Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:24 pm
All times are UTC + 0
WIPs
Moderators: Gangster
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 4 of 11 [505 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, ..., 9, 10, 11 Next
Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gangster wrote:
Quote:
Btw, if you are going to imitate WW's build-ups, all but the last frames should have gray instead of remap.

Actually, Nod buildings have full-colored and remaped buildups, unlike GDI ones. And I have chosen to keep everything colored.

Quote:
Radar always seemed a little too low in the tech tree to tack on the superweapons

Right. Also, once destructed you losse SW, Radar, Tech tree. IMO this is too much.

Quote:
And Nod and GDI should respectively have different ConYards, Silos and Refineries. GDI's Refinery could resemble TO's, while Nod's Conyard would resemble C&C3's Nod Conyard. GDI's Conyard could use less team color and more of that gold texture.

I won't promisse any new non canon stuff just yet. I might just retexture same structures for both sides, add few minor difference to details, and that's it. However, we do have some difference, already, large GDI landing pad and Nod repair pad.

As for Firestorm stuff.. Rolling Eyes I hope Ares team would do something with it, eventualy, but to day there is no point in all this grafics. I better concentrate on enviroment and terrain.

Thank you every one! Smile

however this is topic about WIPs, so... a WIP  #Tongue

Ares has managed to make the Firestorm logic work, but I was really referring to Firestorm, as in, the expansion pack (that's what it's called in English, Tiberian Sun: Firestorm). Stuff from the expansion pack HAS to be included. That means Juggernauts, limpet mines, etc.

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the size of the Nod radar, always thought the original was a bit small.

The refinery was always a piece of Nod architecture imo, it just doesn't go that well with TS GDI buildings. To me, this 'sharing' of buildings was just laziness or limitation of the engine.. meaning laziness and should not be kept for TS Rewire which has more possibilities thanks to YR engine (and Ares ofc).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

On top of my head of things that wouldn't work with current Ares; limpet, reaper split missile, weed, hunter seeker. With current limitations workarounds are what we have. And I have to say that I agree with HM and Speed. You could do better than WW did and we think you should Gangster. But as always, it's your mod. You decide.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gangster wrote:
I hope Ares team would do something with it, eventualy, but to day there is no point in all this grafics.

What's the issues with Firestorm? Confused

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hm, is the issue something like 'all players have control over all firestorm walls'? From what I remember when we had an Art of Defense map in MO with two players having two seperate firestorm walls, both players had control over both sets. It was quite a long time ago though.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
What's the issues with Firestorm?

Same, as they were at the moment of first release. Firestorm wall and laser fence overlapping units and its own active animations. Also it's imba, it doesn't stop owners projectiles (even with AlliedWallTransparency=no.)

Alex06 wrote:
Stuff from the expansion pack HAS to be included. That means Juggernauts, limpet mines, etc.

Some of TS:FS units can be re-enabled, yes. Mobile EMP, mobile cloack generator, juggernaut and mobile weapons factory.
But Limpet mines logic does not exist in YR. Perhaps, a parasite logic could be used instead, but it would requre some Ares customisation. At least it should not tilt host unit and support Camera weapon.
And reaper. Well, again, if I only could have a clone of restored EMP logic, I bet I could reuse it as infantry only weapon, therefore create some sort a web launcher.

rdr02.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  206.32 KB
 Viewed:  15497 Time(s)

rdr02.png

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Use AttachEffect for Reaper IMO.

The imba thing happens even in TS.

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
The imba thing happens even in TS.

This. It always only stopped enemy projectiles (and your units if they where unfortunate/stupid).

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
Use AttachEffect for Reaper IMO.

Hm. Brilliant idea actualy. Very Happy

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Perhaps it'll look better with a crawling frame?

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice gangster, nice... and perhaps its fairer that the infantry can still fire.

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Firing when infantry's speed is 0 is very, very unreliable. In most cases they do not do that.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I do think this way of web is far better than original as can always have the exact same infantry shp under plus can adjust the web effects.

Plus Firestorm never blocked own weapons fire, it woulda made even Cabal's Core dumb in firestorm missions if his Core Obelisk would fire but the wall would block its shot. I don't see it as bug/imba IMO as it would be hindrance otherwise if you set up a defense turret line and provide firestorm wall protection...

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

0warfighter0 wrote:

I agree, that discthrower just looks sad that somebody threw a net at him, rather than actually hindered.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Add a dummy damaging to the web then, it'll work.

Yeah, if the inf was moving when the Speed=0 AE gets applied then it can't stop moving and gets stuck in the running frames.  Laughing

=======================

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the net looks cute and nice Smile tho I agree with 0warfighter0.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

initial setup for Temple

tmpl.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  118.28 KB
 Viewed:  15104 Time(s)

tmpl.png

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The tower looks rather short. The front opening (where the main doorway is) should also be wider and deeper.

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

0warfighter0 wrote:

I think you could easily make that work with a tag, right? Isn't there a tag for that? Something like suppressor=true?

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

more edit. damn this one most complicated shape I ever did.
Rolling Eyes
very time consuming.

tmpl2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  119.27 KB
 Viewed:  15054 Time(s)

tmpl2.png

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like what I'm seeing here Smile

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The temple of nod shape is a little crazy I suppose. I'm not sure if it is your details or just my ignorance, but I can finally see the "temple" in this building. There's the entrance with that whole being eaten by the temple thing, and you have the spire to looking over everything.

HG_SCIPCION
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Super!!!!!!! Gangster ...... very good work!!!!!! Smile

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i salute your awesomeness, good sir

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

scale and remap test

tmpl3.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  248.02 KB
 Viewed:  14877 Time(s)

tmpl3.png

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Tech Center's right part looks a bit bland, but so was the original in TS afaik Confused

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IMO Temple of Nod should have black shiny color different from other building.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the temple material definitely needs to be darker, closer to black
http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/File:Nod_Temple_2030.jpg

or much like the hand of nods texture

and needs more gloss too, which you can notice more here on the render
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091222113138/cnc/images/6/6b/CNCTS_Nod_Temple_03.jpg
and is very noticeable ingame

The front looks more stubbed than this render (but closer to the sketches)
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070103221320/egamia/images/e/e6/Temple_of_nod.jpg

Really nice detailing though, it seems to look quite faithful to the sketch
http://sun.tiberiumweb.org/tsgallery/sketches/sketch17.jpg

P.S. Bolded my main points Smile

Last edited by SMIFFGIG on Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:39 pm; edited 4 times in total

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't mind the texture, but I agree some parts should be rounder/sleekier.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
I don't mind the texture, but I agree some parts should be rounder/sleekier.

The material isnt bad
and I see where gangster is going with continuity between each structure so its not just a mess of different colours

But I think some variation is good (like the a Hand of nod) plus the darker material better matches the TS ingame+renders

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tech Center and Temple need more texturing, color and details. They're still a bit lacking compared to the rest.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

still wip

tmpl5.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  248.05 KB
 Viewed:  14698 Time(s)

tmpl5.png

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*Gets a heat attack* Ace work Gangster.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just noticed... shouldn't the Temple's Nod plate have that usual triangle-based shape?

Nice tho.

=======================

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its not the right shape
The shells have kinda a curved oval egg shape

templ.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  20.89 KB
 Viewed:  14665 Time(s)

templ.png

Skype live:tomsons26
Don't forget to state who are you otherwise i'll ignore the invite

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tomsons26lv wrote:
Its not the right shape
The shells have kinda a curved oval egg shape

WAT?

NOD_B_Temple_5.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  141.54 KB
 Viewed:  14649 Time(s)

NOD_B_Temple_5.png

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All I can see is that the little end piece juts out a bit more than the TS building.

tmpl5_171.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  71.68 KB
 Viewed:  14637 Time(s)

tmpl5_171.png

Wolven
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The temple looks fine as it is, the most recent texture change has really made it look better.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

really nice once again

all the buildings are look great!

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It looks so great, though I'm starting to think maybe the texture should indeed be darker. The current steel outfit doesn't make it look menacing enough. But it's your call, if you rather keep it better fit with the rest of the buildings.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

almost done

EDIT:

Graion Dilach wrote:
Just noticed... shouldn't the Temple's Nod plate have that usual triangle-based shape?

At first it was a triangle in circle like TS in-game sprite had, but it was small and messed so I redone that part with way as in Evil G's sketch.

tmplntech.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  213.37 KB
 Viewed:  14476 Time(s)

tmplntech.png

Last edited by Gangster on Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:30 pm; edited 3 times in total

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ho ho ho awesome ! Very Happy

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Much better!

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

temple looks great

and the extra detailing on the tech centre texture is brilliant.
As its quite a basic structure I think alot of its character is going to come from the detail of its texture

great work as per usual Wink

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just for sake of completenes started tiberium waste fasility

waste.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  231.91 KB
 Viewed:  14388 Time(s)

waste.png

HG_SCIPCION
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

extreme..... is beautiful!!!!! Very Happy

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You work pretty fast too... the Temple as it is nice, fits in well yet stands out enough to look special and not monotonous.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

very minor notes on tech centre

if you zoom in on this image
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110226130203/cnc/images/a/aa/Nod_tech_center-1-.jpg

you will see the tallest tower part of the structure gets smaller as it gets to the top (top plane size is smaller than base plane)

Also on the base/bib of the structure isnt just a simple curve. It looks like its made up of multiple extruded arc planes also resulting in a step effect. As opposed to a single extruded arc plane. (I count three, one on left and two on center/right)

Also the right side of the building (the rectangular part) seems wider and bigger than the one in TS (see pic above). TS one has room for more of the bib/base to be in front... this maybe a intentional design change on your behalf though?

Just to note i quite like the detailing they have done on the rectangle part for reborn
http://www.indiedb.com/games/ts-reborn/images/wip-nod-tech-center#imagebox

Edit:
On a side note, will we be seeing a Nod Repair Bay in Rewire (not that you don't already have enough on your hands #Tongue ?
http://www.cnc-source.com/forums/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=viewimage&img=2447

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFFGIG wrote:

if you zoom in on this image
you will see the tallest tower part of the structure gets smaller as it gets to the top (top plane size is smaller than base plane)

Easy to fix. Will do.

SMIFFGIG wrote:

Also on the base/bib of the structure isnt just a simple curve. It looks like its made up of multiple extruded arc planes also resulting in a step effect. As opposed to a single extruded arc plane. (I count three, one on left and two on center/right)

Hm. It might be just a rough textuting, both techs were made in rush it seems. I am confused with this.

EDIT:

Vanilla buildup shows there is indeed step. But still it looks like f*ck up, pavement is not even properly texuted. Confused

SMIFFGIG wrote:

Also the right side of the building (the rectangular part) seems wider and bigger than the one in TS (see pic above). TS one has room for more of the bib/base to be in front... this maybe a intentional design change on your behalf though?

And this is indeed a intentional design change. I scaled up some elements to be bit closer to infanty scale. But not changed foundation.

SMIFFGIG wrote:

Just to note i quite like the detailing they have done on the rectangle part for reborn

Every one sees his own things in this building. I made it as material storage and computing facility, considering that WF is actuall structure that assembles stuff.

SMIFFGIG wrote:

On a side note, will we be seeing a Nod Repair Bay in Rewire (not that you don't already have enough on your hands #Tongue ?
http://www.cnc-source.com/forums/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=viewimage&img=2447

http://ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30098
It is done. Just waiting re-scaling and re-texturing to match rest buildings.

Last edited by Gangster on Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total

HG_SCIPCION
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes, command and conquer: rewire not the same as TS!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 4 of 11 [505 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, ..., 9, 10, 11 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon