Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:52 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Un-authorized linking to TS Retro, what should i do ?
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 12:53 am    Post subject:  Un-authorized linking to TS Retro, what should i do ? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok ive just found this site "Imperium Westwood" and its got TS Retro 1.0 in the downloads section

Well other than the fact that it is 1.0 (very outdated) and it links to my old old site that no longer exsists

what is pissing me off is i had no idea it was here I gav no one at the site permission to host it there at all

If one of them would have so much as asked i would have surely said yes but the fact they didnt is annoying. I didnt want to branch out (in the sense of having many sites linking to TS Retro) until at least 1.2 was out (which I consider more of a finished product, yet still FAR from complete)
If they would have just asked i would have been fine about it

Anyway, what do u think i should do (its a Polish site) should i tell them to remove it, join there forum or email them with updated TSR site and download, should i have ago at them and give them new updated details

im not really what to do about it, but it seems a quite popular site I suppose as Retro has had 119 raz (razy im assuming is downloads in english) and the link they have has been broken for months

Anyway heres the link to where my mod is
http://www.imperium-ww.pl/downloads.php?dcat_id=23

and main page of the site
http://www.imperium-ww.pl/index.php

Another thing that pissed me off is that it didnt have the Author of TS Retro anywhere

Anyway some feedback from anyone would be appreciated
thanks Smile

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I suggest you to email them politely explaining the situation and asking them to remove the file, because it's old and not as polished as the one which will be released later, the 1.2.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

done Wink

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, or say him to put a link to your download section, add your name as the main author of the mod

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm well i sent the message out to 4 of the webmaster guys of the place with no reply

but i think ill just let the matter slip, dont think its that much of an issue really

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Delete this post  Mark this post and the followings unread

do what you want, you are the only one who decide Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!