Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:30 pm
All times are UTC + 0
[FS] Day of Defeat (Remix) (2)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Tazzy
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject:  [FS] Day of Defeat (Remix) (2)
Subject description: Terain Expansion Needed
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some people may even Remember this map when i VERY first released it 4 years ago when i FIRST started mapping.. And i can asure you it was bland, crap and more crap, but was my first map and i did not try very hard. But today i show you my Remix of it. (Still may not be mouth watering, but its an improvement)

Here are some Screen shots of the original Day of Defeat:

From them you can see what i was talking about, very bland, very crap.

Now let me show you:

[FS] Day of Defeat (Remix)

As you can see it is much of an improvement, I will be trying to add more features into this map. But for now i spiced it up a little with the custom terrian parts. Im releasing as a beta (again) and will fiz any bugs people find.

Please all Comments welcome.

Edit: The terain expansion is needed to play this map.

day of defeat (remix).zip
 Description:
The map

Download
 Filename:  day of defeat (remix).zip
 Filesize:  70.83 KB
 Downloaded:  320 Time(s)

Last edited by Tazzy on Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:10 pm; edited 2 times in total

Revolutionary
Commander

Location: Scotland, starting a Revolution Cameo: metricon. Posts:???

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks nice

i think ill reinstall the TX and play this map

only thing i would say is put something telling people the terain Expansion is needed

Tazzy
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes indeed should have added that, but i have added it into the post and in the topic description.

Hope you like the map Smile

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why is the TX needed? Those roads can be done with cut and paste.

I can see a graphical cliff error near that bridge...

Tazzy
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could you please point out this error As there are a few bridges? I dont seem to undertsand what you mean "graphical cliff error"

Also no these raods can not be done by copy and paste, These roads where done using the TX.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Those roads can be done with cut and paste.

lol, no Rolling Eyes

Nice use of TX, Taz. The lighting is a bit intense though, might want to tone that down a bit.

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Tazzy
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Smile

And its the the level or ambience setting that i should change lower?

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the colors themselves are what are too intense, I'd tone them down a bit - especially the blue and green.
Your invisible lightposts are also pretty intense, if you remember how to edit their values into your map.

keep in mind, some buildings aren't affected by the map's color, like the bridge repair hut there, all the player's buildings, CAARAY, CAARMR, and CAHOSP

The Team Black Index

MT
General

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tazzy wrote:
Could you please point out this error As there are a few bridges? I dont seem to undertsand what you mean "graphical cliff error"

I see one in the fourth screenshot (of the new ones), with the shadow of the bridge meeting the cliff.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think that screenshot was from the first version of his map..

Also Taz, remember to never ever ever change the 'level' setting.. that changes the amount of shading based on height (lower cells are darker)
if you increase this, it'll make everything REALLY light and dark, and if you decrease it, it'll make it neutral and boring..

(feels kind of odd giving you advice, as you've been making maps longer than I've been in the community #Tongue )

The Team Black Index

MT
General

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:

#Bandit

Tazzy
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black Ops wrote:

Also Taz, remember to never ever ever change the 'level' setting.. that changes the amount of shading based on height (lower cells are darker)
if you increase this, it'll make everything REALLY light and dark, and if you decrease it, it'll make it neutral and boring..

(feels kind of odd giving you advice, as you've been making maps longer than I've been in the community #Tongue )

So leave level settings alone? Got'ya.
No please help away, its been so long..... I forgotten about most things and the tricks of the trade so to speak.

As for this error how do i go about fixing it?

Sorry for the late reply, been busy sorting out my job interviews....

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To fix the problem: Just change that 2 into a 4 and replace the 5.

I'd also say you should mess with level... IMO the default makes higher terrain far too bright. If you want a dark map you should make the level really low so it all stays relatively dark. For a bright map, but you want lower levels dark increase the light level etc.

marble.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  29.18 KB
 Viewed:  6725 Time(s)

marble.PNG

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon