Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:58 am
All times are UTC + 0
how to make a "no enemy" mode
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Angic
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject:  how to make a "no enemy" mode
Subject description: great for testing new units
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this will make it so that you can play without enemies by typing noenemy at the main menu

however the menu will be that of original tiberian sun

Step 1: remove gmenu.mix from game directory (if u have fire storm or some mods)

Step 2: extract gmenu.mix from expand01 and remove it from the game directory (if u have fire storm or some mods)

Step 3: copy rules.ini as tmcj4f.ini

Step 4: open tmcj4f.ini and add AIBuildThis=no to every building except conyard and power plants

Step 5: (optional) open game.exe and search "theteam" then replace with "noenemy"

Step 6: start the game it should come up with original tiberian sun menu if you did step 5 type in "noenemy" at the main menu
if you did not do step 5 type in "theteam" at the main menu
go into skirmish and there should only be a conyard and two power plants for each enemy

warning if u set starting units higher than 1 there will be a few enemies but will not create any more

this is my first tutorial so please inform me if i left out somthing

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

or you could make a map with the ai's start pos boxed in

Angic
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

true but this is also a good way to test maps

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What I always did was made a single-player map with no enemies on it, made life a whole lot easier. Team Black made one.

Robopope99
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no offense but that sounds really awful--- do what aro said

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is poo, i just use my handy hack what disables all AI xD

Chrisse
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

On RA2 I disabled the AI Deploy MCV Trigger. Don't know if it works on TS though.

http://open.spotify.com/track/3B5lZi3QJ8AeVpdLtO9NcI

www.myspce.com/ttex91 (Listen to my music (Outdated)).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry for bumping, but the best solution is imo to change the locomotor of [MCV]
Its just one different number, and the AI won't build it up anymore. Examples:
{4A582742-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1} ;the unit will hover now. it cann cross water, though it wont if it all is scouted and it can't see a bridge (-> way), well, dunno, didnt try it
{4A582743-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1} ;the unit will move subterrain. It cant get to an scouted area where is no way to it though. Well, there is a way - moving under it and pressind s, but then your mcv cant get away
{4A582744-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1} ;didnt test it myself. ut it should work, too, and shouldn't have the side effects of the others - well, how I said, I didnt test it...

The last one is imo the best, there arent many side effects

Think of me as Nordos, 'cause Banshee wouldn't rename me

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon