Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:21 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Terrain work.
Moderators: Droke
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [35 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Droke
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:50 am    Post subject:  Terrain work. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, this is where show the terrain in DS. How this works; I post a picture and comment about the new stuff. Much of this will be a work in progress or placeholders, and I will make a point of saying whats what.

Ok, in this pic we have:
Cliffs - The style is pretty much final, I have to fix some of the blending though.
Slopes - The SE facing slopes are expecialy screwed. I mostly left it that way becuse I am pushing twords getting to a point where mapping can be done. I will fix it sometime, but not yet.
Retaining Wall - They currently look like a standard wall, but its actualy a building placed on a slope as to make a more interactive environment. Basicly if you blow them up, you can move through the area. When I'm done they will actualy look like a dirt retaining wall.
Roads - They are just placeholders, but the final version will be of a simaler style though.
Rocks - I dont like one of them, but otherwise this batch is done.
Hedgehogs - Minor detail, but might as well mention them. They are done, atleast for now.

(Click to see the whole thing)

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

now THAT'S SWEET!!!!
Only too bad it's only for your mod Crying or Very sad

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Excellent work Droke! Everything looks amazing!

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy shit. THE nicest terrain I have ever seen, and this isn't PPM exaggeration.

The cliffs are so real... so sharp. The slopes are just highly detailed chocolate waterfalls. #Tongue

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Niiice... have you managed to hack a spysat or is that game terrain?

NewGuy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

awesome work! Great

Robopope99
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

great god Droke that is certainly impressive Shocked I love it all

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, this is some good lookin stuff, my friend #Tongue

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very, very, very amazing. Somehow I think it's better than ZH's terrain =/

(Perhaps Banshee'll add the emote #Tongue)

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, but in a way ZH's terrain sucks ass. The only way this sucks ass is on opposite day!

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Approved

Code:
:likey:

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lolz at c/p emoticon from E-Studios #Tongue
Also, very, very good job on the terrain Droke! Very Happy

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Droke was talking to me about abusing the slopes, seems you did a good job of it too. #Tongue

bartpp7
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cool land

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

....*nervely smoking aside*..

Good job, mate! Very Happy

Droke
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Ganster! That means alot coming from you.

And, well, thanks to everyone else too, your comments are nice also #Tongue

A friend recently gave me some pointers on making an effective terrain from a mapper's perspective. Which means, hopefully, then when I start on the civilian parts, it should turn into something worth looking at Smile

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GIV MEH MOARRR

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Watch out! TB is gonna leech Very Happy

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ye, it's fantastic. Wink Probably evident to you already, but some of the cliffs don't join up, and in some parts the slopes have poor perspective, resulting in a feeling that they aren't slopes.

Droke
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah. I'm just trying to get it done enough to map for now. My plan is to get the work complete enough to allow more people to join and work. As it is, a mapper would just be a name on the list, and a AI guy would be lost. When other people can work on it, then I will get everything done right Wink

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The slopes...they look a bit repetive...hmm.

Droke
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I ment to post this the first of this month, but I kept forgetting. Anyways, here is the first city shot. Please keep in mind that most everything in this shot will be fixed or updated in some way.

I was intending to add a low bridge looking peice for the ditch, but things happened so I havent made it yet. I also am planning more, like more road variations, driveways, and other such stuffs.

Roads - You can't tell in this shot, but I still have the other style too, so you can use the correct style for the area.
Sidewalks - Still have meny types left, but I made these so the mapper can do just about anything they want with them.
Retaining Walls - Updated since what you saw in the first post of this thread, but still not done.
Buildings - Need to re-render them all with a few updates, but please note: I will be adding variation and dont need to be reminded.
(Click to enlarge)

Now, good night. I'm extremely tired, so adios.

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As always!!! So pretty!!! Smile I love it all!!! Do more and more and more and MORE!!!!

NewGuy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice work Droke. I was wondering when you where going to update this mod.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd love to turn into a civilian there and stroll around the mod #Tongue

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd love to be a pilot and fly around over it in a jet, just use the gun camera to take OMG WOW pictures of the scenery.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Really nice, love the roads.

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LONG LIVE DERELICT SOIL !!!

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow. I love the style of the buildings, oddly the repetetion gives it this inhuman feel.... its very lonely and depressing, works very well in that shot.

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Any progress?

NewGuy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah what happend Droke? This mod went so well.

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He's probably busy... I know he has alot of other things he likes to do. I haven't seen him on MSN in a wail, but that maybe just me as I haven't really been on MSN that much either so I wouldn't know...

But it would be a shame if this mod was doomed to be dead....

Droke
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its neither dead nor doomed. Just a bit starved by a dead wireless card on my laptop.

And I have made progress, but I'm not posting any of it until its all done. Well, any more then I have.

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love you. Not really but I love your work. =P

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [35 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon