Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:48 pm
All times are UTC + 0
[all] Lag and Skip When Drawing
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
burton6747
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:26 am    Post subject:  [all] Lag and Skip When Drawing
Subject description: And few miscellaneous suggestions in this subject.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When you drag the draw or erase tool it skips around alot....i don't like this, it should be 100% accurate, coloring/erasing everywhere the brush goes. This is a balance change though because the faster you move the tool, the more it skips...while this may be its intended purpose...i was using speed to speed up coloring/erasing. And the thing about the color 0X000...im assuming this is the default color of the erase tool as well, I wish it were 0XFFF (white)...people that don't know the color 0X000 is black, yet invisible ingame might wonder why when they erase its black or why new images are black, Although changing the default color of erase and the background to white wouldn't be a good idea...lol...its certainly something worth considering as a preference option. Or if not this than allow the erase tool to have right-click as a second color. Erase really is useless in the sense that all you have to do to equivalate it is pick the color 0X000 with the draw brush...same thing. Okay now addressing the brush sizes...can we get bigger brushes?...at least a little bigger than what the largest size is, and making the (+/-) buttons on the left of the keyboard the shortcuts to upsize/downsize...these are closest to the mouse and i can use them with my thumb.

These are related to step skipping...
1. When loading SHPBuilder, Theres no default prompt...or blank image. When i first started using this program i thought it didnt work but i was like oh you gotta go to "file" first.
2. The default tool is the color selector...there's no colors to select when creating a new shp, makes no sense to have this as a default tool...the draw tool should be the default tool. In the case that you open a saved file...i can see where it might be more feasible to have the dropper as the default tool.
3. Erase ALL...would prevent from having to close and open a new shp image. Certainly dont wanna try to erase everything with a small brush.
4. Add the zoom feature to the "View" tab. This seems pointless but I'm used to it being there in any other app and thats the first place i searched for it when i needed to use it for the first time...i was like oh come on theres no zoom...then my blinded ass saw it under the tools.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Um What does the "Remove Useless Shadows" tool do?...i assume it would remove the lime green shadows, but when i click on it it doesn't do anything.

This is another Major thing...The Color Replace Dialog Box...Okay I have an Image open and wanting to do some color replacing. Basically I have to use the dropper and get all the colors and write down the numbers on paper, then write down next to them all their replacements. Then open the color replace dialog and start entering....or I can do each color one by one from the image and click ok and ill end up opening that dialog over and over and over. Screw that. Put a dropper tool in the dialog box and allow it to have access to your image to get the colors. problem solved.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've created an announcements to explain the forum rules, thanks to you.

Please read it and make sure this topic follows it:
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19771

Quote:
When you drag the draw or erase tool it skips around alot....i don't like this, it should be 100% accurate, coloring/erasing everywhere the brush goes. This is a balance change though because the faster you move the tool, the more it skips...while this may be its intended purpose...i was using speed to speed up coloring/erasing. And the thing about the color 0X000...im assuming this is the default color of the erase tool as well, I wish it were 0XFFF (white)...people that don't know the color 0X000 is black, yet invisible ingame might wonder why when they erase its black or why new images are black, Although changing the default color of erase and the background to white wouldn't be a good idea...lol...its certainly something worth considering as a preference option. Or if not this than allow the erase tool to have right-click as a second color. Erase really is useless in the sense that all you have to do to equivalate it is pick the color 0X000 with the draw brush...same thing. Okay now addressing the brush sizes...can we get bigger brushes?...at least a little bigger than what the largest size is, and making the (+/-) buttons on the left of the keyboard the shortcuts to upsize/downsize...these are closest to the mouse and i can use them with my thumb.

It was never intended to do that, although the way the program was coded to render the images and preview demands a total recode. It really does a hard check on which tool you are using, how to preview it, etc... and usually render the whole image again, for each time you hover the mouse over the image with a drawing tool. So, only a total recode of the program will solve this issue.

If you download the latest version on the SVN, you'll see a View -> Preview Brush option. Uncheck it and it will not preview the brush, reducing the lag very lightly. And I mean veeeery lightly. You'll hardly notice any difference.

Quote:
1. When loading SHPBuilder, Theres no default prompt...or blank image. When i first started using this program i thought it didnt work but i was like oh you gotta go to "file" first.

Most people doesn't start a new image. They usually edit one, so I prefer to give them the freedom to choose between starting a new one or loading an existing one rather than forcing a new one at the start.

Quote:
2. The default tool is the color selector...there's no colors to select when creating a new shp, makes no sense to have this as a default tool...the draw tool should be the default tool. In the case that you open a saved file...i can see where it might be more feasible to have the dropper as the default tool.

The colour selector tool is the tool that least lags the program, specially for those who are importing big images or editing existing resources. Also, it is the most neutral tool. Many people complained, when the pen was the default tool, that they actually accidentally painted the opened image because of it.

Quote:
3. Erase ALL...would prevent from having to close and open a new shp image. Certainly dont wanna try to erase everything with a small brush.

????

Quote:
4. Add the zoom feature to the "View" tab. This seems pointless but I'm used to it being there in any other app and thats the first place i searched for it when i needed to use it for the first time...i was like oh come on theres no zoom...then my blinded ass saw it under the tools.

Kinda pointless, but it can be done. Actually, it is very pointless.

Quote:
Um What does the "Remove Useless Shadows" tool do?...i assume it would remove the lime green shadows, but when i click on it it doesn't do anything.

This tool was created for Tiberian Sun, not for Tiberian Dawn. It removes the shadow pixels from the last half of the animation.

Quote:
This is another Major thing...The Color Replace Dialog Box...Okay I have an Image open and wanting to do some color replacing. Basically I have to use the dropper and get all the colors and write down the numbers on paper, then write down next to them all their replacements. Then open the color replace dialog and start entering....or I can do each color one by one from the image and click ok and ill end up opening that dialog over and over and over. Screw that. Put a dropper tool in the dialog box and allow it to have access to your image to get the colors. problem solved.

That idea sounds interesting. I'll work on it in a later time. In the mean time, I recommend notepad, since you don't spend your room space with papers #Tongue.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you're gonna do that, just make sure the "Replace With" Part has access to a second image. (I guess both images would need to be of the same palette) So you can do "Replace Color" from one image and "Replace With" a color from a second Image, Then that'll allow me to create a list of exactly which colors are replaced by which, then make that to be able to be saved as a Colour Scheme. Also make it to where you can type in the colors, instead of selecting them from the palette in case you already have it written down somewhere. If youre colour replacing 2 images with different palettes, show the palette of the image your replacing, then when you get a color from the second image, show the palette for that image...if the palette of the first image doesnt have the color in the palette of the second image, either don't let you replace, or replace while changing the color in the first palette with that color. Then be able to save the new palette.

burton6747
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In the Colour Replace Dialog, Add a checkbox under the "Apply to all Frames"..."Apply to all Images"
Allow Colour Replace to have access to all images on the screen instead of just one. Allow it to be able to save and load colour replace lists. (The idea of turning this into a full palette converter/scheme maker is up to you. It would be worth it I think.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum