Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:08 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Lol, i think I found a cnc3 bug
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject:  Lol, i think I found a cnc3 bug Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know if anyone else has seen this, but you can make flying fortresses of death.
1)build the infantry of you choice
2)build an APC
3)load the nfantry into the apc
4)call for transport
5)attack something with your compound unit.
I was playng a level when I noticed that the transports were shooting down the nod attack planes, so I lol'd, and experimented with different units. I just thought I'd share this with you, but now, I'm going online with it Laughing . I wonder if snipers can sopt from it.... Who needs the hammerhead now?

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I shouldn't try it online: you may get banned for using a bug. I suggest reporting it to EA's TW bug site...

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not sure if it's a bug. It makes rather sense, to be honest.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Try asking on EA forums if this is a bug or if this is normal. If it's normal, (ab)use it #Tongue

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lol, I tried it online but failed :p. I only built three, loaded them with rocket soldiers, and attemoted to rush. The other just spammed rocket troopers. Now that I look at it it's rather expensive, but I guess if used right it could have some potential.
APC $700
Call for transport $500
Infantry unit ($300-$2000)
Total ($1500-$3200)!!! (the rocket apc transport combo of $1600 is compared with the below)

Rocket soldier $400...(do not attack)

Firehawk $1400 (I shot down a couple of these lol)

Venom $900 (these don't stand a chance)

Orca $1000 (in comparison, they may be cheaper but they have to return to base and don't get AA).

Well, If I get a balanced force it should solves some of my problems, but the stratagy is too expensive for general use. Another stratagy I should look into is if the snipers still spot, in which case I should start winning a couple of games.

In Kane's wrath, does the reckoner get two transport slots before it deploys? muhahaha Dual Flying flamethrowers.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Reckoners aren't opentopped when mobile #Tongue There goes your tactic! Also, I think Reckoners can't be moved trough air transport (too big).
Still, your little tactic does work. Just keep on the look for AA units #Tongue

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It should be logical though...Hammers ARE stronger than the tranports. Perhaps they designed this in mind?

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its not a bug, but it is fun.

I enjoy doing this mostly with flame troops.. what do you have? Flying Dragons!!
They are kind of prohibitively expensive for use offensively, especially against anything with anti-aircraft defenses, as they go down very easily.

Just one of many small hidden tactics in TW. I can't wait for playing around with the Hammerhead.

And no way in heck will the Redeemer/MARV have a call-for-transport power..

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We ain't talking about the Nod Epic Unit, but about the Nod APC #Tongue

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If it wasn't for the fact that TW was using the right-click move I'd already be scrimping and saving to upgrade my comp, and tried out this tactic #Tongue

TX1138
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually, one of the patches for TW enables the 'classic' C&C left click move system #Tongue

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're kidding me! Meh, I'll try to *secretly* install TW on my sis' better comp. Then maybe I"ll be in time for this mod #Tongue

(Running Gen on a 256MB RAM comp? Yes, it does. But the freakin' lag!)

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer wrote:
We ain't talking about the Nod Epic Unit, but about the Nod APC #Tongue

Units can't fire out until its deployed, so I doubt you'd be able to pull it off with that either. #Tongue

TX1138
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually, units can fire out of the Reckoner APC when it's deployed, it just becomes a stationary bunker and can't undeploy.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Umm...this is TW, not KW I presume #Tongue

TX1138
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Reckoner APC is a Kane's Wrath unit.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, I just thought that the reckoner had two open slots while moving and three while deployed, thus giving twice the firepower in the air as the apc transport combo.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But still a cool tactic though...#Tongue

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum