Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:19 am
All times are UTC + 0
BattleCast Primetime Episode 5!
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [31 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:39 am    Post subject:  BattleCast Primetime Episode 5!
Subject description: Featuring a Kane's Wrath match, not played by pro-gamers.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The newest episode of BattleCast Primetime is now available at CommandAndConquer.com. Here's a short:

Quote:
A brand new 45 minute BattleCast Primetime Episode 5 is finally here to kick off 2008! In this epic episode you'll witness the first ever multiplayer match for our upcoming expansion pack, Kane's Wrath. The new GDI sub-factions Zocom and the Steal Talons are also blown open with new gameplay footage of all their units, including the Mammoth Tank "Marv" epic unit! We've also got another explosive BattleCast Primetime feature match, all your favorite C&C 3 moments on "The Five", more community entertainment from APOC's corner, Dave and Raj, and tons more! Command & Conquer fans, ring in 2008 with this brand new episode of BattleCast Primetime.

It's quite interesting for those who are interested on KW. I would have learned a lot about the game if I didn't have read JohnWE's report, but it is still nice to see things in action. I still couldn't understand the names of the 4 players in the final match, although the third one (who played Mark of Kane) is W3bbo (Ghorkov), from Planet CnC. I don't know any of the german guys.

Anyway, check it out at CommandAndConquer.com. Almost 45 minutes of pure Kane's Wrath and no content about Tiberium.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MARV=Epic. Now show the Hivemind's epic.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mammoth "Tank" MARV....

it seem like i'll meet Imperium Guard BanBlade in this Expasion...

TX1138
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It even has it's own war factory! Confused EA must be running low on ideas (again)

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe a pic of that Mammoth Tank for those who can't see the Battlecast #Tongue

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TX1138 wrote:
It even has it's own war factory! Confused EA must be running low on ideas (again)

Well gee, no shit, you think the normal war factory can shit something that big out? People these days, Common sense plzthx.

Otherwise, I friggen love that MARV...just gotta see the rest for epic win.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it'll better if they make it like Scrin Mother Ship,wehn people call it it'll get drop by Huge Dropship to middle of Battle Field.that very make epic feel. Wink

zed

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here it is:

It has a sonic beam weapon, 4 "hardpoints" of which weapons are customized by the garrisoned infantry, and it sucks up Tiberium crystals simply by running over it. Also, it is able to jump on light vehicles to crush them.
Not meant for unit destruction, however.

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey guys! They answered my question on Cabal! (I'm CommandoElerium on EA forums)

He's coming back for Kane's Wrath with the cyborgs!

And yay I got into Battlecast #Tongue

Renegangsta
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

its fecking blurry and its not even a jpeg! wow png failed

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blame EA's flash player thingy/battlecast reso.

Either way for those that want to know I ask:

Did the Core Defender influence your design for the Nod Epic unit, and will CABAL return?

They chose the second question to answer, which obviously I'm grateful for.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My God. If CABAL returns...no matter how wicked his units will be...I'll 100% surely buy this!

Oh and the MARV is just huge and beautiful. Big Bertha Mark 2 #Tongue?

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, it would be nice if CABAL returns, however, does he return for after TW, or before TW?; that would be an interesting question, IMO.
BTW is the MARV a huge disruptor/battle fortress/harvester hybrid? (haven't seen the video yet, since it's loading)

Holy_Master wrote:
it seem like i'll meet Imperium Guard BanBlade in this Expasion...

TX1138 wrote:

Also, I think that they're referring to the Imperial Guard Baneblade, which in DOW is built in a special warfactory.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CABAL appears before TW. On TW Intel thing, CABAL was already destroyed.

Renegangsta
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

but you never know, he could come back or be hiding readying an army or takeover, maybe one of the cores has been/is active

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

btw, anyone seen this picture during the video? Its a desktop wallpaper on of the the PCs.... CABAL anyone?

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah I thought so too.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CABAL, if that is indeed him, is ztyping creepy.

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MARV concept art, for those that haven't seen BC5 it's basically a big bertha tank for GDI which can load up infantry who fire out of gunports as well as crushing tanks and acting as mobile income by using its vacuum at the bottom.

Wess
TS Mapping GOD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thats one ugly epic unit for GDI. looks like a tractor to me, plus how it drives over other units... it still needs work i gues (i hope).
love its firepower tho.
an other thing i think that building schould be left out, it duse not look creative to me, an airdrop would be more appropriate.

i hope the other factions have more luck.

for Nod it would be cool if they had this vault like factory, that rises the epic unit from under the ground when done, not like the current Nod factory where a little garage pops up and the unit comes driving out. for that they do need a new building tho...
but it would look alot better then dropping it from the air Laughing

one of the reasons why i dont play the Scrin that often is because of there butt ugly buildings, i like the portal idea but its being used in a totally wrong way (not including there airbase). anyway Scrin's epic unit schould just be transported to the battlefield by an temp portal. wonder what it will be the mothership +2 Razz

my 2 cents

TX1138
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Von Kriplespac wrote:
TX1138 wrote:

Well gee, no shit, you think the normal war factory can shit something that big out? People these days, Common sense plzthx.

Thank you for your charming (if ignorant) response, but if you had actually bothered to think about my post, you would have realised that I was referring to the fact that EA had borrowed the idea of uber tank of doom with it's own factory from Dawn of War: Winter Assault.

The Imperial Guard had a giant tank, which also needed it's own war factory to be built. I would have hoped that EA could have come up with a more creative way to deploy the tank onto the battlefield. But I guess I over estimated them.

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If it's not broke, why fix it? I don't see how it's any different from constructing a superweapon structure. If you suddenly have a chance to construct a omgwtf unit, your opponent should have a decent chance of depriving you of that ability.

Originality just for the sake of it is almost never a good thing.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That GDI epic unit is really worth the name "Mammoth"...
And if CABAL returned, I hope he may have some cool cybernetic units too (maybe Reaper MK II #Tongue)...

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If it was smaller and without GDI logo on it, I should think it was made by
GLA. "Chemical behemoth of death" #All_Coholic
EDIT: I hope some Generals modders saw this.

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm a Generals modder (or atleast, I was...), and I say it doesn't look like any GLA unit. It's much too high-tech Wink
And am I the only one to notice that all KW epic units have so called 'hard points'? Ain't that idea stolen from the walkers from UaW?

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EA from what I know steals ideas so that they can say "look at us, we have all kinds of gameplay used by these other games in ours".

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If people weren't allowed to "steal" ideas from eachother we wouldn't have much of a game industry today, much less entertainment in general.

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah but a little ironic about using an idea from another game after it announces it's using hardpoints wouldn't you agree?

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm half surprised they havent implemented strategic zoom ;P

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"Hardpoints" is only a word. The Marv works like an IFV from RA2.

TX1138: Balancing reasons, that simple. If i remeber correctly, Nods will be a pyramid. The advanced wf, i mean.

That is Cabal btw, yes. Ajer said the cyborgs of the MoK are his. Dont think hell have his own faction.

Oh, and Scrins epic will be the hexapede, a spider with plasma disk launchers and the ability to extract defeated vehicles for credits.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

about the strategic zoom, can't you implement that in the map maker?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [31 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!