Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:39 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Tiberian Odyssey News.
Moderators: Tiberian Odyssey Active Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 4 [183 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFF is like one of the founders of modern TS modding, in a way #Tongue

So of course he has a place on the team! xD

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just to let everybody know we've uploaded a few new images of the Nod War Factory and Nod Tiberium Refinery. I've also uploaded some additional tracks to the Tiberian Odyssey Music Promo thread.

If you haven't seen already we also updated the Nod Vehicles section with the new Stealth Tank and Shock Artillery, expect more updates very soon!

Last edited by Morpher on Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like this stuff.
Flesh Reapers is good, very good.
I didn't know that Titan makes music #Tongue

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

(I've removed several offtopic posts here to keep things clean, don't panic, continue the normal ontopic discussion, please Very Happy )

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hyper wrote:
Are you not on the Staff no more SMIFF?

Nope, I was barred from the TO cafe a long while ago, when it changed owners and Morpher left

Since then ive been residing in the TSR cafe watching and waiting while people just pass by #All_Coholic

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Then give us an update we'll put you back in business. #Tongue

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Morpher, get this man back in!

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd love to, but I can't get back in the TO cafe... something about the BuildConst being broken Sad.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...*dies*

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hyper wrote:
...*dies*

Laughing

Audiopulse
Railgun Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Man, seriously, I laughed so hard...

yup, neptune size!

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Morpher wrote:
I'd love to, but I can't get back in the TO cafe... something about the BuildConst being broken Sad.

Laughing

That was ztyping hilarious.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BuildConst issues aside, I'd like to say I've included a small G.D.I. unit download package in our forums for those who may perhaps need a voxel or two. I'll add some additional media periodically for you to look at and use.

Keep eyes and ears open for more updates very soon!

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know it's been a long time but I have news to post regarding Tiberian Odyssey for a change! I've recently been working on the 4.2 build after releasing a new internal build. There's not much fun in me simply showing you changelogs and how I've reorganised a few files and etc but at least you know the mod has activity.

However, I have some new recent screens of Tiberian Odyssey up in the maps forum on a new map Sunken Island so make sure to have a look Smile.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good thing TO isn't on hold or anything.

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow TO isn't dead yet. I have been thinking for a fair while that it was:P

So yeah good to see that your still working on it, even though it is practically vapour ware now:)

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It isn't. #Tongue Vapourware is onky that when people start placing release dates and stuff.

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Figure of speech mate:P

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yet some more news if you wander over to the Nod Structures forums you can check out some new concept artwork for some of our buildings. Here's a quick preview:

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yet again I have more news to post as we're actually pretty active and busy at the moment. Check out more of our concepts in updated topics, which are currently being moddelled, we will hopefully have images of them up for you.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It looks a bit flimsy, the turret...but the rest of it seems pretty sturdy.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess that less armoured defences prevents turtling #Tongue

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damn you Orac, a direct hit on my strategy D:

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Remember this is just a gattling gun, people, it's not a giant cannon of death (see firestorm cannon or obelisk of light for that, lol). It doesn't have to be heavily armoured, it's cheap and simple, I like it that way.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

(and does a good job in ripping people apart) since it's unmanned there's no harm for GDI troops ^^

Hydraw Art on Facebook

jerry32j
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

|Remove Please|

"But what about the Tiberium!?"
-Nod Tib Harv, Tib War III

Last edited by jerry32j on Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's enough. Stop bumping old TO-topics for these cheap so-called "jokes" of yours. If you haven't got anything worth a post, don't post.

jerry32j
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

|Remove Please|

"But what about the Tiberium!?"
-Nod Tib Harv, Tib War III

Last edited by jerry32j on Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
And all of TO is old.... Not much has changed since I last showed up. That was a couple months ago. Other than a few concept updates, the forums looked pretty dead to me.

Many people don't like to post WIPs publicly, and you don't get staff access just for being a fan.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

By that logic every screenshot is a WIP until the mod is finished, neh?

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To some extent, but the stuff in public screens tends to be the finished objects.

Audiopulse
Railgun Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jerry32j wrote:
Quote:
Titan said: it's cheap and simple, I like it that way.

Is that how you like your women, too, Titan?
(JK! JK! Don't shoot me!!!)

xD

Thats quite an offense

Audiopulse
Railgun Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

See, jerry, what I just wanted to tell: Some things arent funny. I in Titans stead would be quite upset about that cheap-woman-comment - I can take a joke - but not even my closest friends would ever say something like that. Particularly because they all know my girlfriend. I assume shednt like being referred to as "cheap" as well.

That joke was just not funny. Thats my statement and my very own opinion. End of discussion.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This mod has my vote, certainly!

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My too. Wink

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I voted #Tongue

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would rather vote TO when it's closer to completion, but w/e...

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah... there's no way this can be mod of the year when theres not much to see...

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do I hear another volunteer? Which position would you like to fill?

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not interested in helping TO out, you expect everyone is?

Maybe two-three years ago that'd be a different story.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think he meant beta-testing #Tongue

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
I'm not interested in helping TO out, you expect everyone is?

Orac was just joking, obviously.

OmegaBolt wrote:
Maybe two-three years ago that'd be a different story.

What is that supposed to mean?

Audiopulse
Railgun Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hes pointing at the long development-time TO has taken up till now

yup, neptune size!

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Long is hardly the world. The TO website is a nostalgia wave. Holy shit. TiberiumSun, Ackron... woah.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Audiopulse wrote:
hes pointing at the long development-time TO has taken up till now
Actually I was saying the mod looked a lot better 2-3 years ago, and I had interest in it then.

But none of you should take offence from that, I'm sure you'll do a top quality job, just not necessarily my cup of tea.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Volgin wrote:
Long is hardly the world. The TO website is a nostalgia wave. Holy shit. TiberiumSun, Ackron... woah.

lol, I was lookin at it a few weeks ago. It is good for brainstorming - especially the new set of Riot Police.
It is weird to see the differences between then and now, though.

@Morpher: Keyboard is back. BIOS is reset.

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
Actually I was saying the mod looked a lot better 2-3 years ago, and I had interest in it then.

How did things look better?

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Simply the thing that TO looks like some sort of Mental Omega.In time,interest goes away,I guess.Nothing as original such as new stuff like Vef's mod,Robopope's work,etc.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, we're still going strong, but life as per usual seems to be a constant barrier for delays in work and lack of work. Still, things get done, builds get put together and progress on TO continues. We're getting ever so much closer to a good solid release candidate.

Coming Soon: New G.D.I. Naval Fleet!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 4 [183 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon