Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:46 am
All times are UTC + 0
My modelling tutorial
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
ruby92
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:41 am    Post subject:  My modelling tutorial
Subject description: for eevryone to use^^
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Key Words: #Tutorials #3DModels #Graphics #Media #3dsMax #Vehicles #Tanks #LightTanks #Cannon #Turreted #SingleBarreled #Modern #Tracked #Land #TiberianDawn #RedAlert1 #TiberianSun #Firestorm #RedAlert2 #YurisRevenge #OpenRA #Renegade #Generals #ZeroHour #TiberiumWars #KanesWrath #RedAlert3 #RedAlert3Uprising #TiberianTwilight #Fallout3 

Bunker Busters!

Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you, this will come in handy for me later. Smile

Quote:
Everybody knows a mod that doesn't update every ten seconds is dead.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can't you just post it here. Not everyone wants to download a random .rar file Confused

Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its safe, It contains a max file, tutorial document, and a Example Render jpg file. Scanned it before opening it and nothing malicious detected.

Quote:
Everybody knows a mod that doesn't update every ten seconds is dead.

ruby92
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

why would i put a virus in a fuckin tutorial? LOL

Bunker Busters!

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ask the guys who do it.

ruby92
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i did it goddamit! >: (

Bunker Busters!

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ruby92 wrote:
i have a modelling tutorial, feel free to dl it. its for generals modders.

This is the biggest train-wreck of a tutorial I've ever read. Here are few pointers on creating something, sane, decent, and actually helpful:

1. Word has a few features that were made to help you come across as intelligent. One of these, is known as spell check. The other, page break. Spamming up a tutorial with "yay enchilada spam" so that you can get to the next page is just moronic.

2. Assuming your reader has the IQ of a goldfish doesn't help make your tutorial any more readable. Use of makeshift grammar and assumed words can prevent readers from taking your tutorial seriously. Like this post suggests.

3. Talking about useless junk like your colour preferences or the requirement of having a mouse...is just wasting the readers time. Apologizing about the font size is just plain retarded and insults the readers' intelligence. Another one of Word's many features include Zoom.

4. Including a max file from 3D Studio Max 2009 is almost completely pointless considering very few people actually have 2009, and no older version of max can open a 2009 max file. That's a pretty BIG difference from 2008...

5. Including and then censoring profanity in a tutorial is just plain stupid. Profanity doesn't teach anyone anything.

6. Specifically calling out peoples names in a tutorial is just retarded. How does knowing who the tutorial was written for help the reader?

Cons:
Terrible English -5
Misuse of Word -2
Reader is a dumb-ass -3

Pros:
Images are OK +1 (It almost looked like you knew what you were doing.)

Overall Result: 1/10

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Unfortunately your lack of constructive criticism also gets that score, Icy.

JJ_
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That is not constructive because...?

He didn't just go ahead and bash with random words, he pointed out what's wrong with it and what should be corrected. Sure it is negative, but it is not unconstructive at all.

ruby92
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

okay anything, my nature is like tat, you can't change the fact that i like putting crap in everything, my models, my mod, my tutorial.I put crap in it to make then funny. its okay tat you point out stuff that are not constructive, it helps anyways. Very Happy

Bunker Busters!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon