Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:46 am
All times are UTC + 0
multi section voxels and HVA animations
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
imarafan
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject:  multi section voxels and HVA animations
Subject description: i know i'm making something wrong
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HOLAS: (tm)

hi! i was making some modifications to the MADHQ seismic tank (with permission, of course) i want to animate the turret... and use the chargeturret logic(the prism tank one)... since i'm not a good grapher the best idea i could come with is try to separate the chassis, the turret and the hammer into 3 different voxels.... but i don't know if the chargeturret logic works with barrels.. so i decided to mix the turret and the hammer in a 2 section voxel.... i went to the turret file-->section--->new---->import from another voxel--->and i choose the hammer one... it looks like it works... but everytime i try to work with the HVA.... i can't see the hammer >_>

i check the bounds and there is a strange number in the hva position coordinates... i modify it but stilll cant se the hammer... i check the hva of the chassis.... i see the chassis the turret and the hammer graphic is bugged... other thing i notice is everytime i try to add a section to a vxl (not just the madhq one) i have the same error X_x

it seems like i'm forggeting to do something with the vxl file... but i don't know what

how could i fix that?

do you think a multi section turret could use the chargeturret logic?

and another problem i have.... i was trying to make an animated APC driller (with an animated drill) i edit the hva.... i add the frames... and i edit all of them... the animation seems to work fine in hva edit... but i can't see the animation in game... what could be the problem here?

thanks for your time and sorry for my english n.nU

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: multi section voxels and HVA animations Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

imarafan wrote:
HOLAS: (tm)

hi! i was making some modifications to the MADHQ seismic tank (with permission, of course) i want to animate the turret... and use the chargeturret logic(the prism tank one)... since i'm not a good grapher the best idea i could come with is try to separate the chassis, the turret and the hammer into 3 different voxels.... but i don't know if the chargeturret logic works with barrels.. so i decided to mix the turret and the hammer in a 2 section voxel.... i went to the turret file-->section--->new---->import from another voxel--->and i choose the hammer one... it looks like it works... but everytime i try to work with the HVA.... i can't see the hammer >_>

As far as I understood, the changeturret logic works only with the turret. There are 4 steps (the original turret, and tur1, 2 and 3. The game does not necessarily plays the HVA animation of these turrets, since the HVA files from original prism tank turret voxels do not have any animation on it.

Quote:
i check the bounds and there is a strange number in the hva position coordinates... i modify it but stilll cant se the hammer... i check the hva of the chassis.... i see the chassis the turret and the hammer graphic is bugged... other thing i notice is everytime i try to add a section to a vxl (not just the madhq one) i have the same error X_x

I'm not sure if this problem is fixed on 1.37 or 1.38 alpha. But I remember that I've fixed this issue a while ago.

Quote:
it seems like i'm forggeting to do something with the vxl file... but i don't know what

how could i fix that?

do you think a multi section turret could use the chargeturret logic?

No.

Quote:
and another problem i have.... i was trying to make an animated APC driller (with an animated drill) i edit the hva.... i add the frames... and i edit all of them... the animation seems to work fine in hva edit... but i can't see the animation in game... what could be the problem here?

thanks for your time and sorry for my english n.nU

Make sure you have a code that actually triggers the animation. From what I know, TurretSpins=yes. Mechs uses SHP animations to walk and do other things, so they are an entirely different system. In you case, converting parts of the APC into an SHP might be an easier solution, so you can use its related walking animations... But I must admit that I never tried to do this, so I'm unable to help you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum