Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:16 am
All times are UTC + 0
Enabling the 4th Tiberium
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [48 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject:  Enabling the 4th Tiberium Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This tutorial will show you how to reactivate the 4th tiberium so that it works properly. Before starting you must have a Hex Editor, one can be found here

Once installed open up Game.exe, make sure you are not opening Sun.exe

Once opened search for this 00244DF9. Once there you will see this.

See the 01? Change that 01 to 12. That way the game reads 12 frames like normal tiberium, instead of 1. It should look like this now.

That is now fixed, you can copy game.exe and do this and rename it so that you have a custom game.exe for your mod. Btw the game will still look for the BTIB code, so it if you want to change the image change BTIB01-12.

That's it. Smile

Key Words: #Tutorials #Modding #TiberianSun #Firestorm #ExeHack #HexEdit 

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Idiotic quiestion... what does that do exactly? 12 frames for what?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

each tiberium plant has 12 growth stages implemented in 12 frames in the shp. Now the game can use all 12 frames, thus make the tiberium grow and (hopefully) full harvestable.

Last edited by Lin Kuei Ominae on Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Works completely, me and TSHyper have tested this. Wink

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

is this for game.exe version 2.03 only?
i found this specific location at hexadress 00244cbf and use v2.02.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm pretty sure it's for all versions, I'm not positive though.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, they will not be the same addresses for each version, and why do you use 2.02 LKO?

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmmm... yes why are you using 2.02?

Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:15 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah...this screenie brings back the old memories of ROM Hacking...Makes me wanna work on my own patch. Very Happy

Quote:
Everybody knows a mod that doesn't update every ten seconds is dead.

Robopope99
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks for this, I find this tutorial very useful. nice work Very Happy

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
thanks for this, I find this tutorial very useful. nice work

Very Happy Your welcome

However in HyperPatch TSHyper will allow many types of tib. Smile

pd
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Depending on what 2.03 does to 2.02, it might be possible this hexy works for both.
Since it's apparently been tested for 2.03, use in other executables is not recommended.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TSHyper wrote:
...why do you use 2.02 LKO?

because the patch wants registry entries and i haven't "installed" my TS. I just have the files on my hdd and play it this way.
So i never thought it would be necessary to install TS again just for this patch, since all the fixes are for multiplayer only while i was never playing online.

Public SHPs

Tools

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so its possible to add in more "growth" frames?

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

_

Last edited by CCHyper on Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total

djohe
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice tutorial joshy for enabling Cruentus, now I just need to make it harvestable too Laughing

I hex edited ETS v3.40 r0019 based on TS2.03 and it was located at the exact same place as in your screenshot of your hex editor.

I cant provide a screenshot at the moment but I can confirm that this tutorial works (I used frhed v1.0.56 for hex editing the ETS version of Game.exe with no trouble at all)

I changed what tiberium type the blue tiberium tree/bush spawns in firestrm.ini by changing TiberiumToSpawn= to 1 on [BIGBLUE3]

0=Riparius ;Green Tiberium
1=Cruentus ;the fourth type, the one we enable in this tutorial
2=Vinifera ;Blue Tiberium
3=Aboreus ;Third type, default is blue color and is mixed with vinifera on several official maps

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TSHyper wrote:
LKO, well, if you ever need the 2.03 files on there own, then goto http://www.ts-recoil.ppmsite.com/ts_patch/

damn, i totally forgot that i already have them. You posted them on tibweb a quite long time ago.

Anyway thanks for the link. I'm installing the patch right now.

Public SHPs

Tools

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
so its possible to add in more "growth" frames?

Probably, give it a try Wink

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also, have to add credit to the pd-mister, he was the one who found it after i bugged him #Tongue

Renegangsta
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so how the hell do you use the fourth tiberium? will it show up in FinalSun's tib list?
and "The 4th Tiberium" sounds like a band.

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Also, have to add credit to the pd-mister, he was the one who found it after i bugged him

I have to give you and pd credit for getting me into assembly. Thank you. Also for showing me this too. Thank you again. Very Happy

Quote:
so how the hell do you use the fourth tiberium? will it show up in FinalSun's tib list?
and "The 4th Tiberium" sounds like a band.

In finalsun I think it is under all overlay. It will be labeled BTIB01-12 you can just select that a put it there. Also you can give tiberium tree TiberiumToSpawn=1 so that it spawns the 4th tiberium.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol, how the hell did you know which one was the right one when all it looks like is numbers?

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Magic...... Rolling Eyes

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DF, by disassembling the games executables...

Tiberian Enigma
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

>>Btw the game will still look for the BTIB code, so it if you want to change the image change BTIB01-12.

this, what exactly does this statement mean?
and another question, is this 4th tiberium the elusive red tiberium that ive heard about but never actually seen?

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey. Smile

Well, what I meant was, the game still searches for BTIB when looking for the tiberian images (Those tiberium shps) so if you want custom images for the 4th tiberium you must name the image name accordingly

As for the 2nd question.. I guess. #Tongue

Tiberian Enigma
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ah, well then i guess if the default is red then i will leave it red. it makes sense to have all forms of tiberium playable since they mention it numerous times in the game, yet there is almost none to be found

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, in the game there are 2 blue tiberiums, but you can't really tell the difference. The lighter one is worth more I think. I think that's how it was, I may be wrong.

Revolutionary
Commander

Location: Scotland, starting a Revolution Cameo: metricon. Posts:???

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you can only tell the differance playing the game
the 2nd blue tib appears as red on some ww maps in the map editor and in game it is blue but shown as green in the mini map

Tiberian Enigma
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, but i think theres an actual red type of tiberium that is mentioned, but not activated ingame. ive seen pics of it on maps, so this might be it, i think its called cruentus.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In the Rules its commented as Cruentus, but its colour is set to NeonBlue, people mod the maps to enable it again with a Burgundy colour.

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah yeah, that's right.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hyper wrote:
DF, by disassembling the games executables...

Is there a newbie tutorial out there?

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Duh, someone pass me the 2.03 exe...I hate having the TFD one -________-

Tiberian Enigma
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ugh, it sucks that westwood left so much stuff out of the final game, but good that they left the code so we can unlock the mystery!!!!!!!!?!?! if only there wasnt so much confusing stuff tho!

Revolutionary
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Tiberian Enigma

ah but the 4th tiberian is on some maps as a funny coloured big blue

Code:
; This is the big tiberium crystal.  It does not grow or spread, is impassable and is explosive
; Not currently in use in TS (AI)
[Cruentus]

we are just abusing left out code to creat something more usefull (who needs the big blue thing when it causes lan errors (aparently) and firestorm adds it as a special tib tree

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
ah but the 4th tiberian is on some maps as a funny coloured big blue

I think it was some single player maps? I don't recall.

Quote:
we are just abusing left out code to creat something more usefull

Abusing code? It just changes the frames from 1 to 12.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually, its not abusing code, WW changed/hardcoded the frame count to 1 becuase it was not ment to have a visual growth becuase it was a solid rock substance.

WW hardcoded a lot of things becuase the coders always used to change settings and would conflict with each other, so some things are hardcoded, aswell as in the later patches it was easy for them to just write a a few extra lines of code in the source than edit the rules.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sorry for the bump

Are you sure you have to use a "12"? The number is afaik in hexadecimal and 12 in hex is 18 in dec.
So shouldn't it be 0C instead?

I've tried 12, 24, 0C and 06. For 12, 24 and 0C i haven't noticed any difference. Though 12 and 24 could have forced the game to try using 18 and 36 frames, which don't exist and might cause an IE in rare cases.

Public SHPs

Tools

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
0C

Correct, I was thinking in decimal, not hex for when I posted this. I don't even remember if it works. Confused

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sorry for the bump, but does anyone know the hex offsets for the other tiberium types?

I somehow have the impression, that WW gave them a wrong frame number too.
If you look at the screenshot in the first post, you can see at offset 244dd0 (first value 2 lines above the red marked) that there is a 11.

While tiberiumpatches do have 11 frames (when count from 0), this should still be a 0B, as 11 in hex is 17 in dec.
Maybe this also explains why new spawned tiberiumpatches (e.g. next to tibtrees) always appear as stage 6 tibpatches instead of the first/smallest patch.

Public SHPs

Tools

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could this also have something to do with the Tiberium shadows? The shadows are displayed incorrectly, so they appear a few pixels right of the overlay. It could, however, be that the shadow frames are displayed in an incorrect order, and therefore a small Tiberium overlay has the shadow of a near-full grown Tiberium patch.

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What exactly is the 4th tiberium? Can it be harvested and does it have any special properties like blue tiberium has (explosive, gives more money)? Also does it look different than normal tiberium or is it just normal tib colored red?

Revolutionary
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The 4th tiberium with out this edit is the beta version bigblue tib tree in firestorm. It is basicaly the Bigblue crystal from FS but i supose to explode if shot at and isnt harvestable as well as spawn tiberium (i say beta as it is not properly used but does appear on some maps, irronicaly on several FS map which should use the new version)

The 4th Tiberium after this edit is basicaly changing the 4th tiberium type's graphics from being looped (for the bigbule's animation) in to a functioning tiberim crystal like the excisting 3 (blue, green and red which is realy green but shows up on the radar a blue)
---
Thats right isnt it, i need to get my notes on this out again and finnish my guide...

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^^that's not quite correct

The hex-edit does nothing else than telling the game to use 12 instead of only 1 frame for Cruentus (the 4th tiberium).
Due to this, the tiberiumtype is able to be spawned by tiberiumtrees (TiberiumToSpawn=1), as these always create stage 6 patches, which previously weren't possible since only stage 1 were coded as the max.
Due to the higher number of stages/frames, the growth and spread logic is also working.
The hex-edit doesn't changes any graphics or properties.

All other properties are set on the BTIB01-12 Overlays (index 28-39 in the Overlaytypes list) or as usual on the [Cruentus] Section.
The BTIB Overlays normally have Land=Rock, which makes them impassable and not harvestable.
If you change these overlays to use the same settings as the other tiberiumtypes (Tiberium=yes, Land=Tiberium), the BTIB becomes a fully working tiberiumtype.

Even without the hex-edit, you can still make Cruentus harvestable, by simply changing the Overlays. The only difference to the other tiberiumtypes is, that this tiberiumtype then can't be bigger than stage1 patches.

Public SHPs

Tools

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if you do all this
does it still crash a game ?

how did we end up here ?

this place is horrible ...

smells like balls ...

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes, Cruentus is hardcoded to have only 12 overlays for the normal ground, but no overlays for slopes (BTIB13-20 for slopes are not supported).
Thus even with the hex-edit applied, the game would crash if Cruentus is placed (in FinalSun) or spawned (ingame via animations) on slopes.

However Cruentus doesn't grow/spread on slopes alone, so it would not cause a crash if used correct.

(sorry for bump #Tongue )

Public SHPs

Tools

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [48 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon