Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:59 am
All times are UTC + 0
Area Z-56
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Child of the Atom
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:19 am    Post subject:  Area Z-56
Subject description: 4 player and for firestorm( First map )
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello, This is my first map. Um, under here is a story line or so.

You have to invade and destroy the enemy from taking this island. This island has a bloody history. When the first GDI forces discovered this tiberium free island, they started to test tiberium on creatures. Then Civilians land and a city grew. Then with NOD taking GDI test centers for use. The battle lasted for years, then the civilians had it. The civilians revolted and took everything for GDI and NOD. Then later forces land and get killed in minutes. After the years the test center turned in to a factory. Making mutants that would rule the city. Now you have to land on the beach heads and battle with the mutants and your 1-3 enemies. Beware of the lower grounds because of mutant creatures. (Now a mission but a mutiplayer map)

island airforce.JPG
 Description:
Beware of bombers!
 Filesize:  95.48 KB
 Viewed:  8190 Time(s)

island airforce.JPG

fail crossing.JPG
 Description:
Can't fix it now
 Filesize:  85.4 KB

fail crossing.JPG

Amory.JPG
 Description:
Civilian's GDI Forces
 Filesize:  84.38 KB

Amory.JPG

minimap.JPG
 Description:
THe mini map
 Filesize:  11.67 KB

minimap.JPG

area z-56.mpr
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  area z-56.mpr
 Filesize:  513.14 KB
 Downloaded:  350 Time(s)

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks like you've spent some time on this map.
I know the idea of making an epic neutral base seems awesome - we've all done it - though it in terms of gameplay, it actually gets very annoying for multiplayer games.
For singleplayer though, it would be nice, with proper triggers etc

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Child of the Atom
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I would say half of it is a city with random soldiers here and there

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well, it makes for a good first map..
Keep practicing, and work on detail and lighting. take a look at some of our spotlighted maps as good examples.
(BTW, I like the reference to Fallout 3)

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Needs more lights and more nature...

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i'm no experienced mapper, but i think you made a mistake with the component towers. They all have a wall on the same cell, which should be removed imo.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This isn't bad for being your first map. Let's get started:

Errors: Your map has many cliff and shore errors. My tip is to disable autoshore and add the shores manually yourself, because the autoshorer make many mistakes. You should also NEVER EVER use the paint cliff tool, place these manually aswell. A helpful tool for doing this properly, is Marble Madness aka. framework mode, which can be found here.

Detail: Your map needs more details. Give your slopes a more natural look by making them round and more unique, you could achieve this by placing bits of them manually by using the ice ramps. Use different grounds aswell - let the theatre the map is supposed to be decide that (if it's desert, use sand and rough ground, if it's temperate use mostly grass and some rough ground and maybe sand by the water). Remember to not make them patches big and blocky; rather make them small and round, maybe big if it fits in, but I recommend waiting with that. Add trees on grass mostly, maybe some in the sand and rough ground too. Another thing you should remember is that you should NOT add grass and fully living trees beneath tiberium, for the tiberium leeches the ground, therefore a plant can't live normally; it'll either die or mutate. I suggest not using the three ground types repeated in a texture like way, but you will have to decide that yourself. Use much more of these ground types - look at some of the better looking maps in the archive.

Lighting: You need to customize your lighting. Give it a different kind of atmosphere by, for instance, making it more blue. For example:

Overall: 0.74
Level:0.012
Red:0.84
Green:0.88
Blue:1.23

Going to the extreme might look bad or not, experiment with lighting to know it better. Another thing is customizing light posts. You should insert the ini code for the invisible green light post into the map, and tune it down. You will have to look for tutorials for the XXC mixer in the tutorials factory, I can't explain everything here. Add negative light posts to valleys that are supposed to be dark, water (you could also use blue on water). Add invisible green light posts to green tiberium WITH a tiberium tree, for in patches without tiberium trees, the tiberium will disappear. It looks odd with green ligthing when there's no tiberium. I'm sure you can imagine where to add lighting, just try it.

Misc: As Team Black said, don't place huge neutral bases - they're annoying, and they might inbalance the map. If you're going to have neutral bases on the map, make them small and don't make them inbalance the map. Always be sure to balance the map and take your time! Good luck!

(Man, I feel constructive now Razz .)

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well,I love it,it a bit messy in some parts.But as a map,I love it.

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm the general layout based on the minimap looks somewhat like another very large map I remember seeing and playing on. A giant island with tons of civilian/neutral base and then another island on the top right. Nice.
However, like others have already said. An overload of neutral base things can be kind of annoying.
But over all nice job for your first public release. It does show you put a fair amount of work into it and all. Keep up the good work! Razz

and crash...*sigh*...just try to keep it from sounding so much like a "CHOO HAVE TO DO EET DIS WAI!" and more of a "My personal liking in style is to keep the tiberium away from grass LATs."
see there's a difference. The first is more of an elitist let's ruin the fun kind over a style kind of way and the other is expressing your opinion in a more nice kind of way. So in other words again...tiberium on grass is more of a style issue not a sure fact way of life that it must be kept off. -_-

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It has a really nice Minimap. If the big city was more like eyecandy instead of a military threat then I would like this map even more. Downloading...

Child of the Atom
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How can you make it look like it's night? I can't find it in the final sun menus

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Edit > Lighting.
Change the values to your liking.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

too bad there weren't any zombie units in TS. Then you could have each player start off with one guy, and they'd be walking through the base...."Hey guys, why is all this stuff abandoned" And then, zombies come out from everywhere! Last man alive wins!

Dudeinabox
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't forget to take finalsun off beginner mode, it limits pretty much everything that makes the map more interesting.

I think crash pretty much said everything there, what he said!

Crimmy: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon