Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:55 am
All times are UTC + 0
Do you want ROTD 2.8 or an inofficial C&C95 expansion pack?
Moderators: Reaperrr, red_rebel
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 3 [118 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next

What do you want first? ROTD 2.8 or C&C95 expansion?
RotD 2.8
28%
 28%  [ 20 ]
C&C95 expansion pack
71%
 71%  [ 50 ]
Total Votes : 70

whiteshoes-n-gloves
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow, its a modder war, lol. BTW, hows that bad BMP image for help, can u make heads or tails of what the missions about yet? and which bits are a real pain to implement, im sure ive thrown in something anoying... lol.
-Liam

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
I have yet to see a functional RA upgrade from you :p

Hey, im busy, i got work, and i have to help you with TD. Once i get started, RA will own your TD patch... BOY! #Tongue

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know. because I'm not as good as you. Which is why I wanted you to work on TD too #Tongue

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

whiteshoes-n-gloves wrote:
wow, its a modder war, lol. BTW, hows that bad BMP image for help, can u make heads or tails of what the missions about yet? and which bits are a real pain to implement, im sure ive thrown in something anoying... lol.
-Liam

hehe don't worry, I might change a few things here and there, but otherwise it's good enough Smile

@Hyper: I dunno, are there any RA1 mods in the making that are equally/more promising than this? If not, please help Nyerguds a bit more, because you would indirectly help me as well Wink
A separate button for "skirmish" mode and some additional "slots" for weapons, projectiles, warheads & units would be a good start, at least tell Nyer how to do these, that's the most important stuff for now.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Will it work with TFD?

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gufu wrote:
Will it work with TFD?

Yup.
It will probably even work on its own Wink

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Reaperrr wrote:
@Hyper: I dunno, are there any RA1 mods in the making that are equally/more promising than this? If not, please help Nyerguds a bit more, because you would indirectly help me as well Wink
A separate button for "skirmish" mode and some additional "slots" for weapons, projectiles, warheads & units would be a good start, at least tell Nyer how to do these, that's the most important stuff for now.

Working on both is not a problem, its just finding time to sit down and really research. All of what you said can be done, but, the skirmish, making it actualy do something on click is the hard part >_>

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hyper wrote:
Reaperrr wrote:

Working on both is not a problem, its just finding time to sit down and really research. All of what you said can be done, but, the skirmish, making it actualy do something on click is the hard part >_>

Well additional units, weapons and so on is more important to me than the skirmish button, so let's concentrate on those first Wink

whiteshoes-n-gloves
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And always remember Kiddies, smoking is bad for your stealth!
-Liam

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...so? That's not a bug, that's just the clashing of two game mechanics. If your stealth tank smokes... too bad, try to get it back to base ASAP.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All menus are now centered Smile

I should still test the Null modem one... (with the TCP-COM tool), but theoretically the hack is sound, and it should work.

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just a simple logo by bricks @ raminator, on Flickr

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Null modem screen tested with my bro - everything works fine, and I'm ready to release my new upgrade pack Smile

Now if only I could put more icons in that sidebar -_-

whiteshoes-n-gloves
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I dont think yo got the joke somehow nyr...
-Liam
Stealth rhymes with health...

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

..oh, right, didn't get that, lol -_-

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

raminator wrote:
@Reaprrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:

thx Smile
If only I had any 3d modeling skills XD
But maybe I can get someone else to do them Wink

you don´t need that much skill to crate some models...
just some primitives 3 grey materials and a simple camouflage texture #Tongue

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

focusing your efforts on modding RA1 seems to make much more sense

an RA1 mod with TD Nod and GDI sides would be cool, not very creative but cool

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFFGIG wrote:
focusing your efforts on modding RA1 seems to make much more sense

an RA1 mod with TD Nod and GDI sides would be cool, not very creative but cool

That might be true, BUT:
That will only be possible once our knowledge on the RA95.exe matches or even exceeds our current knowledge about the C&C95.exe.
We need the ability to add new units, buildings, animations, warheads and weapons to the game, otherwise this won't be possible. AFAIK, Hyper is planning to work on that, but I don't see a reason why I shouldn't work on the C&C95 exp until Hyper has made enough progress (and since he's quite busy most of the time, that might take a while...).

I mean, what stops me from shifting the focus to RA1 once the C&C expansion is done Wink

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

not to mention, re-implementing C&C1 code and stuff like that would be a mess.

example to prove my point: Nod airstrip.

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
not to mention, re-implementing C&C1 code and stuff like that would be a mess.

example to prove my point: Nod airstrip.

The obelisks laser weapon and the Ion Cannon are other examples. We'd surely have to make some sacrifices...

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tiberium Damage, Visceroids, nuke that whipes out more then just infantry #Tongue

FekLeyrTarg
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you ask me: I want both of them. Wink

That poll has given me some ideas like featuring some cnc95xp features in rotd.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wel, here is my current changes list for my C&C95 1.06 project. This will both be released as independent patch and be used as basis for this project.

http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/junk/project1.6.txt

Any input about the changes I'm still considering are welcome, especially on adding the Covert Ops and console missions.

[edit]

Woo, just found out how I can re-enable the hospital sell exception, to make it unsellable again like in the original DOS version Smile

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, that's a nice list you've got there Nyer... Good job!

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

btw...what happend to the "cnc tech center"?

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

its still up, but i dont think its ready yet.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wut? There some a inside bombing, so they suspended the domain #Tongue

Anyhow...

"Requires lots of work and research:
-implement rules.ini reading instead of remaking the unit type functions"

lots or work?, try, TONS of work #Tongue

And didnt i already show you how to extend the CovOps list?

whiteshoes-n-gloves
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hahaha, I just came up with a new idea for a mission, you play as Nod and have to move into a civi population and kidnap Greg Burdett! Laughing
I just thought this would be awsome... would be nice to see nod with some technicals, lol.
-Liam

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice patch Nyerguds Smile

whiteshoes-n-gloves
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dunno about anyone else, but thay link aint working for me Nyerguds.
-Liam

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tibweb forums are down...mr shoes

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Patch 1.06 for TD was released, news and links are on PlanetCNC

Btw, it was me who asked Nyer if he could enable skirmish by disabling the human player check in LAN games Wink

A great patch, and a great foundation for my expansion Smile

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very cool.

whiteshoes-n-gloves
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cheers, and yeah, I agree reaprrr, this is a cool patch. Speaking of cool stuff for CnC, how IS that expantion coming along (I assume theres still a HELL of a way to go) just wondering what you've devised for your expantion? or is it top secret? lol
-Liam

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Liam: well, I guess he couldn't really start before this was done.

Reaperrr wrote:
Btw, it was me who asked Nyer if he could enable skirmish by disabling the human player check in LAN games Wink

Well, you're credited for giving me suggestions Wink

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Infantry can shoot while theyre moving, but no anim is played etc. Didnt notice it before so badly... but probably was there

Noticed infantry sometimes go near a tree and dont attack or move or anything.

Also on the GDI mission... 10 is it? Where you destroy the turrets and Gun Boats arrive? Well they dont attack anything.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-I know about this. In fact, the infantry display a single frame from their firing animation that's usually gone too fast to see it. Only happens with AI infantry anyway.

-attack trees? whut?

-The gunboat's weapon is removed in that mission (though I haven't found the code that actually does that). They're SUPPOSED to be sitting ducks to demonstrate the Obelisk's power.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:

-attack trees? whut?

No, I mean they get stuck on trees it seems. But not really ON them, just really close and wont retaliate etc. #Tongue In fact I think that happened mostly on the Gun Boat mission, and one or two before.

Nyerguds wrote:
-The gunboat's weapon is removed in that mission (though I haven't found the code that actually does that). They're SUPPOSED to be sitting ducks to demonstrate the Obelisk's power.

Thats... a bit lame. They should have just reduced the Boats armour or something, because they do survive long enough to look bugged.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

um what? An obelisk takes out a gunboat in a single shot anyway...

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:

huh? are you sure? I mean, the Laser does 200 HP damage at best, and the gunboat has more than 200 HP, iirc. Unless WW changed that for the mission, too.

Nyerguds is right, I couldn't really fully start before this patch, at least not without having to start from scratch in some areas after the patch was released.

As i mentioned I'm planning some balance changes and there was little point in implementing them before the 1.06 exe is out. And since those balance changes will affect singleplayer missions as well, I concentrated on making some preparations (for example an Excel table that contains all weapon & warhead statistics and corresponding formulas, so that I can easily see what effect a certain change will have), preliminary balance tests and helping Nyer in getting as much improvements into the patch as possible.

Work on the expansion will speed up from now on Smile

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:

Takes two shots IIRC.

Also noticed that when I want to load a GDI mission it asks me to insert the Nod disk for whatever reason.

whiteshoes-n-gloves
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sweet, sounds good then anyway.
oh, and the Obelisk DOES kill a gun boat in one shot, try it on either of the stealth tank missions (you know the one I mean, where you play as nod and have to recapture the base).
-Liam

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
Nyerguds wrote:

Takes two shots IIRC.

Also noticed that when I want to load a GDI mission it asks me to insert the Nod disk for whatever reason.

That's a bug in patch 1.06, Nyer has already released an update (1.06a rev. 2).

btw, the cnc95 exp now has a name and a forum: http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/index.php?f=561

PUOJACKZ
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

secret wrote:
I say you should continue RotD,as TD has an more limited engine,here you have ETS,which can help you much more.

Something I was interested to do in case RotD fails,was to create an TS/YR mod intended to be something in-between TD and TS/RA1 and TD,but this remained just an idea.

I don't wanna let you down, but there's already a mod that import TD on C&C 3. I believe that this would be enough for a modded C&C 1.

C&C1 Reloaded (expansion pack) is very interesting, and consider that C&C TD is like a Temple. Everyone adored it.

Now that C&C1 is Abandonware, maybe it's a good idea to add a rock-patch like (like C&C Red Alert 2/YR)?

Some ideas:

* Rules.ini like C&C RA

* Not hardcoded units (first introduced in Tiberian Sun)

* There's any way to import the Skirmish engine present in Red Alert? Or maybe add some features like C&C Red Alert 2 panel-like for Buildings and Structures (putting Superweapons in a tab, airplanes in other and so on?).

* Another idea was to add some more airplanes: es. harriers for GDI and MIGs for NOD (enabling air-to-air combat, like in the cinematic).

* Another one is improve the single-player campaign map, adding more missions points. If someone would add SP-maps, can script the game in order to make the player access to more continents (like C&C Red Alert Retaliation does).

* Introducing the paratroops logic (already seen in the cinematics).

* Another one is to create an other-side campaign: for example, play the NOD missions, using GDI and defend the base from assault from a now AI (and no more Human) player.

* Introducing the in-house campaign, like what seen in C&C Red Alert (that you play inside buildings, with restricted number of soldiers), in C&C TD.

* Introducing a Battle of The Ring logic in C&C TD, with multiplay or AI enemies.

* Fixing the Nuclear missiles, letting the Temple of NOD fire more.

* Introduce battle in the cities, with new civilian building and texture (ex. pentagon, in order to introduce a secret survival kamikaze mission, where Seth want to send you before being killed by Kane).

These are some ideas. Consider them, if you can.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PUOJACKZ wrote:
Now that C&C1 is Abandonware, maybe it's a good idea to add a rock-patch like (like C&C Red Alert 2/YR)?

Suppose you have not heard what Nyerguds and myself are doing #Tongue

PUOJACKZ wrote:
Some ideas:

1. Rules.ini like C&C RA

2. Not hardcoded units (first introduced in Tiberian Sun)

3. There's any way to import the Skirmish engine present in Red Alert? Or maybe add some features like C&C Red Alert 2 panel-like for Buildings and Structures (putting Superweapons in a tab, airplanes in other and so on?).

4. Another idea was to add some more airplanes: es. harriers for GDI and MIGs for NOD (enabling air-to-air combat, like in the cinematic).

5. Another one is improve the single-player campaign map, adding more missions points. If someone would add SP-maps, can script the game in order to make the player access to more continents (like C&C Red Alert Retaliation does).

6. Introducing the paratroops logic (already seen in the cinematics).

7. Another one is to create an other-side campaign: for example, play the NOD missions, using GDI and defend the base from assault from a now AI (and no more Human) player.

8. Introducing the in-house campaign, like what seen in C&C Red Alert (that you play inside buildings, with restricted number of soldiers), in C&C TD.

9. Introducing a Battle of The Ring logic in C&C TD, with multiplay or AI enemies.

10. Fixing the Nuclear missiles, letting the Temple of NOD fire more.

11. Introduce battle in the cities, with new civilian building and texture (ex. pentagon, in order to introduce a secret survival kamikaze mission, where Seth want to send you before being killed by Kane).

These are some ideas. Consider them, if you can.

1. Possible, alot of work though, mapping the classes would be the hardest

2. Kinda the same, hard to do but possbile

3. Not gonna happen

6. Urm, no? #Tongue

9. No

Reaperr does not write the hacks, me and Nyerguds do, plus dont make this into a hacking request topic.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

#7 is ridiculous. the campaign enemy always starts with a base, so if you got that base, all you'd need to do is rush the AI's palyer-perspective starting point. And then we're not even talking about how an AI can't be programmed to deploy an MCV...

I've really wanted to look into #10 though (multiple nuke).

Can't be too hard to find now though; it's probably one of the many game mode checks.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, i had the SuperClass a while back, should look for it again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 3 [118 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon