Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:59 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Allied Artillery: Howitzer
Moderators: Dutchygamer, Lt Albrecht
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject:  Allied Artillery: Howitzer Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"Looking like a tank puts enemy infantry into "psychological big tank ownage" -fear mode."

The Allied Howitzer is a long-range bombardment unit, able to quickly wipe out any human waves, help weaken enemy armor, shell enemy fortifications, demolish structures and provide counterbattery fire. Lightly armored, they should be protected and supported by other vehicles.

(Yes, it's still WIP. Don't look at the Black Hole Syndrome, it'll suck you in)

Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lazy design is lazy. The only thing new I noticed is only the turret. Confused
They all use the same chassis Neutral

Quote:
Everybody knows a mod that doesn't update every ten seconds is dead.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, you need to be a little less lazy Josh. Wink

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm sorry, it's not just my mentality, it actually happens, the british army uses the same chassis for it's fast apcs, the starstreak AA, the scimitar scout and so on...
But I acknowledge it needs some difference, so maybe an extra road wheel and some accessories, would that do?

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Use your imagination #Tongue Look at the RA2 tanks, and create some new hulls...

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think I'll look at the ra1 tanks TBH, but I'm still doing a new base.

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, howitzers have larger turrets to have larger cannon and chassis is also modified a bit (much or less, Koalition-SV has longer T-72 chassis, Pzh 2000 * has it's own chassis), but for smaller howitzers the chassis is original (Pz-90**).
Also there is possibility to create wheeled-chased howitzer (not only 8x8 Czech and Slovakian Zuzana and older Dana, but also) like South-african G6 extended-range howitzer (but just 6x6).

*probably world #1 till Koalition-SV will be in service
**probably world #2 till Koalition-SV will be in service

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought of a wheeled one but that'd look like the one in renegay, Although it wouldn't have too so I'll give it a try.

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The one in Renegay is a real artillery piece, mind you.

You don't need everything to be based on the same chassis, that makes it rather boring to look at, and in battles, confusing to select which units you want to fight with.

Do I choose the tank with 1 barrel angled upwards, or the tank with two barrels angled upwards? Perhaps the tank with a single barrel pointed at the ground?

Look at RA1, it used this:
http://www.combatindex.com/hardware/images/gun/land/m110/m110_04.jpg

As a basis for its Artillery.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RA1 had an M110, TD had a 110, Renegay had a fucktarded G6 Rhino and APB has an M110, this tells me either be original or go for an M110. This leads me to a problem, do I really want an M110 (easier) or do I do something original? And you'd be surprised as to gow easy it is to tell Light tanks From AA, but it needs more markings or something, maybe a more different turret...

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lt, have you gone into a heated battle in your mod yet?

I mean, like against another player and you were aiming to win, not test the units. You need to be able to look at the vehicle, without taking detailed look at the turret or barrel, and know what it is.

Anyways, you can use an M110, but who says you can't innovate on the design? It doesn't have to be that same M110.

Last edited by EVA-251 on Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Suppose, I don't have Any internet capability on my good PC, when I play APB it's on the family laptop :S Although I could probably put YR here on temporarily to test it, or more options might open up after the christmas season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon