Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:18 pm
All times are UTC + 0
TI Public AI topic
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [45 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject:  TI Public AI topic Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here I will inform you of some of the tactics the AI will use in Twisted Insurrection. Here are some stuff that are already included:

-Defence: the AI now notices your tactics. If you're building a lot of War Factories to speed up the build progress, the AI will train more anti-vehicle squads to defend his base. If you build a lot of airpads, the AI will go in anti-air mode.

-Attack: as with defence, the AI will notice if you begin to turtle in. If you build a lot of refineries, he will begin hunting your harvesters and refineries. If you have multiple conyards, he will hunt them down. You have a lot of artilleries in your base? He bombs them with air units. Also, be aware for Nod with their Sub APC's. They are used a lot more, sometimes combined with other attacks...

-Misc: besides defending and attacking, the AI will also use his engineers in more then 1 way. They will try to repair damaged bridges, and capture some of the civil guns for their use.

Last edited by Dutchygamer on Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice work, hope it isn't to hard to beat. Razz

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i hope it's nearly impossible hard without you noticing too much, that the AI cheats. Smile

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Easy and medium won't, but hard... That one will be great to fight with Twisted Evil

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just make sure he hasn't got an ion cannon when I'm still building my war factory :O

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GDI needs to try blitzkrieg (Orca bombers on defences/PPs then fast tanks and APCs attacking)

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Just make sure he hasn't got an ion cannon when I'm still building my war factory :O

That's something that I can't fix. Even though I can say that in the games I played against both GDI and Nod, that I had plenty of time before I was hit by the first SW Wink

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't forget to add a Misc. section for the AI, like Engineer usage and such. Smile

ruby92
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i hate smart AIs.... T_T

Bunker Busters!

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ruby92 wrote:
i hate smart AIs.... T_T

Then you're probably the kind of gamer who plays all his games singleplayer only, on easy mode... #Tongue

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I play on Hard #Tongue

...though I probably will quit in frustration and play a new map, until I find one that I can turtle in effectively...

...not. Dutchy, you've outdone yourself. If I spam airfields and not build aircraft... #Tongue AI got fooled?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Destiny wrote:
...not. Dutchy, you've outdone yourself. If I spam airfields and not build aircraft... #Tongue AI got fooled?

If the AI can be really fooled this way, i would love it to play against the AI. Finally some tactics are needed.

Public SHPs

Tools

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Destiny wrote:
Dutchy, you've outdone yourself. If I spam airfields and not build aircraft... #Tongue AI got fooled?

Mostly AA units are good against tanks too, so you're wasting money then #Tongue

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I remember few times I used this tactic:
Expansive Sitzkrieg #Tongue
This is hard for foolish standard hard AI to break. Really massive arty rush can beat you in a while if you are using this tactic. Large arty rushes push player to get out of his pathetic [strike]castle[/strike] base. Wink

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll make sure that artilleries will make you move your arse to do something #Tongue

Liten
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: TI Public AI topic Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer wrote:
They will try to repair damaged bridges, and capture some of the civil guns for their use.

NOOO!!!!! D: **** YOU DUTCHY!!!! #Tongue

Killing T.Is AI is gonna be fun Very Happy

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This sounds to be a much improved AI. I look forward to attempting to defeat it.

Last edited by Orac on Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I'll tell you guys something: I'm now busy on the Hard AI, but I'm thinking of creating an even eviller AI, one that even I can hardly beat. The Hard AI I'm busy on now will be Medium AI then.

Liten
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer wrote:
The Hard AI I'm busy on now will be Medium AI then.

O_O stop now, before you destroy the world...

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Definitely only make the Hard AI cheat (extra money, etc., etc.)

Also, is it possible to make the AI scout? I mean, just for appearance sake? Before it actually attacks, it sends in some bikes or infantry to your base. I'd be a nice touch.

And it would be soooo awesome if you guys made tech level 9 be the highest tech level, and have tech level 10 enable Super Weapons.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchy, you're gonna make TI the most _hardest_ mod in the world to beat. Though I'd love to see the carnage the AI produces when attacking each other...

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AI vs AI. Now I would like to see that.
But this 'Even Eviler AI', would it simply be larger and more aggressive, or deadly efficient - Personally I'd like to see a mixture of both.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You'll see... Wink

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr wrote:
And it would be soooo awesome if you guys made tech level 9 be the highest tech level, and have tech level 10 enable Super Weapons.

Sindri @Ideas and Suggestions wrote:
Techlevel 10 is reserved for superweapons.

See, it is already Wink

Public SHPs

Tools

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

YEEESSS!!! Its a god send. Thank you very much!

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Although I like the idea of an adaptive AI, there should be some things that make the AI seem more human. For instance, the AI shouldn't begin to assault you until they "Find you" IE they send scouting units here or there to explore the map, then once they "establish contact" they begin assaulting your position. Thats one thing that REALLY pissed me off about CNC3's AI. THEY down right KNEW when you built engineers, 3 seconds later, hello mister Nod Buggy here to piss me off.

Anyway, having little human quirks is something that makes the AI more interesting.

IceDragon200
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Human like AI.....
The thought of that is pretty weird but it would be nice if the AI would ACTUALLY scout before swarming in like bees to a honey theif.
If you make it too smart it may start acting too smart and know your every move eg. you move a couple stealthed units to lay wait and the AI suddenly moves his units around your pretty little ambush.
*I wonder if the TI AI is as evil as mine... 16 siege tanks , [5 seconds later] iontank then 16 titans , 4 orca bombers, 16 wolverines defeat that assault then [1 minute later]16 light tanks 16 cheetah scouts , about 30 to 56 light infantry , 16 disc throwers , 16 jumpjets and to top it off 2 mammy mk2s.

I'm very inactive here at PPM...
Got other things doing....

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That rich bastard.

But yeah, I agree with the above 2 posts.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Making an AI which gets angry and over/under-estimates you is out of the question, isn't it?

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The original Vanilla game had a concept of having different AI personalities, similar to that found in CNC3. Each AI had its own Quirk like favoring a particular strategy or having a build personality.

But in reality, a human doesn't execute one particular strategy to the letter anyway. One man's turtle is by using lots of buildings, and another man's turtle is by using a mobile attack force to counter threats. Also, people like to spam and do other things of that nature as well, and execute some of the more evil strategies like the sub APC commando/engineer rush for the MCV, or the Orca Bomber and Carry-all Assault.

Having an AI that starts getting pissed as his units die would be pretty funny IMO, but it needs taunts #Tongue

Over/Under estimates would be pretty cool tool. And being able to somewhat fool the AI or set up effective ambushes and vice versa would be really cool, like have them set up an entire second base, but these things are probably beyond the AI.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like flying a apc of engies on a carryall into another player's base, capturing and undeploying their MCV, then flying the MCV back out. I want an AI as EVIL (Not brutal, just underhanded) as a human - An AI which hits you below the belt, which likes to torture you before you finally bite the dust, I want the most unfriendly AI known to man! And I want TI, of course.

Quote:
Having an AI that starts getting pissed as his units die would be pretty funny IMO, but it needs taunts #Tongue

Now that would be fun. Laughing

IceDragon200
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If AI spammed units like humans I would stop playing RTS games for a while and I quote "FOR A WHILE"
Any way I usually build about 12 refineries and about 24 harvesters if i'm playing on tiberium forest.
Then I spam helipads and war factories.
Then Spam Orca Bombers and juggernaughts.

I'm very inactive here at PPM...
Got other things doing....

Juggernaut
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What will the AI do if i build a lots of pads, warfactorys and raffineries ? XD

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey guys, I appreciate your posts, but you do know 90% of what you say is completely impossible to do with TS AI Razz
@ Regulus' first post: I know, I hate it too, but that is how AI works: it does something when something triggers it. In example, how do I check if the player is turtleing: I let the AI count the amount of ConYards, even if he hasn't been in your base in the whole game. The AI sees everything. Another example of the all-seeing AI: how do you think he can exactly pinpoint your Stealth Generator and blow it to smithereens every time with his Ion Cannon?

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Though in some shooters when you throw a smoke grenade. It doesn't shoot as accurate anymore.

Like:
If a smoke grenade is in 5 ft radius, decrease accuracy with 50%.

Anyway, I bet it's almost impossible to make the AI act like real players in RTS games. Confused

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You may notice the lack of updates: I've been busy with redoing the AI from scratch. It still has the stuff mentioned above (AI capturing tech structures and repairing bridges as most important). I have a free week now so you can suspect some more updates soon Wink

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good to hear that!

Go krokus vakantie! #Tongue

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome.

Is it possible to make skirmish maps that ally you with an AI automatically? The map would have to be like the Offense Defense in YR. 'Cause that would be sick.

Noscoper
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ownage - Will atempt to build 1000 high tech vehicles to steam role you.
Nah, looking good.

I am a sniper, and my lazer gun goes PEW PEW PEW.

Tiberian sun Mapper
Current Project: I was thinking about a mod... but that's to far for a newb.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr wrote:
Awesome.

Is it possible to make skirmish maps that ally you with an AI automatically? The map would have to be like the Offense Defense in YR. 'Cause that would be sick.

Allying with AI is impossible in TS Skirmish. It can only be done in SP. I think it's a shame too...

Noscoper
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You should fiddle around a bit so you can ally with other enemies. (Specificly the ones who are winning).

I am a sniper, and my lazer gun goes PEW PEW PEW.

Tiberian sun Mapper
Current Project: I was thinking about a mod... but that's to far for a newb.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We're already discussing it internally, don't worry. It's something Hyper must look at when he has some time...

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wonder if the code was left over from RA1, before that game patched to 3.03, (I have version 2.00, Counterstrike & Aftermath) you could ally with the AI, by simply selecting their units and pressing A.

It kinda sucked though, as the AI seemed to die (and this when Paranoid=no was set, and CompEasyBonus=no, and other things), it would simply mobilize units all over the map, mostly to your base (AND THEY'D Run OVER YOU'RE INFANTRY!!!! Must... do, SOMETHING-), and they wouldn't attack. However, I don't think this is the case when you ally with one at the very start of the match, by sending 1 unit and making sure he doesn't attack anything, then allying; I think if it's done that way, the AI hasn't targeted you yet, and will function normally.

- - -

But, yeah, that ain't TS. So, I guess you can't make custom maps with AI alliance triggers for skirmish? That is a shame. I mean, 8 player FFAs are fun, but some variety is always good.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I wonder if the code was left over from RA1, before that game patched to 3.03, (I have version 2.00, Counterstrike & Aftermath) you could ally with the AI, by simply selecting their units and pressing A.

In TS it is mentioned. If you go to the Keyboard setup in the options menu it says that you can set the alliance in the quoted way. I couldn't get it to work, Skirmish, LAN, or Online, but maybe Hyper and his Hex Editor can work it all out.

Ya, good luck Dutchygamer

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IIRC doing the hack to ally with the AI doesn't work.. I forgot what happened.. Hyper help me out here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [45 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum