Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:04 am
All times are UTC + 0
Project Eclipse
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [72 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject:  Project Eclipse
Subject description: Pics!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The mod is based on the future of the finished Yuri war,were an new faction appears.

The Kalim is an unknown faction for the moment,tought spy planes and scouts show off some interesting details

EDITED:Old things erased

Civilian Armed Block(when captured,becomes an defence)

Soviet Flak AA system

Please coment Smile

Last edited by Deformat on Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:58 pm; edited 7 times in total

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You know what I think. But non-the-less, some of the buildings may be good / unique, but they don't look like what their named after. The Construction Yard gives off nothing that actually indicates it is a construction yard. The power plant looks more like a reasonable radar than the building you've named a radar. A lot of the other things you've made are... Unique to say the least. You are an OK modeler to say the least and you do have potential, you just need to concentrate on making your buildings look more realistic, try using different textures, adding more little details etc. Oh and as for the Flak AA cannon, it's cannons are tooth picks, make them thicker. Wink

Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Those models aren't bad, a little more work here and there and it'll look really good. Smile

Quote:
Everybody knows a mod that doesn't update every ten seconds is dead.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Aro:I've decided that i'm gonna edit many of them due to low quality textures.
So its somehow happy to say they are just WiPs.
And the cannons thinner you say?
I tought they were too small.

I'm gonna see what can do.

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, man you got a real good handle on 3d. Logo looks pretty interesting overall.

Not sure about this new side. I mean super tough spy planes and scouts doesn't say much about their character? are the related to Yuri or something new?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
And the cannons thinner you say?
I tought they were too small.

Quote:
THICKER

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oops,stupid me Very Happy

Anyway,see the update Wink

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You have a nice style, and you don't have to make things look realistic if they all look unifrom. You can say "well thats what I'm going for..." and it will be ok.

Suggestions:

Take away the radar dish from the power and put it on the radar building.

On the Con Yard, have a like crane extend from the big buble on the right hand side.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Tesla Coil looks really weird. IMO the rings should get bigger as they go down, there should be less of them and on that pic they arn't even centred properly. Plus you should do more with the base IMO. #Tongue

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bigger, lower base and more RA1/Ra2 style rings for tesla coil.

Bir RADAR dish on Radar building, get rid of one on PP and add an arial or two.

Crane and hole on CY (crane lifts box into hole when something is built).

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no need for crane.

Update

The Kalim droneminer.

Comes from the refinery(will be remade) and (like slaves) it comes out in groups.Its an unarmed,armoured cybernetic hovering mini-miner.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Omg! Secret can do 3d! Surprised

I'll write a 3d tutorial about buildups after finishing cliffs one...

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

really?

Now that will excuse me a lot of time Very Happy

And yeah,started about last year's Christmas. Smile

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It seems I must post something.
2 News:

1.I have decided using an AG's technology logic and combining it with the country idea so that when you build the tech lab(not the civvie one) you gain 2 technologies:

+Allieds:
+-Chrono Technology
+-Prism Technology

+Soviets:
+-Tesla Technology
+-Nuclear Technology

+Kalim:
+-Robotic Technology
+-Wave Technology(Initiate Weapon)

Developing these technologies give you superweapons,units etc.

2.I will leave in vacation.

For the next 6 weeks I will be left from the city so I will have no internet conection.Tought I will still have my comp so I will can work up to the mod.

This is my last post before my leaving,so see ya later.

@Gosho:I'm sorry to say,but I can't wait 6 weeks for the logo,so I will work for it on my own.

EDITED:Old things erased

Last edited by Deformat on Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Roadwarrior
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

stick the dish thats on the PP and put in the middle of the squares on the radar.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Btw, what 3d program were you using again?

Denmon
General

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's pretty good and original but the textures are just horrible!

Also, add more small detail like pipes, steam vents, anything really!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was pretty hapily surprised that I could stop in an city an stand at an computer.

@DA:3dsmax

@RW and Denmon:I'm going to do an full remake of the side.

You will see Smile It will surely look better.

I allready have some very high-tech models,also I will use Holy_Master's infantry-tank idea.(I can't really voxel enought good).

Tought n the plans,i really hope that my mod will really become an big mod.

I'm going to do in the near future(like 7 weeks) an aplication to hosting at Revora presenting the new formula of the mod.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Turn Antialiasing into Catmull-Rom because this current AA is way too smooth!

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I found that later.

btw,I finally can post on PPM.THe comp is f*cked up so it is possible that all mod stuff be gone.

Good news:I have managed to get wireless internet.But it doesnt work due to the comp.

Crap.

But I'm gonna post an(hopefully) big update

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some news around here....

My cousin has left from here.

I should have left here yesterday but my grandparents insisted.

I will come back Monday with some progress.
But I think you will feel dissapointed because some models aren't finished(generaly texturing) and I'm now gonna hurry this week in presenting something.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some changes around...

Primary,The Kalim will be excluded for this moment.

Secondary:Storyline:

21 September 1955

"It never happened"Said Einstein when he came back.
"What never happened?" asked the assistent.
"The War,my friend.I killed Stalin."
"What do you mean?"
"The war that we name the the Great War never happened.With Stalin no more,we can stay in peace,as an great war will not happen soon."

These were the last words said in our dimension.
Stalin never came to Russia's rule.

Nonetheless,we can say another war never happened.Untill...

23 February 1965.

An nuclear bomb came and destroyed New York.Another one came and destroyed DC.Nobody knows were did they came.

As the 2 big cities destroyed,USA changes its capital to Chicago.The remained zone is now considered as R-66.No life form exists there.
At least this the people thinks...

29 April

USA Declares war to the Soviet Union.

Trotsky,who ruled the Union at that time,was shocked about the news he received.

Massive assaults came to Sovograd(As we know it,Leningrad) and Moscow.

Emergency procedures put the Union to move its capital to an unknown place.
As the Americans advance,the soviets hide to the north arctic circle.

Alaska is invaded,reclaimed Russian land and so is the west coast of the USA.They come to Chicago,but,who knows?

2 Sides:The Union of the Soviet International
The United States of America

Kalim later

3.:Sov. Barracks and Gattling tower

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Barracks should have more shape, perhaps like the Ra1 Barracks does. I also think the bronze colour should be used only as a secondary colour, for highlights etc, like gold is.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Better?

Its intentionaly to be so shapeless,to have an different idea of the soviet.

In this mod,it will be something rather more interesting:Soviets in fact become more democrat and liberal than the USA.

Trotskyism was an modified democracy in some way.And creates an better idea,an TC in idea is an original way.

Democracy later becomes corrupt and goes in the way of an Anarchist state.

WIP(or rather an 5 minute job Laughing)

NewGuy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Barrack v2 is good, maybie a little small but resize is not a big problem.
Your getting alot better Secret

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yer,its for the USA Laughing

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update:

Alliance barracks

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update:

Alliance Oil Processing Utility.

I was thinking at implementing an system of oilpump-like buildings that would replace the refinery for each faction.Maybe with build limit

So what do you say?

And comment,please!

Last edited by Deformat on Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do I have to bump?

At least comment,even if it looks ugly.

pd
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Except for the tesla coil which is looking erm... dunno, too flat? I like this stuff a lot.

However, this stuff won't fit to any of the original YR material, so you'll probably have to redesign the whole game.
Seeing that you have custom terrain I think you're doing that. Wink

Would be good if you posted these buildings in context once possible, will be easier to judge then!

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks.

I'll edit the first post and the others,some stuff around is pretty old and will be unused

Anyway,here's the when-loading-to-game screen

bartpp7
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

not bad looking good job mate

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks

Here's the Soviet Oil Processing Utility.

EDIT:New texture used for the soviet buildings:

Its not the best I can,I'll see what I can do more.

I'll also do something with the energy idea.

There will be no energy.We are now talking about an place were oil is the base for money and energy.

So no energy generators BUT explosion of buildings may cause damage around.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update:

Credit:AntiHero

New buildings made by AntiHero.

I think you all can guess what they are.They are all in the right size(I think #Tongue )

All it remains for the beta graphics would be the next:

-Tech Centers and and the Oil Refinery/Grinder

-Defenses

-Bits of fixes(e.g. Radars need pads)

Possible,just possible to do:

-Superweapons

-Sidebars

Also,I'm looking for in the future for an coder(I'm not too good in this chapter #Tongue ),mapper(later,I'm also looking for new terrain),musician(Hey,we need tracks,no?) and an graphical helper.

Hopefully this will end good. Smile

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update:

Soviet MiG

Also,I am a bit dissapointed about the people who post around here.

Why?In the last 1-2 weeks I posted updates generaly at every post and barely received 4 comments at my 9 posts.

Whats the problem?Is there 0 interest in this mod around here?

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is that mig a voxel? Also, I think you should show more ingame work for ppl to reply Wink

Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

to me the mig looks like a space shuttle. so bright!

Retired YR Player
Steam Account : MAS93
Xfire: msbiohazard

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DG:No,its an SHP.

I will use Holy_Masters SHP idea(somewhere posted at Revora)which says that all vehicles can be inf. SHPs which later can be used the Image= tag. Smile

BH:I'm sorry to tell,that,If i'd make it darker,it would look ugly,unhappily. Sad

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

aircraft must be voxels

Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
BH:I'm sorry to tell,that,If i'd make it darker,it would look ugly,unhappily. Sad

ah ok completely understandable

Retired YR Player
Steam Account : MAS93
Xfire: msbiohazard

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if you need some help making the defenses to match I think I shouldn't have a problem. I can make the models if you have no problem converted them to SHP (as I just don't have the time to convert)

let me know. Models like that aren't hard to create.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Teh Albrecht:How come?

It shouldn't be a problem here.
If you mean about rotors,then,it should work,this one doesn't use,and if we talk about helis,then the idea of an jumpjet should work.

@AH:I'd rather have the need for the ConYards,as I also know that making defences ain't hard.

But,if you want,yeah,sure why not.PM me to give you the details.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aircraft units must use voxels. They cannot Be SHPS, Jumpjets can (IIRC... not sure) but padaircraft must be voxels.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've looked again at the idea.

Much easier this time:

For art

Voxel=no
Shp=yes
Sequence=VehicleSequence

I have been,umm,yeah.I didn't gave any attention.

No Image=tag should work.Just the above.

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm.
well, what kind of con yards are you looking for?
high tech?
Grunge military?

I need styles, concepts, colors, ect.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll PM ya the details. Smile

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Long time,no see!

But I can't say long time no updates #Tongue

v1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  26.62 KB
 Viewed:  8599 Time(s)

v1.png

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looks funky #Tongue

just a simple logo by bricks @ raminator, on Flickr

Sleepwalker
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's pretty

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello, your logo is too plain, i know someone who could do one for you.

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon