Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:40 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Unit Ideas?
Moderators: The DvD
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 3 [116 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 7:10 pm    Post subject:  Unit Ideas? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been working on this mod for almost a year now, and i'm afraid i've ran out of ideas...

So if you have an idea you want to share.... please do so!

Please keep the differences between the armies in mind...

GDI focuses on high-tech and firepower. A GDI unit will destroy any Nod, Mutant or CABAL unit thas has the same price... GDI also has a powerful air force, comparable with that of the Brotherhood.

Nod focuses on stealth and speed. Their units are quite expensive, but have unique abilities to survive, like cloaking, subterranean traveling and tiberium healing capabilities. Nod is deadly against infantry because they don't hesitate to use tiberium. This also means several of their (infantry) units are tiberium mutations. Nod can gather tiberium in secret thanks to their cloaked harvesters. They also have a really great defense, comparable to CABAL's defense.

CABAL's units and buildings are very expensive, but completely adopted to tiberium and very high tech. CABAL's loves to use lasers as they are the perfect weapon. CABAL's superior harvesters make up for his expensive units though, as they are very fast and hovering. CABAL is able to use stealth, and also has a fighter that is great against units but a bit weak against buildings.

Mutant units are, like CABAL's, enhanced for the tiberium world. They are not exactly that powerful, but cheap. Mutants mostly use older technology that's enhanced using tiberium.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mhhh your advanced harvester will use the same voxel or that will be improved ?

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Give nod the cameleon spy guy but edit his attack animations to a stabbing animatio so he will be a knife guy. just a thought.

The DvD

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MaXiM wrote:
mhhh your advanced harvester will use the same voxel or that will be improved ?

yeah the nod adv harvester is cloaked and looks a bit differently... GDI has answered and developed their own advanced harvester... big, huge, fast, strong and carries a shitload of tiberium....(or better... BLUE tiberium ... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil )

The DvD

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TerroR wrote:
Give nod the cameleon spy guy but edit his attack animations to a stabbing animatio so he will be a knife guy. just a thought.

Hey that's a cool idea... i'll see if i can make something out of it... Although i've never done much with infantry SHP's....

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When u talk bout GDI you talk bout me here are sum suggestions:
GDI Commando having a powerfull personal ion cannon

Sonic upgrade fot comp. twr having a little greater range then the tank but NO type immune to balance

Enterprise (give it any name u want) shooting 16 hover mlrs missles with a rof of 150 prehaps a build limit

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

or ammo limit

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thedvd wrote:
TerroR wrote:

Hey that's a cool idea... i'll see if i can make something out of it... Although i've never done much with infantry SHP's....

He gotta be stealth though and fastish so he ca catch up with the other infantry to stab em Very Happy

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well i say this could become nice idea

The DvD

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Turalyon wrote:
When u talk bout GDI you talk bout me here are sum suggestions:
GDI Commando having a powerfull personal ion cannon

Sonic upgrade fot comp. twr having a little greater range then the tank but NO type immune to balance

Enterprise (give it any name u want) shooting 16 hover mlrs missles with a rof of 150 prehaps a build limit

Cool stuff, thanks.. I'll see what i can do with it...

The DvD

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TerroR wrote:
thedvd wrote:
TerroR wrote:

He gotta be stealth though and fastish so he ca catch up with the other infantry to stab em Very Happy

He's disguised and cloaked... maybe a bit to powerful though...

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if cloakstop worked........

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it is not to powerfull, it just forces you to take a sensor array with you

The DvD

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes that's why it's disguised.. but i'm not sure the canine=logic (the logic that made dogs detect spies in RA1) works in TS.. because i gave the more intelligent Infantry this tag... infantry like the Acolyte or some commander units

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

why also disguised? you must first deply the sensor to detect something and disguises are OLD-FASHIONED they used that in the 20th century not half 21st

The DvD

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You have a point here.. however, it would be too easy to stop spies by just deploying a mobile sensor array in your base...

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sorry i did not know a sensor array could also see through disguises why not just cloaked?

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

here is one for the bad guys (i am feeling like a traitor now)
Sniper prehaps cloaked if the chameleon"assasin" is to powerful

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sensor arrays dont detect cloaked infantry

but buildings with the tag
SENSORS=yes do

lastly a cham spy without disguise is utterly useless, take my word for it (remember they decloak if they come near to enemy units or defensive structures) and without desguise are always instantly killed

giving it just desguise and no cloak would probably be better all roud for balance but the fact that hes called Chameleon, and its how it was intended and its 100times cooler being cloaked is a good enough reason for a little unbalance (and it is only a little, with buildlimit=1 so u cant spam the map with invisible scouts)

it works well Wink

P.S. IMPORTANT disable the spies ability to infiltrate radar, trust me on this one. Its faulty, its a great feature but u do this on mplay and all players can see what the spied upon player can see, even if there not allied to the person who spied + it is everlasting effect even if u sell ur radar

so its a big nono and i know hardly anyone (if anyone else) knew that Smile

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

actualy it is good
makes more reason to guard the radar better and with walls

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah you could just say that the spy has to set up a public broadcast in order for the spy's team to get hold of the map data.

The DvD

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFFGIG wrote:
sensor arrays dont detect cloaked infantry

but buildings with the tag
SENSORS=yes do

lastly a cham spy without disguise is utterly useless, take my word for it (remember they decloak if they come near to enemy units or defensive structures) and without desguise are always instantly killed

giving it just desguise and no cloak would probably be better all roud for balance but the fact that hes called Chameleon, and its how it was intended and its 100times cooler being cloaked is a good enough reason for a little unbalance (and it is only a little, with buildlimit=1 so u cant spam the map with invisible scouts)

it works well Wink

P.S. IMPORTANT disable the spies ability to infiltrate radar, trust me on this one. Its faulty, its a great feature but u do this on mplay and all players can see what the spied upon player can see, even if there not allied to the person who spied + it is everlasting effect even if u sell ur radar

so its a big nono and i know hardly anyone (if anyone else) knew that Smile

Well i really think the radar thingy was the most useful of his abilities... if not the ONLY useful thing. But in multiplayer it will probably turn out to be a bad thing, indeed. BTw, do you know if the canine=yes tag works? So that the unit that has this tag (for example GhostStalker) will see through the disguise and attack the spy?

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seriously the radar bug is to big to ingnore, i have tested it on mplay (way back) and well take my word for it

i use the Canine=yes logic the same way RA2 uses DetectDesguise=yes

but to be truthful i have no idea if it actually works Confused

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tried it a little while back after reading Deezire's tutorial, seemed to me not to work.

The DvD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, it also didn't work for me Crying or Very sad

So i'll have to turn it off... otherwise the computer can only kill him with ion cannon/hunterseeker/meteorstorm...

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DANGIT!!!! The spy was by far the coolest mod feature I'd ever seen, and now it's worthless...

*sigh* ignorance was bliss...

The DvD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can be sure there'll be enough cool things in TSTW to play with Wink

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

how about stealthlimpet drone?
and teberium sprader(exuse me if i didn't say right-from russia anyway!) put this vehasle behind enemy base and SURPRISE ATACK BY INFANTRY"S

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Let's make selfdestructing invisible freak for NOD!

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And a laser Titan!

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

хммм.... еще один...

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DvD, I have an idea for an existing unit in TSTW.
It would be cool if the mutants superweapon unit would deploy when firing, to balance things out and feel more realistic?. This would also need new graphics, mainly on the deploying part.

The DvD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep, infact the only way to give them a proper superweapon would be to deploy it..(the meteor summoner is just a super unit like Mammoth mk II)

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How 'bout a Subterranean War Factory?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey..DvD,you know about my Super Mario Affection(duh),why not take some ideas from the game,and...make em..Tib Sun-ish. Walking bombs,pre-built turrets,that fire large,anti tank shells?(Bullet-Bills,bob-ombs.)

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Big Jah wrote:
хммм.... еще один...
tebe to chto?

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For Nod. i wasthinking. the Subterranian War Factory is a pretty meep idea. make a large tunnel sticking out from the ground,a pair of large lights over the tunnel entrance. which flash when the door opens,a large metal blast-door. the vehicle rolling out from 'underground'.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and anti ION CANNON?

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mobile base defence tower for mutants?

areaSZ
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

underwater tiberium  and underwater havester

areaSZ
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

or  deployable aircraft?

D
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

how woudl underwater tib and harvs work :p, and how would they get back to the land refinery

areaSZ
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and  im making a underwater refinery

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

area52 wrote:
or  deployable aircraft?

That's impossible, unless you enjoy serious bugs by using the jumpjet locomoter with a vehicle. Wink

D
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well i cant wait to see your underwater refinery, if its anything like your other work, it witll be pr0  Cool

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tiberium on water = crashage doesnt it?

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've had tib on water and it doesn't crash. The harvester gets stuck, though.

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pop-up cannon for CABAL, would be cool.

D
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

earthquake machine o.0

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DvD, you mentioned at some other post(it was about "which is the best voxel, poll") that you were going to use the Scrin Primal voxel in TSTW. But how is that, I wonder? TSTW doesn't have Scrin as side?

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon