Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:55 am
All times are UTC + 0
Tiberian Odyssey - Your Input.
Moderators: Tiberian Odyssey Active Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 4 of 8 [376 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds good to me.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Same, one big TO release... Heck, I'll get my TS working again...

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Odyssey wont need TS #Tongue

Its stand alone.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, it needs TS with legal serial to work on XWIS, but Hamachi takes the win. #Tongue

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We're hoping to use Tore's AWOS server in place of XWIS. I'm waiting on him to tell me when it's up & running.

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Odyssey wont need TS

Its stand alone

Seroiusly? Sweeeet...

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Code:
We're hoping to use Tore's AWOS server in place of XWIS. I'm waiting on him to tell me when it's up & running.

Uhmmm

Fixed

Quote:
We're hoping to use SyS's AWOS server in place of XWIS. I'm waiting on him to tell me when it's up & running.

Thank you.

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Huge Edit: Food for thought.

These are concepts for the Scrin and then theres something else used for paralells.

This concept was made for WW's unfinished C&C3: http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s19/Nubilus1987/alien.jpg

It inspired the creation of this following unit that was for an entirely different game, and it was the Novus Blade Trooper(the name 'Blade Trooper' could likely have been taken from the very unit it was based on):
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s19/Nubilus1987/concept65.jpg

Then we have an alien city: http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s19/Nubilus1987/gallery_1605_199_29112.jpg
Westwood loved it so much that they asked the artist to create something similar for the Scrin in C&C3.

If you look to the far left of this screenshot you will see a very small part of a Scrin building that is very much alike the one in the previous picture:
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s19/Nubilus1987/gallery_3_51_115968.jpg

And finally, the Scrin Mobile Builder, the "MCV" of the Scrin if you will:
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s19/Nubilus1987/gallery_3_51_48555.jpg

Last edited by Pepzi on Wed May 21, 2008 8:50 pm; edited 2 times in total

Audiopulse
Railgun Soldier

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well, nice food - but what exactly do I see here? Reminds me of Crysis...

yup, neptune size!

Street Matthews
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi guys...
I'm new here.
I love the whole thing.
Odyssey is my mecca of modding.
I have been modding Tiberian Sun since it first came out. (On and off, since I was like, wow, twelve.)
I'm twenty one now...gulp.

I'm going to be rude and suggest things without researching your mod fully. I'm sorry but I don't have the time at the moment.

Here goes:
I have always thought that the Construction Yard was destroyed way too easily, it's like your fort, right?
Your castle.
I thought that it should have a huge Health bar but repairs really slowly or something.
It should be hard as hell to destroy unless someone seriously wants you crippled and even more so should be the last building destroyed in the base...
It's just an idea I always thought should have been taken into account.
(With things like other Factories coming in a distant second...so you can hold on for those last few moments at the end of a battle rather than watching your precious base get slowly depleted of power plants, of which you've always needed too many, whilst you can't do a damn thing; plus they cramp the base's style and that has always bugged me about C&C.)

I also think about making it so that you chose one upgrade for your Construction Yard (of, say, 3) right at the start and that channels your progress.
I'll explain:

If you choose upgrade 1, all of the available units and structures after that change.
But different to upgrade 2 and 3.

To simplify.
Upgrade 1 - Warmongering tower (Whatever).
(All units would be slower, bulkier but have more hit points, then have a unique super tank that takes advantage of the mobile emp charge logic - this, I've always felt, is a must for the end of the line best tank in the game thing; I'm sure you understand me.)
Upgrade 2 - Quicker (All units totally different to the ones available in the first upgrade, smaller, faster, sleeker but probably weaker.)
Upgrade 3 - Fear... (All units look scarier and are more powerful, maybe even slightly mech based for Nod, like the Core Defender meets Transformer's Scorpion thing in the desert of the newish movie - no I don't want a premium package! Could even mech the infantry up with that whole Matrix Revolutions/Alien mech thing)
(Maybe even have it so that each one would highlight your favoured form of attack and expand upon it, naval, infantry, ground, air, whatever.)

I just thought that next to the awesome graphical changes here that idea would really make this mod stand out.
(Admittedly I haven't researched the inner workings of your mod, so forgive me if all this has been suggested and subsequently dismissed.)

All I'm sayng is; Imagine the inner politics of an online multiplayer match...this idea would basically make each team three teams in one, avoiding duplicity...wich gives your work all the more playability and longevity.
Which is something that even WW didn't achieve.
Already you are miles above many if not every mod I've encountered...

By the way, I've already tried to do most of this, but I couldn't get the AI to choose the upgrades randomly and my graphics were, to say the least, unfavourable.
Nothing ever went public....so I give the basis of my mod to you.
It was mostly me just messing around and I don't have any files to share with you for examples, but I'll gladly explain further if it takes anyone's fancy...
I'm great for idea's...lacking on implementational skills.
(I'm a musician and novelist so I don't get much else done...unfortunately.)

Admittedly I'm a n00b in all matters beyond hypothesis with game modding.
But I truly am a Think Tank.

So what do you think?
Any replies, or even, welcome Street, would be appreciated...

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome to Project Perfect Mod forums, Street.

I am afraid much of your ideas are practically un-implementable.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

these are good ideas and i tried long ago to make upgrades on my conyard the prerequisite for a special side too (Nod conyard with Nod upgrade or Cabal upgrade; GDI conyard with GDI upgrade or forgotten upgrade). But the problem was/is that upgrades are very limited in their possibilities and you can't use them as prerequisites for other things.

\EDIT
i had to test this again, and you won't believe it. It works now! Surprised
I used GAPOWRUP as Prerequisite for a building and it was buildable as soon as i placed down the upgrade.
Ok i think we have to implement some of these ideas.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

See, its hard to code upgrades as they are places as animations, not BuildingTypes, i dunno how to recode that eather...

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Soo...

Where are the updates? The last update was eons agon. Are you going to close shell again? Rolling Eyes

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wait... so it possible to use upgrades as prerequesites, by using its name from animation list?

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Didnt TB post a update not long ago?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gufu wrote:
Wait... so it possible to use upgrades as prerequesites, by using its name from animation list?

not from animation list. Just the internal building name e.g. GAPOWRUP
you can also take a look here where more research has been done.

Public SHPs

Tools

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Clarkson wrote:
Soo...

Where are the updates? The last update was eons agon. Are you going to close shell again? Rolling Eyes

Your supposed to make input in this thread!

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, what can we make input on? There isn't much output to give opinions on anything. Hence output-->input.

Like, a gameplay trailer...?

Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Well, what can we make input on? There isn't much output to give opinions on anything. Hence output-->input.

Like, a gameplay trailer...?

You know, there might be one in not too long... Wink

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll believe it when I see it. Neutral

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My input is that Carnotaurus (you are and you always will be) should be made a phenomenon in the mod as a kind of easteregg. A name tag, building, unit, picture board or make an actual carnotaurus dinosaur to spoof him.

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pepzi wrote:
My input is that Carnotaurus (you are and you always will be) should be made a phenomenon in the mod as a kind of easteregg. A name tag, building, unit, picture board or make an actual carnotaurus dinosaur to spoof him.

Mutated Carnotaurus.

Stats:
stealth
no ranged attack, just a major bite attack. :3

"Banned" RP here

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no.

The Team Black Index

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SenseofHumor=no?, Team Black?

Crash: I think you're correct Laughing
Orac: Seems like it, doesn't it? Laughing

"Banned" RP here

Audiopulse
Railgun Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hyper, is there any chance to hack that tag in?^^

Edit: I remember Headbustingburgerswithteslacoilshiddeninside - mmmmh, tasty...

yup, neptune size!

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What are your plans for the Super cities? Their purpose was to be population centers where people were protected from the tiberian environment hazards. Do you guys intend to surround these cities by an enforced biosphere, like a strong glass wall that keeps the interior clean from tiberian infection and creature attacks?

Edit: Hmm, quite a stupid situation when aircraft ignores the supposedly enormous glass dome.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mmm....arcologies...

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pepzi wrote:
Edit: Hmm, quite a stupid situation when aircraft ignores the supposedly enormous glass dome.

a phase modulated firestorm defense could solve the problem, which blocks everything that has a tiberium signature.

Public SHPs

Tools

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
a phase modulated firestorm defense could solve the problem, which blocks everything that has a tiberium signature.

But Nod aircraft are not tiberium obviously. Confused

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just a random thought: expand the mutated cliffs so we have a complete tileset instead of 4 cliffs Wink

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, now that I got the video up. I was thinking for TO's cutscenes to look something along the lines of:

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very weird but cool style, lets see what other people say first. I have to say it's not a very CnC style theme, it could work for a fictional TO story perhaps?

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it could work. Ace Combat 4 used this style as well, I remember

The Team Black Index

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's like original war Smile

Audiopulse
Railgun Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Id prefer a Homeworld2-style. Quite similar and like a photo-slideshow, but yet some of the details in the pictures are moving, blinking or working in some way - mostly distant or slow moving objects. Adding background-noise makes the impression perfect...

yup, neptune size!

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I see it before my eyes... never saw that in a game I played. Sounds good Wink

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Firestorm, in essence, used that for the cut-scenes. TS had fights and explosions. Firestorm, imo, only really had briefings with Cortez or Slavic. I found it kind of disappointing.
Would TS styled cutscenes with orcas and apcs be that hard? - I don't know, I've never tried something on this scale before.
Whatever you choose, I'm sure you'll do it well. I have no reason to doubt that.

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was thinking of something that follows the TS UI like in this cutscene:

Perhaps less intensive because it's alot of work. If you've seen the Universe at War loading Screen then you realise that's a bit easier to do. I can't post it because there is no video uploaded about it.

Audiopulse
Railgun Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, but infact, id say first things first. The factions buildings need to be finished - after those the units should be finalised and AFTER that the civilian faction & Map-stuff should be done.

...and if then should be enough activity and time - cutscenes may be made Wink

yup, neptune size!

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's the OW intro, it's polish, since I have problems extracting it I needid to post smth that was already on youtube.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kSSdJOMVRY&feature=related[/youtube]

blubb
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cutscenes and stuff could be made like the "i am legend" extra shorts, i myself working on a music video currently using this style with after effects and photoshop, i already made a trailer, anyhoqw that trailer was my vcery first experience in "video" stuff, the animations are rare....tough i was pretty happy with the result, the current video i'm working on will have a higher standart - i'll post links.

Here is what i believe could be the best way to set cutscenes into the game.
One of the I am legend shorts.

and my trailer, orientating on the same style, however as i said , the music video will have a higher standart.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ah. got around to using aftereffects. Wink

ya. these are amazing. I consider them very inspirational pieces.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah very inspirational, i really do love them, and hum, soon or later i just needet to work with after effects...so i may split up work and have a little delay on musics.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Or Fallout Tactics.. very well done I think. A calm storytelling portrayed by really nice artwork of what happens after your karma choices. There's also a "good" one but you can easily find that on Youtube (don't want to flood too many videos). Basically your character is given a choice to merge with a piece of old technology that can unite your part of the wasteland, a sort of living computer called the "Calculator", and your karma influences the computer (and the future). You can get another guy called General Barnaky to take the choice, or you can blow up the Calculator (another you can find on Youtube). Just as examples below:

(Letting General Barnaky take the choice)

(Evil ending)

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interesting, I like the ideas.

Will TO have it's own videos for, say, the campaign?

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There are... rumours Wink
Go to YouTube. Search for Mammoth Area52.

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Impressive, but the screen shakes far too much.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just a demo of the physical possibility.

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Then I hope they do it since it has a great outcome.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 4 of 8 [376 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon