Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:22 pm
All times are UTC + 0
New FinalSun Tips
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject:  New FinalSun Tips Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Over the months, I've had a lot of new mappers adding me on MSN and even Myspace asking me for help and tips on some of the simplest things ever. Because a lot of the things can be fixed and done really easily and I'm tired of having to repeat myself over and over again, I've put together this new Tips index, which contains a lot more useful tips and help. I guarantee that most of the mappers on here already know everything that I've added to the Tips index, because they are simple things, as stated above. These new tips are mainly for the newer mappers, and now, whenever I get the pesky little kid who adds me on Myspace or MSN asking me about mapping, I'll just direct them to this topic. If you feel there are some tips that'd be good to add, do let me know and I'll put them in. To get these working in FinalSun, just drag and drop the file into your FinalSun folder.

~Aro

Edit: 22 May 2008: Added some more tips.

New tips.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  New tips.rar
 Filesize:  3.68 KB
 Downloaded:  1775 Time(s)

Key Words: #Tutorials #Mapping #TiberianSun #Firestorm #FinalSun 

Last edited by Aro on Thu May 22, 2008 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is more like a tutorial resource than a finished map, Aro.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FinalSun tips box is stupid, no one really ever reads them, and its not hard to work out the basics for FinalSun.

What FinalSun needs is a proper beginners mode, like if you hover over a tool or whatever, a popup comes up and explains what it does.

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cool more tips for final sun Smile

i will have a look tomorro. Very Happy
one question is there any basic trigger tips?.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
This is more like a tutorial resource than a finished map, Aro.

...Ok then.

Quote:
FinalSun tips box is stupid, no one really ever reads them, and its not hard to work out the basics for FinalSun.

I Agree, but this will stop all these little people from asking me all the basics over some kind of chat client.

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No it won't. It's good, but it won't.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
whenever I get the pesky little kid who adds me on Myspace or MSN asking me about mapping, I'll just direct them to this topic

too true lol

"New contact: uberbombza@hotmail.com has added you"

Uberbombz says:
ummm hi, howz do yuo mapza?

Team Black says:
ohnos not anotha one!

*Team Black appears to be offline*

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Perhaps it would be useful to add the information to ModEnc?

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol I hate the tips box...it only delays me from getting to mapping. But...I'm curious on what kind of tips you have added...so I shall take a look. #Tongue

And ya know...I really haven't been bothered by too many little new mapper people on MSN or AIM (provided I'm really on AIM anymore). I wonder why I haven't gotten the same problem you are with tons of people asking me for help...am I really that scary to look at and talk to?

and yea...I agree with Dcoder...this won't stop anything. XD
BTW....didn't TitanMarkII or somebody else make a small extended tips thing before? I know I had one from Tumsun awhile back.

hogo98
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro you wimp :p I always have people asking me about maps I have for the past like 2 Years but I dont complain.
Well Nice tips I Guess I can tolerate more than you but meh. Wink Keep them coming more tips the better Wink

Thanks for the banners GM

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seriously, I wasn't joking. I know it wont stop them in general, but everytime I get an annoying question thats really simple, I'll just direct them to this topic.

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ya, I made tips before, the funny thing with FS is that most of the formats are just renamed text files >_<

But I didn't really finish my update, I realized FS is just too buggy and not worth the time, I'm planning something else right now, nothing too interesting, though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon