Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:42 am
All times are UTC + 0
Adding Animations Crashes TS
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1 [29 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Triforce
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:00 am    Post subject:  Adding Animations Crashes TS Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have a strange animation problem with TS. I recently decied to fire up my old mod I had made and see what kind of improvements I could make with all the info I've larned here. The problem is, the mod crashes every time I load it, even though it was in perfect working order when I saved to CD, and was again when took it off to test back then.

I know what's causing the internal error, its the Animation list in Rules.ini . Seems I can't add ANY new animations to the list, not numbered after 707, or in the empty spots in between. I erase the list of my new animations and wa la! TS loads and works, until I fire a weapon that uses a new animation which can't find its partner in rules.ini! Mad lol.

But the story gets stranger still. I rembered I had a really old copy of the mod on another CD,so I plug that versions rules into TS ( which has 31 new animations) and the game works perfect. Yet if I edit the list in any way, bam, TS gets an internal error when loading a map. The only idea I can come up with to explain this all is that when I made the mod, I had Win ME, now I'm trying to edit it and Play in XP Home.

Another thing is that I get horriable lag durring the game, I have a 1GH comp with an 64MB ATI All in Wonder 8500DV with 640+ memory and it still ran better on a 233HZ comptuer with 96 memory. Why me? lol.

Thanks to all who can help, its 3am so sorry if I'm going on and on. I just want my mod to work. Very Happy

Triforce

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

maybe you should try to use the exactly numbers used by SMIFFGIG in his tutorial. As for the lag, check the backgroun programs running with Tiberian Sun. Believe me, a clean P233 MMX is able to run faster than a Athlon 1GHZ if the Athlon is also running Norton Antivirus + GetRight + ICQ + AIM + MSN + Yahoo + spywares from Kazaa + WinAMP + some other programs...

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Adding Animations Crashes TS Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hi triforce, welcome to the PPM Forums, have fun.

I don't know for your animations crashes but i suggest you to "clean" a little your PC. Check also your directX diag to see if you have not problem, if, reinstall it

launch disk clean, reg clean and do a defrag during the night

with that your comp will gain a lot in speed.

If you still have problems, i think you should do a format if you can save your files, it's the best solutions, with that your comp is like a "new comp"

PS: you can use the signature in your profile to put "Triforce" automatic to all your messages

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you're having a very strange problem... because as far as I knew, TS cannot crash because of animations. If it can't find an animation or if it can't display it properly, the animation just won't show up. One thing that's for sure though, you don't need to add weapon animations to the list in rules.ini in order to run TS properly, only active animations need to be listed in order to be displayed. It seems to matter for the save game feature though...(See SMIFFGIG's tutorial in the tutorial section, and especially the replies on it..) I somehow have the feeling you're having the same problem as me, but my mod crashes during the loading of saved games, yours crashes during loading of a skirmish...

Triforce
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll look at the animation tut again, I didn't know only building animations needed to be listed, that will really cut the list short. As for the lag, I only run one thing at a time, I've checked System resources and its usally only 2-3% filled, and don't use Kazsa. No anti-virus either, I need to get a new version beacuse my old one won't load. I did do a stuipd thing when I installed XP, I copied over ME instead of replacing it, I should really fix this but I just think of all the files I have to back up. Razz I'll try defraging and see if that helps some. Thanks for all the help!

Triforce ( I know, I like to do it the hard way Very Happy)

My Avatar is the only thing I see in TS now "Internal Error"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
Triforce
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good News! I got it all in working order. I had to Cut and Paste the whole Mod onto fresh ini's, as it seems TS didn't like the old ones made a year ago. Just my luck Razz ! I did come across something neat while I was remaking it. If you reorder the vehicles list so that it reads the lowest tech units frist and then going in build order, you elminate the messy list if you happen to losse your War Fac. Just build a new one and come back in the same order as you got them. I think it works this way for buildings too, although I haven't tried it. I can't belive how messy the list are! I renumbered the animations list (don't ask why I did it, I'm still not sure) and you have a total of 420ish open slots from the last used to 707. I also tried messing around with getting a single mcv for my third side, It resulted in some insane base building by the AI. Ever seen GDI AI build 6+ Adv. Tech centers? Its fun to blow it all up! Thanks for the Help.

Triforce

pher gdi ai.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  521.06 KB
 Viewed:  7660 Time(s)

pher gdi ai.jpg

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmm.. looks good... are you another of those guys who love to see AI cheating (because when it doesnt cheat is too bad)?

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you know why the AI gets their base built so much faster than you, and seems to always have a better economy than you, even if you have more harvesters? Their building costs are cut in half. Which means, half the money to build buildings and etc., and it takes half the time. This is a proven fact, try a map with no tiberium and add up the total the AI builds. They'll stop at a point.

The DvD

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FinalMoon wrote:
Do you know why the AI gets their base built so much faster than you, and seems to always have a better economy than you, even if you have more harvesters? Their building costs are cut in half. Which means, half the money to build buildings and etc., and it takes half the time. This is a proven fact, try a map with no tiberium and add up the total the AI builds. They'll stop at a point.
FM, this is related to the AICM values in the beginning of rules.ini.

(AICM stands for AI Coefficent of Money, or, as i call it, AI Cost Minus Wink)

In my mod, i use some AI cheating (Nod is getting cloaked harvesters (which you can buy too,btw) along with PROC2 and PROC3 with have AIBuildThis=yes) But i've significantly lowered the AICM values, so the AI doesn't have the buildspeed advantage as much

Triforce
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I doesn't really matter if the AI cheats for me or not, I'll still end up lossing! Very Happy I've taken up intertest in my mod again, its SO much easier than Renegade and more rewarding when you get to load it up and not get "Internal Error" . I'm trying to give it a different feel from TS, or actually, what I think TS should have been. Heres something I put together last night. Is PPM still hosting new mods? I'd like to see what others think about my mod.

kane...glows!.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  520.82 KB
 Viewed:  7672 Time(s)

kane...glows!.jpg

Techno
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i got a prob with the unit icons they dont all have the same theme. u might like it but they all look like they from totaly different games.

PS: dont hit me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Techno
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

very half assed mod. also why the forums so laggy!!!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

- server's response time is too bad. We are really not responsible for that...

Triforce
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anyways...

Prehaps I should reveal some information. The mod's story takes place right after firestorm, where GDI abandons all civilians to protect the Tacitus, and Nod is ever increasing its propaganda after their triumph of CABAL. The Civilians finialy fight back, and form thier own Faction, the National Civilian Militia or NCM.

Theres around 6 new units for both GDI and Nod, 1 new sturcture each, and of course a new side. NCM is a mainly a low-tech faction, using mainly tanks and vehicles from TD. Their power lies in their infiantry, which replace Nods role. Nod moves to more stealth type units, and GDI has more hover tanks.

Super Weapons are all upgraded, killing any building but the CY in one shot. NCM has their own SW, an ICBM missile with a Nuke Warhead.

There are lots of improvements aswell, Buggy's and wolf's actually kill infiantry now, and live to see another day. Basic aircraft can move into the shroud now, but bombers/banshees can not. Verten upgrades are improved, and all units self heal when eilite. Most of the broken animations work now, and I added smoke to the end of the refinery fireball (really cool I think) Each side also has 1 insane game-ender unit, An overpriced, over powered unit that kills anything in 1 or 2 shots. Its not to be taken as serious part of the mod but its there if you want to kill loads of AI really fast. Very Happy

Last edited by Triforce on Tue Jun 17, 2003 4:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you wanna a forum for your mod here? If the answer is yes, PM me the name of your mod and the description of your forum.

Quote:
And I've got a problem with people who think they can talk to others like that. I haven't been here long but I think this is a good, well runned place, show some respect.

- Techno just wrote an equivocated and rude comment, really. But since he probably dont know half of the features of your mod, I think you shouldnt care on that at all.

Techno
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol its true... from my view it looks like all the units just found a few crates... but you must admit its not made for perfection and looks like a bunch of copy paste work to me... hell the top pic even has ra2 icons! thats just disrespectful to ts... anyway i guess im sry...

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just for info: When civilians pick up arms, they are not civilians anymore. They are soldiers.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
navy-seal
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

can they do that in ts or does it crash. i dont think u can do it

The DvD

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Techno wrote:

Techno, you're going too far IMO. If you have critisism, make sure it's constructive critisism, not just shouting some random insulting words. Ever tried making good cameos?? Ever tried making them look like these cameos belong together? (Which is very hard, believe me) Ever tried making a mod, or even a decent map? (...)

If you want to be a respected member of these forums... behave like it and stop this crap.

Techno
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i have made mods and i have made maps for many games and half assed is a good constructive word for his icons.... and its not that hard to make the themes the same... he coulda used photoshop or even better left em alone....

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

some of his icons look good like the nuclear power plant... but I think it's interesting for them to have the same background..

Techno
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well atleast i get to see what the made in mexico tiberian sun would look like. Confused

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the recon bike one... good shot.

Triforce
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really don't think the camos need a theme as in color shecme, but they need to be the same at some level, which most of them are: they are all or will soon be hi-res. Its imposible to find all the TS units with the same backdrop, some of them can't even be edited to a new backdrop beacuse they blend in to much in with render. A icon should do 3 things: Show the user what it is/does without any text, how it moves/operates, and most importantly, scream "BUY ME!" Very Happy The defult TS cartoon icons don't do that last one for me. Wink

Triforce

Techno
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BLAH BLAH BLAHDSJFKMS DGBFBGKLGM!!!!! #Mad u made me blow chunks...

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Techno quit it, if your not going to say anything useful then dont say anything at all. This mod looks good, i will admit that its not at the same standard as TS: Retro but i have yet to see any other mod, for any other C&C game (not counting redgen :p) that is. At least he spent the time to work things out, to plan his mod, to balance it and IMO to make something that people can look at and say "Wow, that looks cool". I have yet to see anything from you that has even made me want to open a thread with your name on the front. I dont want to sound rude, but really i have no choice. Its fine to criticise his cameos, IMO a few of them could do with being slightly better (stealth generator, APC), but if you have never tried it yourself, and i have seen no evidence to disprove this theory then who are you to say they are "half assed". Same with the mod. If i could give out official warnings i would have, so count yourself lucky and let this be a lesson. If you dont like it, dont play it, its as simple as that.

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I dont want to sound rude

CENSOURED BY ADMIN

NOTE FROM BANSHEE: This forum was made to discuss TS modding, not to insult anyone. Flames are not tolerated here. Try acting wisely as Tratos did.

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Triforce
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This topic can be deleted, it no longer has a useful purpose

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm gonna leave it just for reference... closing...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1 [29 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon