Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:52 pm
All times are UTC + 0
WIP Bermuda Triangle KW
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject:  WIP Bermuda Triangle KW
Subject description: the 2v2v2 map where someone always seemed to usethe president ifv
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I felt like making something differernt. This is 2v2v2, so it gets my attention for now. THis is just what I've done this little while. Right now I want your opinion on the direction I should move with balance. It will have alot of buildings, giving the black hand a good shot at domination, however it will not be able to access the middle stuff at all. Your opinions on the matter?

I was thinking a bridge (I don't really want to do this)
or somehow giving BH amphibious transports (i don't know how to do this).

bermuda triangle 1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  96.78 KB
 Viewed:  13011 Time(s)

bermuda triangle 1.jpg

Last edited by DaFool on Sat May 17, 2008 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This looks better then your other maps already. Just suggest putting pavement under the buildings, even where Westwood did. It's quite illogical the lack of pavement.

Also, where the Tiberium holes are in the street, make the street damaged and destroyed near them...

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

think having the main road in the shape of the nod symbol was a nice touch? I have the following questions:

1)How to edit the growth rate of tib?
2)How do I get civilian defenses (like a nice obeleisk) to shoot at the players?
3)is there a maximum amount of objects yo can have on a map? Some objects I placed originally seemed to have disappeared.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I Loved that map. It's ashame no-one ever played fairly online, hence why I hate Yuri's Revenge / RA2 on XWIS. Keep up the good work, be sure to convert May Day to KW. Wink (54 Tournament match wins in a row on that map #Tongue)

Street
Combat Engineer

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1. To edit growth rate click on the tiberium hole then the tiberium tab, at the bottom it should have growth rate (secs):

2. Select the obelisk and the off map power plants and change there team from civilian to Creeps. This is what people use to get viscaroids to attack people, so I assume it would work for base defenses as well.

3. I don't Think there is a maximum object limit, not sure why that would happen.

TiberianFiend
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes you need hole in the tiberium,
and show the effect of tiberium on the general area,
in this case i'd say Gdi had got most of them
and put sonic repulser fields around them,
but sadly i've tried many ways to copy the way they did it in london,
and none work(guessing that they don't work in Kane's wrath,
but they use a simular thing in temple primes mission)
the field lines just stay there but the units can travel through it.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

May Day/Gates Of Kiev will be fun to play.

Oh, did you try copying them in the Kane's Wrath missions? there is one with those fences... the one where you have to kidnap the doctor.

TiberianFiend
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Clarkson wrote:

Oh, did you try copying them in the Kane's Wrath missions? there is one with those fences... the one where you have to kidnap the doctor.

I havn't however I may need to make them larger etc
and i believe your right about docter mission,by the airport i think,
I was think of the nod lasser system.i'll try it out now.
if it work i'll add it to my rain edit which'll be uploaded
on the map thread.not saying which map though.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've uploaded my prgoress since last night. Thanks or the help.

I've enlarged the middle island
I've added the city around posistions 1 and 2
I've started the road work around one of the other sides.
Trees.

Later on I'll texturize it, add the other cities and roadworks, and try to balance it out.

(do the bright sidewalks look good?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum