Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:55 am
All times are UTC + 0
Syringe + ExceptChecker2 - Public beta release!
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2 [78 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It did, it was just small at the bottom, Banshee was really busy...

wardeathfun
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

crap, that did not work for me niether! im a lost cause Sad oh well :p

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It will get its own news post soon.

pd
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have a few more critical fixes to it, so we should wait before we do big news posts.

gordon-creAtive
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Allied General wrote:
This has no pratical modding help

Thomas Watson wrote:
I think there is a world market for maybe five computers.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lol @ that, Great implication man.

This will turn YR modding upside-down overnight if it ever gets finished and 100% working, and even if it doesn't it'll shake things up a bit.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I want modding applications. This is still a fancy experiment with bells and whistles.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Even if this gets finished people are still going to have to make the DLLs etc, it's not just insta-no-limitations-modding.

I can see the value of this, and im not saying it's bad but it will end up only being for a small amount of people in the community, unless this ends up making us all coding geniuses.

Last edited by OmegaBolt on Mon May 26, 2008 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AG, you have no idea what you're talking about.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, i know the whole system works, i was gonna use it for HyperPatch...

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well if it works then congrats otherwise, somehow I think 99% of modders won't be making dll and most likely mods will keep there dll for private use.

Usability and application not hyping up Rolling Eyes

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You guys do know that RockPatch2 as it was called is not dead but will arrive in a Syringe DLL, right? For example, just last night I spent all of five minutes coding a fix for the stupid "Temporal units get veterancy from erasing allied units" issue to be included in it. And pd has said multiple times that RP2 will include, as a minimum, all the stuff that was in RP1 ...

Rome wasn't built in a day. What do you want to see as proof that this stuff isn't just a fancy experiment? A new map Action to ask you a question and set or clear a map local depending on your answer? A patch for AI Trigger Types to enable multiple conditions? A fix for the MakeInfantry occupied lag? A hotkey to turn selected units elite instantly? A patch so Radiation=yes weapons don't even target ImmuneToRadiation=yes things instead of wasting shots and dealing no damage? A deunification of PoweredUnit? A fix to make weapon particles actually grant veterancy? I'm serious.

pd
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A working -CD parameter? The ability to use WAV files for sounds outside of a BAG?
The list goes on. hrrr

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Five minutes?

ztype. That means that with enough 5 minute edits, the entire engine could be reworked and made flawless.

NewGuy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

5minutes is a very short time. I think RP2(Syringe) is going to be f*cking great.

pd: why dont you write your own dlls like new sw and fixing hardcoding stuff right now?

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
why dont you write your own dlls like new sw and fixing hardcoding stuff right now?

Because he has a life, he'll do some though.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hes in the process of doing that.

MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tell you what, while the source is readily available on the RP forums, why don't you lot create your own f'n DLL's?

thats what I thought, you're ready and willing to talk the talk, but when it comes to walking the walk, and coding your own goddamn DLL's, the bulk of the detractors turn in to whining 12 year olds being asked to find the clitoris.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, TBH many people claim to be able to do things thy can't I make no such claims.
I can not code C++
I can not hit people using tanya on APB
I can not consistently make good retorts
And I lack the ability to concentrate on any one task for more than thirty minutes.
Oh! And the exceptchecker does sod all for me, I check the log and it says it's run but it's done the square root of bugger all, what do I do?

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wait for the new, much better, version Wink

Edit: or you could always visit the Ares forums and try your luck at registering as a tester...

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm... Is that an invitation? If so I've never leaked anything, I have the plans and futures of a couple of things that might interest people, but I'm not leaking, is that an acceptable standard for ares?

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I doubt it's an invitation...
Nah, of course it's an invitation, or else he wouldn't mention it #Tongue

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

D, I posted my application in the correct thread and registered. I'd like to help Wink

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seriously, you guys... how hard would it have been to simply visit the Ares forums or its homepage, where the "Wanted: Ares Testers" thread is prominently displayed? Complete with a list of criteria we (well, I) look for in an applicant, too.

Edit: started to type before Albrecht did.. lol.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

XD first thing I did D, typed 2Rp2.strategy-x.com" clicked the link on that bit of news.

Yuri Legends
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think that Windows 7 will work. Smile

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please don't bump two year-old threads.

MarionM
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon