Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:35 am
All times are UTC + 0
3ds2vxl Problem mk2
Moderators: Community Tools Developpers
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Dny
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject:  3ds2vxl Problem mk2 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I apologize cuz there is a topic with a problem of 3ds2voxel Delete this topic if this is rong

Anyways i have this problem of 3ds2voxel actually i Downloaded it about 3 Days ago and when i try to Run it it Crashes and says:
"This application has failed to start because SDL.dll was not found.Re-installing the aplication may fix this problem."
I have not tryed to Re-installing it because it comes in a .zip file
CAN SOMEONE SUPPORT ME PLEASE Sad

ViPr
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dny
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mmm....The link appears to be death or my Internet is soo crap
Can you please post another link or ,i will be very grateful if someone post me the update PLEASE!

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The link works. Try to reload.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know which link Dny was talking about, but Icy's site (sidewinderx.sytes.net) doesn't seem to work, and the patch is hosted there.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Try getting 3ds2vxl from YRARG.

As far as I remember,its there too.

And all .sytes.net(cnc com. related)websites are down for few good months,including PPC or how it was named...

Dny
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
I don't know which link Dny was talking about, but Icy's site (sidewinderx.sytes.net) doesn't seem to work, and the patch is hosted there.

yea sorry my mistake, and yes i was actually talking about that link (sidewinderx.sytes.net)

secret wrote:
Try getting 3ds2vxl from YRARG.

As far as I remember,its there too.

I actually downloaded it from there

Is there another link to the patch or another place where i can download 3ds2voxel?
PLEASE HELP ME

ViPr
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i'm sorry about this ridiculous situation. this happened because i am not so experienced in using DLL files with my program.

you have the correct 3ds2vxl because YRARG links to the official download however the official download does not include the necessary DLL files which are also needed to run 3ds2vxl. you have to get them seperately. IcySon55 made a download with all the DLL files and also patched the GUI of 3ds2vxl but since his download seems to be not working we have to tell him or you will have to find the DLL files by yourself on the internet

i may have found them. try to put the files from these zips in the folder with the 3ds2vxl.exe

http://www.libsdl.org/release/SDL-1.2.13-win32.zip
http://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_image/release/SDL_image-1.2.6-win32.zip

Arikado
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
sidewinderx.sytes.net

You can't connect to it because the computer that is hosting it is turned off. It'll be back in 3 weeks when Icy returns.

Quote:
PPC

It's been dead since June and will never come back.

Dny
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ViPr wrote:
i'm sorry about this ridiculous situation. this happened because i am not so experienced in using DLL files with my program.

Dont worry everyone makes mistakes Smile
ViPr wrote:

i may have found them. try to put the files from these zips in the folder with the 3ds2vxl.exe

Hey thanks! it works now
Just to clear things out when it converts a .3DS it saves the voxel as .File
and when i open the file ,the voxel is all grey is this normal? Confused

ViPr
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no, it's supposed to have color similar to the 3d model, and you need to write .vxl on the end of the voxel file name in the 3ds2vxl settings.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
PPC

It's been dead since June and will never come back.[/quote]

Why? Confused

Dny
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ViPr wrote:
no, it's supposed to have color similar to the 3d model, and you need to write .vxl on the end of the voxel file name in the 3ds2vxl settings.

Resolved the .vxl problem but not the one of the colors mmm....maybe is because the models have a skin? or that does not matter?

ViPr
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i don't know what you mean by the 3d models having a skin.

what file format are your pictures that you use for textures?

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He mean the model he want to do .vxl use a skin.

So he mean:

Maybe the program cant convert the skin on it? to a texture in a .vxl format

Dny
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm converting 3DS i actually Downloaded the Models from here i think they where originaly for Generals/Zero Hour, the folder comes with the models and another folder named ,textures that contains skins of the models, why don you check them please

@Lamoot:(if you see this) thanks for the models ,the autors will get full credit

ViPr
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok try with the TGA files in the same folder as the 3DS files.

Dny
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No effect.....*tests* mmm at least i guve them color just converted the .TGA to .BMP and used Apply texture on Voxel Section Editor III guves me a crazy disguise! #Tongue.....but if is there another way please share it with me please Smile

ViPr
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

do not apply textures in the voxel section editor!

i know what the problem is. some of the models have no material and the ones that have a material have got the texture filename wrong. for instance try renaming AAHarrier.tga to Harrier.tga

my program will actually tell you what the filenames are that it needs when it asks you to confirm the voxelization. it's hidden with all the other text but look for where you see HARRIER.PSD . that is the texture filename and i believe it is a photoshop file but my program cannot load photoshop files so it looks for another file version with the same name.

i may have to reprogram something to allow my program to search even wider for closest matches, if i can manage to do it, in order to avoid this problem in future.

Dny
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for all the help now it converts with all the colors tested with Harrier and GrizzlyTank ,but tested with Hovercraft renamed .tga file from ANHovercraft to Hovercraft but with no efect, the voxel was all grey also the same with Rhino ,Flak Track , MigBomber and the result of the v3 is that the entire voxel was black

ViPr
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it appears that the hovercraft's texture should be called HOVER1 and it is a PSD file so it should probably be converted to something else. i suspect the other files have got other problems. it's just a giant mess.

Dny
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok thanks that solved all my questions, Thanks ViPr

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum