Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:47 am
All times are UTC + 0
Half-working Trains in TS
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Azkhare
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject:  Half-working Trains in TS Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I posted this long ago in the Research Forum (here) and I felt like it was a bit of needed, as anyone with new ideas could do something with that.

Quote:
Playing with the trick that a Factory with a foundation of 2x2 gets its produced vehicles out from the north east side to the south east, and with the new method for naval yards (here) (credits go to Morpher and Machine and whoever helped them/inspired them, whatever), I have been able to produce a Locomotive. It is easy once you think of it. I took the Waystation, the train-related civilian building, and gave it tech level buildable, factory=unittype and weaponsfactory=yes, buldable by any side(GDI, Nod and Civilians), an then I got to the Locomotive unit statistics and made them buildable by civilians, with techlevel=2 or so. Then I was available to build Locomotives from TS trains. It was really interesting, by one side, funny from the other, and dissapointing from the third.

Interesting because of the fact that it moved and acted just like the good old TS train, but only the locomotive.

Again, sorry if this is old news, and sorry for the bump, but I think we have something here.

Funny because, man, it is funny to to see one locomotive crushing the next one (pure boredom)

And dissapointing, because I enabled Train Cars, and didn't reacted at all. I think this could be due to the fact that it has to be attached to a locomotive to properly function. I don't know. It didn't let passengers in, nor did it move. Like if it had locomotor statue or something.

The building HAS to be placed alongside with the train tracks, or it won't work. And I mean, It has to be placed on the south-western side of a long enough track line for the Locomotive to get into the tracks.

Have fun with your trains!

Key Words: #Tutorials #Modding #TiberianSun #Firestorm #Rules.INI #Art.INI 

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mmmm, interesting.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I put in one of your pics to add to the tutorial

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Azkhare
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok.. uh... Team, thanks!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon