Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:26 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Superweapon Idea's
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [51 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Venom
Laser Commando

Location: Floating along the river Stix, just about inside Hades but not quite there.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:03 am    Post subject:  Superweapon Idea's Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey anybody got any Superweapon idea's? I've just come up with one called the Nexion Static Storm, most of you i think can figure it out if you think hard enough, but i want to add at least a second one for the Rischu side maybe a third. what do you think?

[img]http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/download.php?id=953[/img]

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Uh-Oh, this not gonna be easy... read the superweapon tutorials and superweapon research conclusions in the Advanced Tech Centre first..

Venom
Laser Commando

Location: Floating along the river Stix, just about inside Hades but not quite there.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah i've read those, i'm not quite sure what they mean, but i'm willling to do the coding if someone can do the graphics

The DvD

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

first make plans for new superweapons, then discuss them with someone here to find out if they're actually possible in TS..(PM me if you want, or ask in TS Barracks) then, it's up to you what TS superweapon you're willing to REPLACE. Crying or Very sad

Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Read the Super Weapon Conclusions DVD, it says how to do it there

The DvD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i did that Wink

but what's a nexion static storm? what does it do? freeze units?

oh and you could tell us how you're imagining these superweapons so we could think about how to do them

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How about the artilery cannon thing from generals. Use the metior storm but replace the metiors with artilery shells?

Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

huh? what Terror?

Uh lets see, the Nexion Static Storm is hopefully going to be like a lightning storm basically, you know like in RA2 with possible lighting effects to go with it except without the cloud.

Now the Tiberium Hail storm I'm hoping to have it kinda like a meteor shower, except with tiberium covered hail.

Is that what you meant DVD?

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok now you've thought of the supeweapon how ya goona make it possible in TS? All I know is cloning the same Superweapon is possible but you're saying a different thing here, you're making new ones, which of course you have to replace old ones... Sad sad but true..oh not unless you merge the HS into one, then you have one free slot..

http://www.tiberiumsun.com/tsr/

Damn...Tutorials Links Doesnt Works Anymore

Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what about this:

Taken from ATC
"This method was found by Mr. Muk. It consists in giving your building the following lines:

EMPulseCannon=yes
Primary=TheWeaponFromYourSuperweapon
Superweapon=EMPulseSpecial
HasStupidGuardMode=false

Then, make sure the weapon exists. It will use EMPulse's cursor, recharge time, sidebar image, but it will release your weapon."

then all you would have to do is make a weapon, and viola you got a sw. thats what it says to me as far as i understand it

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea and there will be no EMPulse in the mod if you use it for the conventional sides...

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[quote="Banshee"]yea and there will be no EMPulse in the mod if you use it for the conventional sides...[/quote]

conventional sides? you mean like individual sides?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

conventional sides = GDI and Nod.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

then i guess you couldn't make a second one for them then, but this is just for the Rischu, that wouldn't affect GDI or Nods EMP would it?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no

Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

... but then Rischu wouldn't get the EMP. hmmm would it be possible to make more than one of the buildings though?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rischu wouldnt get EMP.

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Venom wrote:
huh? what Terror?

I guess you havn't played Generals?

The DvD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1. Terror, the artillery shells would come from all directions just like meteors.

2. Venom, you could make separate hunterseekers for gdi and nod. then i could help you modify the nod hs into meteor storm, then delete the superweapon=hunterseeker that belongs to Nod Temple, and give it to Rischu (all new sides use Nod stuff) So, Rischu would have Meteor storm...for the static storm, i suggest giving them the chemical missile, giving that missile clusters, and then a helluva lot of animation lists (to complicated to explain here, it involves invisible meteors and such Wink)

then you could have an emp cannon for all three sides, but no chemmissile and hunterseeker for nod (unless you want Nod to have meteor storm too)

Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just thought of a way that this could go with the story line, GDI decides that precision is key if they wish to win so they drop the hunter seeker from their ranks. sound good?

Couldn't you just clone the missile silo? i thought that if we could just clone GDI and Nods stuff it could be possible, you know clone the silo for the missile, clone the ion cannon uplink for the static storm, and use GDI's hunterseeker for the tiberium hail storms, and it will already have the emp so it don't worry. is that possible? i would think it is if you can clone the emp and make it work like that, but then again i think lkots of things work that don't ....

The DvD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nono, firstly, you can't clone ion cannon then change it into static storm. you need to GIVE the rischu the ion cannon (bad idea) then change the ion cannon into a static storm. but i would use the chemical missile for that. (clone the nod missile silo and give chemicalspecial to rischu) you also can't give the rischu the gdi hunterseeker, as they automatically get to use Nhunter, not Ghunter.

Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

then can you give Nod the gdi hunterseeker?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no.

GDI uses GHunter
Nod and new sides use NHunter

Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i know i'm acting like a stupid idiot asking all theses questions but please bear with me here...

what about the line NodHunterSeeker= line? couldn't you change that? or just put GDIHunterSeeker= and leave it blank?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if you change that line, all new sides and Nod will use the hunter-seeker specified by that line. Also, leaving blank might bring crashes... although I'm not sure of it, because I havent tested that...

The DvD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if you really want to have 2 superweapons excluding emp cannon for the rischu, you'll really need to change the Nhunter into one of these (most likely meteor storm) and also give the rischu one of Nod's missiles (and give them a cloned missile silo, ofc)

Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

last night i thought of a possibility, is it tested to where you can put both GHunterSeeker and NhunterSeeker on the Nod line?

The DvD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

don't know, but it wouldn't make sense, because you can't define yourself what HS unit to use in your superweapon that has type=hunterseeker.

the game automatically takes the same for nod and all new sides.

Repeat:

Quote:
if you really want to have 2 superweapons excluding emp cannon for the rischu, you'll really need to change the Nhunter into one of these (most likely meteor storm) and also give the rischu one of Nod's missiles (and give them a cloned missile silo, ofc)

Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

all right

The DvD

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wink succes... and ask for help here if you're stuck...

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol..hes a stubborn modder i think... it's hard telling him this aint possible or such

Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

true true i am stubborn. but i think i came up with a possibility that can be worked into the story. lets see, can you clone the multimissle but not have the action as nuke? like put dontuse2 or something instead?

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol that's what i think Banshee and the rest is trying to tell you... you can clone the multimissile, and i do mean clone.. you can have another multimissile but with the same weapon as the original multimissile has...

Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

but i mean would it still work the same if you put dontuse2 or whatever number you like best as the action?

The DvD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes, because the action line only tells the game what cursor to use for aiming the superweapon.

Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sooo, then you could change the weapon and it actually works? or do you have to change the type for that?

The DvD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Venom wrote:
sooo, then you could change the weapon and it actually works? or do you have to change the type for that?
that's the whole point... you can't use new weapons for superweapons, you can just clone existing kinds of superweapons and make them work by giving them THE SAME WEAPON as the original superweapon (and you also need an unused action)..

Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

damn, i know i'm asking all sorts of stupid questions that all lead back to the same anser but please humor for a little longer. can you have multiple hs launchings or just one per side?

The DvD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

one. GDi will use ghunter, all other sides will use nhunter

Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well i mean like say you "made" a superweapon. you added type hs to it, could you launch that and the Nhunter?

The DvD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the game itself decides what hs unit to use in a superweapon that has type=hunterseeker. This is, again, GHunter for GDI and NHunter for Nod and all new sides. Now stop asking LOL!

Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

does anybody think its possible to combine the multi missile and the chem missile into one? making room for another superweapon to take the place of the former chem missile.

awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is a couple ideas I had for retro but they didnt use any so maybe we can use it here.

Super Healing(ok so the name is crapy so sue me) when charged all your stuff is healed instantly. Maybe a superweapon for the hospital? Rienforcements. When fired a group of rienforcments will be spawned. A super weapon for the armory?Ion storm I am almost positive its not posible but hey we can still dream cant we? Meteor storm this has been don to death but its still a good idea. Spysat uplink compleatly reveales the map, To bad ther wasnt some way to compleatly reshroud the enimes map and maybe reveals all cloked units(yea no more stupid sensor arrays!) Maybe a super weapon for the array, that would be a cool super weapon for GDI.

I also just had an idea for the healing super weapon. it has to do with the EMP. Just attach to the animation a negitve damage and target your own troops... the disability of move ment can be a sidefect like the forceshield in RA2 diabiling your power....What do you think?

Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sadly please read above, the only way you can really make a new superweapon is if you take out an old one and put in a new one, or the side could not have an emp and use that as a superweapon, or change nods hunterseeker to something else which is already being done. Sadly we have no new way of making a completely new superweapon

awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea I guess your right. I had this idea that isnt relay a superweapon but an ability. This was inspired by a roomer that I heard about nod having a super weapon that could give lots of power for a short time but was cut in development. Maybe thats what the batterie cameo was for? Well my idea was for a building that gave lots of power but has an active animation that deals damage to the structure faster than it can be repaired, but it can be turned of so that it stopes its active animation and can be repaired. Sound interesting?

Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmmm, while I was reading about your idea, I thought of something that might be able to be done. Have a unit, one build only, and have it deploy and give lots of power, but slowly after a while it starts inflicting damage on itself, making it seem like an overload of its systems. That sound good? Have to figure out what side it will go to though....

awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes that is basickly what I was thinking. The only realy big differance was I was thinking of a building only not any unit to deploy into it. I would think that this would be some kind of Nod building as it seems to be in there stile.

Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not sure if you can disable a building, like turning it off. I was looking through all the different tags for buildings and units and such a while back and I think there was one tag in there about being able to disable something through a special multiplayer button.

awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When I said disable the building I ment turn the power off. That way the active animation will stop. But the building will have to have the tag that makes it require power to work evin though the building gives power.

Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well, I don't know about that, I believe you can have it generate power and be able to turn its power off, so to speak. the tag TogglePower= would work, but then it would suffer if you ever had too many buildings taking that power up. I guess what I'm thinking about right now is a bit too hard to explain. but it could work. now we have to come up with a weapon that will inflict damage upon itself, like the hunterseeker weapon, except with the damage being over a period of time.

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon