Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:20 am
All times are UTC + 0
Weapons Factory
Moderators: Tiberian Odyssey Active Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [35 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Morpher
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:10 am    Post subject:  Weapons Factory
Subject description: Produces Ground Vehicles
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Weapons Factory

Structure Stats
Strength: Heavy
Power: -50
Requires: Barracks + Tiberium Refinery

Description:
The GDI Weapons Factory holds essential materials, machinery and information required to mass produce the ground based vehicles in GDI arsenal.

Last edited by Morpher on Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:47 pm; edited 6 times in total

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did anyone fixed it btw? Donut? AnitHero?

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It seems to work ingame. I didn't touch it though.

EDIT// I'm remaking it (almost exact same, with slight modifications) but without the logo on the door (I'm moving it elsewhere)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are you sure all units fit from that door? Looks like at least Ares would get stuck...

blubb
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lovely that the warfac has still my design lol #Tongue, no really its lovely

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Audiopulse
Railgun Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Are you sure all units fit from that door? Looks like at least Ares would get stuck...

That hazardstriped part on the right is part of the door, too. I didnt notice any flaws ingame...

Except for the current mammoth *cough*

yup, neptune size!

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i think it's more the height that Crimsonum meant, which could be a problem.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
i think it's more the height that Crimsonum meant, which could be a problem.

Exactly. In some cases, width may be a problem too.

bartpp7
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OMG this is so GG pawnage i mean this is so cool i there are so many awsome words i could so to expriese my feelings about this

Audiopulse
Railgun Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well - thanks bartpp7, glad you like it, but constructive feedback would make us even happier Wink

Tell us, if youd make something different if it were up to you.

yup, neptune size!

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i have some constructive criticism/feedback. Wink

Are there any lights or other anims on this one? The model is great but if there are no flashing lights, rotating fans or some smoke it could be a bit boring ingame.

Public SHPs

Tools

Audiopulse
Railgun Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It has - the flashing lights as you asked for as well as the fans. The Flashing lights - well - theyre just like on the original Warfac, just that theyre positioned elsewhere of course. I just cant spot the fans myself, though...

yup, neptune size!

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I well, here's your flashing lights, Audio XD

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow the thing looks...small...

Audiopulse
Railgun Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think it wont be a big deal to make it abit wider - and/or higher :>

yup, neptune size!

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First version was so much better IMO

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Omega, there is no "first version"...

this is the ONLY version of the WF ever made for Odyssey...

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess he is referring to the temperate version of the building; which IMO, looks way better than the snow version.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well the "snow" version doesnt have the logo, has an extra remap bit on the roof and generally seems to have less detailed textures. So really its not just a snow version...

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm.

well it's a complicated problem to fix. We'll work on it.

bartpp7
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well i'd like some sort of radar of like an atena so it doesn't look like its not a tech impeared, oh and could there be a little bit more dirt around that concret part

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The snow version looks cartoony and more like a RA2 structure tbh.

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The snow version should be the temperate version with snow on it. Why would GDI take the time to paint it a completely different colour?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

camouflage Wink

Public SHPs

Tools

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...but you can see it clear as day...

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I Agree with Icy. I think it needs a bit more of a natural look, then it'll be fantastic. Wink

Audiopulse
Railgun Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IcySon55 wrote:
The snow version should be the temperate version with snow on it. Why would GDI take the time to paint it a completely different colour?

CuZ iTsa lo0kz1ng s0 dArn c00L!

Nah, for serious - if wed go by that, the flashing lights would be kinda senseless too. But since its still a game, flashing lights and snowcamo look good.

DaTs will improve the snow-versions and everyones happe - and about that "dirt on the concrete part"-thing: Weve got a special surprise for you which I dare to say no TS-mod has ever shown up with ;D

yup, neptune size!

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't keep us waiting too long #Tongue

Maybe fatten up the WF a bit...

Nah.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can't you put a mech or unit next to it, so we can compare sizes. I'm suspecting DaTS has made that screenie with a very high resolution, which may explain why it's so small...

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

a pixel is a pixel. They have the same size ingame and in the shp. there are no resizes done from the engine.
So just copy and paste the mech into the screenshot.

gdi_war_fac_ares.png
 Description:
for those who are too lazy to do it here the C&P job.
 Filesize:  15.63 KB
 Viewed:  13915 Time(s)

gdi_war_fac_ares.png

Public SHPs

Tools

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Audiopulse wrote:
Nah, for serious - if wed go by that, the flashing lights would be kinda senseless too. But since its still a game, flashing lights and snowcamo look good.

"looking good"?

The temperate WF is just awesome, but the snow version looks more like an abandoned Nod warehouse than a GDI warfactory....

Audiopulse
Railgun Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Das seh ich anders...

It might look like one because of the red remap and I honestly dont think that the snow-camo is either senseless nor ugly. The snow might appear abit blurry, but then again these are no final stages - that bit of snow in the middle of the landing-pad e.g. has to be removed and I believe this picture in special was a quickshot to give us, the staff, an Idea how it might look like.

After all, guys, we had the opportunity and thougt to ourselves - why just making the same building again with just abit snow on? It is way easier to catch a bright yellow Warfac than another one which is at least partially white and it makes the whole game just look abit more like a grim stronghold on a cold battlefield, and not a game with some pixely Buildings.

yup, neptune size!

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Audiopulse wrote:
After all, guys, we had the opportunity and thought to ourselves - why just making the same building again with just a bit snow on? It is way easier to catch a bright yellow Warfac than another one which is at least partially white and it makes the whole game just look abit more like a grim stronghold on a cold battlefield, and not a game with some pixely Buildings.

Two months late, but I really don't care.

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking myself. I was going for the Grim, Frozen metal look, rather than Desert Camouflage in a snowy landscape when I made that. I wish I would have had time to finish it before I left. Hopefully I can finalize it when I get back. It's not exactly difficult to convert the rest of the existing structures to snow camo. The WF was the only one, due to my lack of having the original model. I had gangster's WIP, and that's all I could work with.

I'm in need of a new computer, though. Apparently, while I was gone, my PC (which was already on it's last legs), failed completely. The primary hard drive failed, the motherboard failed, and the graphics card failed, all at one time. Everything important I had was on my slave drive, but it does me no good without everything else.

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hope you'll get the project back online as it's now completly stopped Sad
And I hope for you you'll get a new PC Wink

DarkVen9109
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well-detailed. Perfect for inspirations Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [35 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon