got past us.)

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've always liked it though; It reminds me of RA1 alot, to be honest.

Bako'Ikaporamee
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That was one of the first things I noticed when I looked through the ra2 mixes when I got my copy. There's some other prebeta menu stuff too like loading screens and other similiar things.

Oh, fuggerbuggerrit!

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks kinda strange though...the MiGs look like the Flankers, but I've got no idea about the tanks.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tanks are either french AMX30s or M60/48 modifications and the MiGs arent necasarilly MiGs they could be allied (a kinda F15 like thing)

VK
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This logo used in first Red Alert 2 version, which look more like Tiberian Sun than current Red Alert 2 version.

Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nope, those are Su-30's and the tank resembles the M60 Patton.

Anyway it looks like the soviets had an airforce but too bad they had to be replaced by those gay blimps called Kirov, Makes me sick to see that they had to replace them with ugly WWI tech blimps. Confused

Quote:
Everybody knows a mod that doesn't update every ten seconds is dead.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And to think Kirovs are BATTLE LAB tech units...is that crazy or what? Their skins would be easily torn by a single bullet shot from a civvie's pistol. Who would even put armor on a blimp?

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please, stop bashing Kirovs, they own your base like nothing else #Tongue

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The idea of i the kirov it it would NOT smash into the ground when you frier bullets at it, it can withstadn thousand of bulletholes and not take demage, that's a fact! And it would most likely use helium insted of hydrogen, so it isn't flamable either #Tongue

Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just hate how the soviets look in RA2 compared to RA1. Not to mention the Soviet architecture, the developers make them look like they just got into the industrial age(compared to RA1). And about the Kirov, I was just upset that the soviet airforce appeared butchered down when RA2 was released.

Quote:
Everybody knows a mod that doesn't update every ten seconds is dead.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the tanks in the pic looks like the unused Light Tank voxel in RA2...lol.

Dutch, a single Aegis of mine took down 3 Kirovs #Tongue

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But what if you have a map that doesn't have (enough) water on it? Anyway, my "kirovs ownz everything" thingy was just for fun, not to bash anyone #Tongue

Siberian GRemlin
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

VK wrote:
This logo used in first Red Alert 2 version, which look more like Tiberian Sun than current Red Alert 2 version.

Correctly! It's logo from beta-version of RA2, witch has been stolen and released many years ago, but I stil can't find it. On this photo you can see this beta-version with TS styled menu.

Westwood Studios forever!

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow...

So there is a RA2 Beta floating around and it has a TS Menu #Tongue

TX1138
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Really? Confused Do we have any proof the back up this amazing possibility?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon