Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:06 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Help Wanted
Moderators: Fallout Wars Moderators, IVI
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject:  Help Wanted Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, so here's the real deal. OMGz I NEED HELP Shocked .

I've been very very busy IRL and can't spend hours staring at a screen animating every creature and making MS Paint buildings pixel by pixel.
Like what I said to some people, I will not go back on my word. I will finish this mod and release it. Smile

It's just that if I'm going to do it all by myself it'll probably take a year (maybe 2) AFTER I graduate from University (which is next year). And then of course, I'll probably be doing other things (like practicing my major for one) so realistically speaking, the mod might really take some time Shocked

So all in all, I'll be accepting help in all forms for the Fallout mod.
currently Bako Ikaporamee is helping me out with the terrain and some of the raiders. Smile

Bako'Ikaporamee
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's a pleasure to help out. Peace out, war in Smile

Oh, fuggerbuggerrit!

Fire_at_will
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello, i'm not very good in making mod, (and i'm french so sorry if i write some false word Embarassed) but if i can help you for something, please contact me, i will help you as better as can.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't really have the time, but if you need artwork, graphics or something... I'll help you out. In honour of the Vault Dweller #Tongue

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

damn I'd really wish I could help but there are just 2 big factors on why I simply can't. 1 being that I too have just so much to do with in real life right now. 2 being that i just simply don't have motivation to work on CnC related modding things currently.
Not to mention that I could really only help with adding in my opinion and making an occasional map. Confused

but seriously I wish I could help because I love the idea behind taking Fallout and putting it to TS.

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

why do people post in such a topic if they have no time or cannot help at all?

just a simple logo by bricks @ raminator, on Flickr

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Like you just did? Razz
What kind of help do you actually need, IVI? What categories?

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

raminator wrote:
why do people post in such a topic if they have no time or cannot help at all?

simple. To let the people working on the mod know that there is interest in the mod and that they have others support.
Plus I said that I am currently too busy and not into the modding stuff. Notice the key word currently which means I very well may be able to do stuff for him later on once school and sports settle down and I will have time to do other things such as help with this.

More importantly is why do people post in the same threads bitching about people who post who can't help but wish they could?

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ixith,you are pretty close to 404 posts.Noticed that? #Tongue

Anyway,mod looks pretty cool,pretty bad I'm stuck right now with MW. #Tongue

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well IVI... perhaps you should stop drawing buildings pixel-by-pixel, and create buildings from 3ds, as well?

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

2 things:
1) It's MV #Tongue
2) Good luck, if you need anything simple doing like internetz searching or questions about game logics (not likely), add me on MSN an If I am free I will go digging for answers. Not much help, but no man was so foolish as he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Bako'Ikaporamee
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He shouldn't need too much internet search help as I am a vivid Fallout fan and I've already been stock-piling all sorts a stuff from the bowels of google.

Oh and Gufu, I make buildings that way too #Tongue.

Oh, fuggerbuggerrit!

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm talking about other things, weapon types and such, old vehicles to be "restored" into the IVI ranks etc.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ topicstarter: tell us what you need, so we can see if we can help you Wink

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well IVI I can't help directly, as my hands are already tied with several projects -
However, if you want, I'll allow you the latest XTX build when I get it together (that is, unless DaTS, Darkrose, or LKO are opposed to the idea for whatever reason)

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks for the support guys. Moral support is also welcome too as seeing people being interested in this gives inspiration to work.

anyway,
Help with regards to infantry would be most helpful (in particular weird creatures from the result of mutation). Unlike other modders in our forum, my imagination with regards to the twisted and the bizzare is pretty poor and I can't come up with a good creature to make Embarassed . I also need some help with mapping. Mapping will come after the doodads are finished.

The more creatures available for neutral creeps the merrier.

I will most assuredly work on the mod actively after this semester, that would be early october.

Other things that need to be done (which will take significant time).
- lots of civie models
- tribals
- ricketty buildings (the likes of what you'll see in the midwest America).

@ Gufu, yeah that's good advice. But I don't have time to master another program, let alone the proper specs to get 3ds to work. Perhaps this coming sem break I will focus on the problem and actually get 3ds to work on my system.

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well when the time comes that mapping can start up on this mod then just give me a PM. who knows I may have regained modding interest and may actually have time then. Razz

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just give a yell for the critters... #Tongue

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I've been working on a Paladin Tank that matches the real thing, unlike CnC's version of the tank in Generals.

I'm working on several models actually, one for each faction and then a few eyecandy versions.

Would you like me to try and make a rusted-up tank for use in your mod?

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks but I don't have any problems with making tanks (which reminds me, I should be posting pictures of them in the units section). it's the critters and infantry that I have a problem with. Smile

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah probably so. It would just have gotten me more involved and a better reason to work more on it.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think I could crank out at least one sexy map for your mod, IVI.
Fallout Wars is a project I've always wanted to take part in - very creative and original.

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Starkiller
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can help you out! It's the holiday now and i can use the com for some time but i can only do things with SHp builder (i don't have 3d studios max what whatever it's called).

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon