Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:24 pm
All times are UTC + 0
XTX progress report
Moderators: daTS, Gangster, Team Black
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [69 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:14 am    Post subject:  XTX progress report Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

post 1000 I released the voxel truck pack
post 2000 I gave an excellent preview of the Tiberian Odyssey campaign
Now for post 3000 I'm pleased to finally give you some XTX eye candy.

Behold:

This schmecksy monstrosity of a train station is the work of Lin Kuei Ominae, which is actually several buildings in one - and even features a transparent glass roof!

You may recognize some other objects in this shot, like the street lights and railroad crossings that are in Odyssey and Twisted Insrrection - that is because these mods already feature material from XTX, though the public version is currently under way.
As soon as the first internal build is together, we'll start work on some snow theater XTX, as well as some marble madness tiles. Cheers, PPM! Smile

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Last edited by Team Black on Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Woha, nice! I do hope the Train Station is made so that the train doesn't destroy it when entering it #Tongue

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

of course.
and it's up to you if you use the outer railway entraces or the one in the middle. Wink

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just wondering, is it possible to make units use the trainstation as a safe passage to cross tracks?

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Only if it's converted to terrain (made into a tunnel), but that 'll be quite a pain for both Lin Kuei Ominae and the mappers to get right... Too much trouble for a too small achievement really.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Godofgamers
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome, we got the streetlamps. Nice work so far.

By the way, I think that the old concrete shores were better.

Liten
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The 2 things at the side of the train station, what is that????

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Civilian Fusion Power Plants.

Liten
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aha, those things that the stupid Globotech Company forgot to place in you new map, right???

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is X.T.X. Buddy, Not Twisted Insurrection.

Liten
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But it´s still the same game, right???

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The mods are for the same game yes...

Liten
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*Ta-daa* Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the power plants are outdated,
or at least they should be.. I made a new one for it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Julius Clonkus
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks nice. Will the rail barriers rise and lower with the gate logic in-game? Very Happy

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Surprised That's very nice work LKO! You seem to surprise me every time. Keep it up! Wink

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks for the good comments.

Julius Clonkus wrote:
Looks nice. Will the rail barriers rise and lower with the gate logic in-game? Very Happy

yep, but for this to work, the mapper has to use an invisible dummy unit which always stands on the gate (to keep it open) and if a train comes near, leaves the gate for this while (to close the gate), then returns back on the gate.
A lot of trigger work for the mapper, but the barriers as gates work already.

Public SHPs

Tools

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why isn't there an open/close gate trigger? Crying or Very sad

Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I see a problem with that gate logic thing through the triggers... Though a dummy unit would be useful, but what would you do if that dummy unit happened to be killed? And if there was a trigger made to replace it, what will happen if that one as well was destroyed? Wouldn't that cause problems?

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can make units invincible... Like tiberium trees.

Julius Clonkus
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Phobonaut wrote:
You can make units invincible... Like tiberium trees.

But still there's the nasty problem if the player uses a shitload of units close to the gate and the dummy unit can't move away from the gate properly, it will most likely try to take a shortcut by moving on the rails, and if the train comes it's BOOM and the dummy is dead. Trains crush everything, even Immune=yes.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just make the dummy unit a vehicle and IsTrain too.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IsTrain would cause it to destroy the gate when it stepped on it #Tongue

AntiHeo, I haven't gotten an shp version of the power plant you made...

The Team Black Index

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Julius Clonkus: the railway crossings are just eye-candy. imo you shouldn't worry too much about them and if they work correct. And since when does a player has problems to pass a civil gate while there isn't even wall next to the gate.

In addition, if i have to pass a city, there is no more a city when i'm through. Twisted Evil

Public SHPs

Tools

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the SHP is for public download as well, TB.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Personally, I prefere the old one. The new one looks... Red-Alert-2-ish.

Besides, the old one looks much more like the Nod and GDI powerplants, fitting in with the whole powerplant concept in TS.

Godofgamers
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree. The new one looks too.... different, in contrast with other buildings.

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You've never seen it? ... welcome to planet earth! *slaps head*

Godofgamers
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Who are you dissing and why?

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No offence but it's just that it's been on the forum for a while and me: the new guy, finds it before some people find it who have bin a lot longer on PPM as me Confused
Again, sorry if I've offendid someone Wink

Godofgamers
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's okay, but understand, not everyone has time to check every new post made every day. I was never aware that there was a new version, probably because I had moved to South Africa around the time it was posted, and had no internet access.

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're right.

Godofgamers
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Back to the topic at hand, I take it we're not going to use cliffs or shores like these?

Screenie.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  142.04 KB
 Viewed:  26769 Time(s)

Screenie.PNG

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Phobonaut wrote:
Just wondering, is it possible to make units use the trainstation as a safe passage to cross tracks?

I've been thinking. With the current XTX terrain it's possible to make a traintrack crossing as in the picture.

Could you guys make special terrain so the crossing looks... less chunky?

traincrossing.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  13.06 KB
 Viewed:  26745 Time(s)

traincrossing.JPG

!DarkRose
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Godofgamers wrote:
Back to the topic at hand, I take it we're not going to use cliffs or shores like these?

Yeah TB spoke to me about this a while ago and he said were not using those shores and cliffs now but instead using the original TX style.

Silly taco fumbling unicorns nocturnally launch basketballs, Hell March.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

correct. I decided to let Odyssey have the single line cliffs, and XTX have the traditional thick lines..

BTW, gog could you send me the tiles you've made for XTX, so I can put them into the current build?

The Team Black Index

Godofgamers
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sure, I'll have to quickly remake a couple things, but I'll get the tiles to you ASAP.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just saw your topic, is that all or is there more?

The Team Black Index

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whats the point,TO and TI looks almost the same? Very Happy

Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@vefbl4: TO and TI are two completely different mods, going different ways and different styles. Yes, they may be using some of the same terrain pieces, but that's pretty much the only similarities I can see, some of the Terrain Pieces... Besides the argument that the Nod Sidebar for TI looks like the TO one... Other then that, only the terrain pieces is what I can see that is similer in both mods.

Anyways... The Expansion to the terrain expansion is looking pretty good, TB. Keep at it with your staff Very Happy

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok,ok..dear genious, you are right ;as usual.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Besides the argument that the Nod Sidebar for TI looks like the TO one... Other then that, only the terrain pieces is what I can see that is similer in both mods.

I Don't think it does at all. Compare them, they're nothing alike. Just cause they have similar colors doesn't mean they look the same, It's Nod for God sake, what other colors are we going to use? Pink and Yellow? Neutral

Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I might... o.o; For the renegade factions in my mod Very Happy

Plus, I never looked at TO's sidebar, I'm only refrencing comments about how TI's sidebar looked like TO from the other people.

Godofgamers
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:
I just saw your topic, is that all or is there more?

There's a bit more, but I'm not sure how much of it is compatible with the current build.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Incompatible because of the thin stripe cliff? are the names of the cliffs conflicting with the XTX temert.ini?
- we can edit the tiles as we need to, I'm assembling a completely new build..

The Team Black Index

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does everyone forget my train crossing question?

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You said something? XD
No really, it's a good idea. Smile

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

small 1 cell big city cliff train tunnels are afaik already on the todo list. With these and the city cliff slopes it should be an easy job for the mapper to create your train crossing. Wink

Public SHPs

Tools

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know if tunnels should really be less than height=4, for the sake of big units like mammoths and disruptors and stuff

The Team Black Index

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon