Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:12 pm
All times are UTC + 0
I need your knowledge...
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [69 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:45 am    Post subject:  I need your knowledge... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

... that particular subject being Death Metal.

Alright. Now I know there are a couple death metal listeners on this forum, so I hope I can get some meaningful replies. Not that the average joe's post is stupid or anything; I'm just posting that, you need to appreciate the type of music for your post to be meaningful, or at least know what death metal is, and have heard some DM songs.

So, my favorite Death Metal band right now, based on my current knowledge of wicked cool DM bands, is: Cannibal Corpse. They, are, ztyping, sick, 'nuff said, but I'll say more.

Cannibal Corpse (from now on to be referred to as, CC) is intense, to sum them up. Their music can only be ambient for a certain few people, like me; only few types of people can just let their songs drone out in the background.

But to truly appreciate CC's songs, you've got to boost the bass to the max, and put in some Earbud headphones - by doing this, you can hear EVERYTHING (everything being the bass, guitars, drums, and vocals), in its full glory. Until all of CC's albums are rerecorded with AWEsOME equipment, their songs just don't sound as good through anything other than Earbuds. I betcha thats why they don't get ANY radio time, plus the lyrics (even though you can't really decipher what the phuck they're saying, sometimes).

The band called Death, they're pretty fuckin cool too. But their songs aren't as heavy and EVIL sounding, and they're kind of classic, by that I mean: the riffs in Death's songs are pretty standard riffs, where as CC, satan praise them, some of their riffs are utterly NEW and dark and fuckin EVIL, the good evil, the cool evil that everyone likes to watch kill stuff.

Now I've heard every single CC album and EP there is ('cept for Evisceration Plague, I can't wait for that album! Hope its recorded like The Wretched Spawn, thats a decent none Earbud album; in a car stereo, it sounds dees. But with earbuds the songs sound... AWESOMELY EVIL!!!!), but I've only heard the first two Death albums. I've also listened to the band called Aborted, I've listened to their Slaughter & Apparatus album, not bad at all, cool sounding guitars.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Okay, know I want your input, on awesome Death Metal Bands. If any of you know of any DM bands similar to CC or Death, please post some links, or tell me about them. Also, a question to everyone: what do you think of CC? What songs have you heard, which songs are you judging them on? If anyone wants to hear a CC song, if its under 5 megs, I can post it for you.

Post away.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Last edited by DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr on Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:39 am; edited 3 times in total

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

rock and roll, yeah!

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

... Embedding disabled by request? Rock on indeed.

But I'm not talking about old fashioned rock & roll, nor 80's heavy metal, nor 00's heavy metal, emo metal, gay metal, nu metal- I'm talking about 90's Death Metal (I like to call it Kill Metal, just to make those emo accusations die a horrible death) and present (00's) death metal.

DaFool, you're a smart guy; do you realize the potential greatness of death metal?

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've never understood DM. I'm not saying its bad, but I usually listen to only metal and hard rock.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For me, its the simple fact that nothing is heavier (unless, someone proves me wrong, which I'm hoping) Plus, the guitars sound sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cool.

In a nutshell, thats how I dig DM, pure heaviness. The screaming or grunting, at first I was skeptical about it, but I got used to it; it was never the reason why I listen to DM.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cannibal Corpse are a joke, when they have songs called "Entrails ripped from a virgin's cunt", "I cum blood" or "Orgasm through torture" you can't take them seriously.

I honestly can't listen to a lot of songs like that, they're usually quite basic and boring songs with no idea of what's going on. Try In Flames, they're progressive metal/melodic death metal (if you want to label them with a genre). Apparently Opeth are a form of death metal, but I don't see how.

Other than mainstream stuff I have quite an interest in prog so I like a lot of prog, of course most of this is more rock than metal with the exception of Dream Theater.

You should try bands like The Dillinger Escape Plan, Isis, Botch and Meshuggah. They're "avant-garde metal" and they usually have odd time signatures , screaming vocals and massively downtuned guitars.

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ill tell you a little secret,to write music like cannibal courpse you should be afraid of things that they sing about.

I'm a bit drunk,etc.

I mean theres millions of listeners of CC,but only few undrstand really whats going on.Like in every other kind of music.Theres 343534 listeners that just pretend they are in to music,but they just like to hang out together,etc.

I mean you remember song the "Skull full of maggots",shit,i really am in to it,just imagine that stuff in real life.I mean when you do it,youll really understand the line between life and death,and what is after it.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I used to listen a lot death metal, but after a couple months I found out it all sounded the same.

Now I only listen a few old school heroes like Suffocation and Morpheus Decends...

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sindri wrote:
I used to listen a lot death metal, but after a couple months I found out it all sounded the same.

Now I only listen a few old school heroes like Suffocation and Morpheus Decends...

Well,in some point they are,but they are more techical now.How do you think?

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If I want technical music I listen jazz...

Frankly I think technical play undermines the power of death metal.

Technical play has a place, but it should never take the place of songwriting.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@vefbl4: Oh I understand their songs. Some of those lyrics are pretty gory. But again, the lyrics are second to the guitars.

@Clazzy: Actually I think I Cum Blood is a cool song. Thats from their 3rd album. Its not their best. I really like the albums Vile (Orgasm Through Torture, another cool song), Gore Obsessed, and The Wretched Spawn. Thanks for the band names, I'll look into them, after I install Eternal Silence.

Sindri, what was your fav DM band?

Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Locking yourself to a genre isn't good, therefore I will recommend a Black Metal band, being that Black Metal is quite similar to Death Metal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satyricon_(band)

I personally don't listen to the extreme metal genres, not because "OMFG SATANISM", but because I don't like it. It's so dark, gloomy and pessimistic, and that doesn't appeal to me.

Quote:
If anyone wants to hear a CC song, if its under 5 megs, I can post it for you.

You better not, PPM doesn't tolerate piratecopies. Banshee will ban or warn you #Tongue

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like Metal, a lot. I mean its the first genre I ever got into when I started actually listening to music. Death Metal and the likes never hooked me... surely even fans of it can agree its very, erm, "caveman with electricity". Maybe thats why it attracts people. Of course this is coming from someone who doesnt "feel" that kind of music.

Personally I prefer Symphonic Metal, or some Power Metal (Though the fast drumming of Power Metal gets really annoying so most of it aint that good IMO).

What I really dont like (And this is about music in general) is how lots of the artists try and show off how cool they are, emo, devil spawn or (In raps case) masculine. It just ends up looking stupid.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Iron Cathedral wrote:
Personally I prefer Symphonic Metal, or some Power Metal (Though the fast drumming of Power Metal gets really annoying so most of it aint that good IMO).

What I really dont like (And this is about music in general) is how lots of the artists try and show off how cool they are, emo, devil spawn or (In raps case) masculine. It just ends up looking stupid.

Truly True, in the most truthfully true sort of way to be true.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr wrote:
Sindri, what was your fav DM band?

It's a shared place. Gorguts/Demilich.

Gorguts is only half metal, since the band was composed out of a couple of music teachers and academical composers... It really is "one hell of a ride". Most metalheads can't sit it out, out of pure crazy songwriting and usage of strange playing techniques.

Demilich is an defunct finnish band by a couple of guys that were up to no good, starting making trouble in the neighbourhood. No, really. It's death metal without preconceptions about how it should sound, on what is heavy, what is cool, or whatever. Just their own personal artistic vision, what turns out to be incredibly scary, creepy, strange, outlandish and out-of-this-world.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice, I'm gonna check out Demilich soon after Clazzy's recommendations.

@Crash: Aw, man. Well, he's the boss.

SDKH
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not so much into death metal any more but when I was really into it, some of my favorite acts were Parkway drive, Antagonist, August burns red and Norma Jean (not Norma Jean Star of the Grand Ole Opry).

Antagonist might be hard for you to get though, as their only really known in good old New Zealand.

Edit: Just remembered 8 foot sativa, Another Good death metal act form New Zealand.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"Embedding disabled by request"

I haven't seen that before. If you double click on it, the video will pop up.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, there we go. Funny stuff.

- - -

Alright, my thoughts on the bands recommended to me, so far, thanks to their MySpace pages. I'll be judging them on just a few of their songs.

- In Flames: Not bad, a little light, and somewhat standard sounding for my taste.

- Opeth: Similar to In Flames, but slower and calmer.

- Dream Theater: Eh. Too light.

- The Dillinger Escape Plan: These guys are cool, but their not intense enough. Ever get goosebumps when you hear a really brutally cool song? Thats what I'm looking for. I could chill out to this bands songs. Their well made, lots of instruments, nice vocals.

- Isis: One word - smooth. Which is good, really nice semi-ambient songs, but again, a little light.

- Demilich: Just like CC! But with interesting vocals. Heh.

- Botch: All, riiieeght, these guys are rockin'. They're like a higher pitch sounding CC. Still fast, brutal, but not as dark sounding as CC's 'Corpse Grinder' era songs.

- Meshuggah: I like. Comparable to Botch. Cool songs. Some awesome time signatures, tempos.

- Gorgutz: Woh.... thats INSAnELY interesting, to be frank.

Beowulf
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Get off that death metal crap. It's just a heavier version of Slipknot and we all know how much they blow. Stupid posers.

Listen to some real metal like Iron Maiden and Megadeth, where a lot of these bands derive from. But of course, you can't leave out Dio-led Sabbath or Motorhead because let's face it, they pioneered metal and made it something behold.

If you like heavy, Slayer and Kreator are probably right up your alley.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

f*ck all your shit #Tongue
Agonoize is awesome.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Metallica is still the best for me #Tongue

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Renamon wrote:
Get off that death metal crap. It's just a heavier version of Slipknot and we all know how much they blow. Stupid posers.

Listen to some real metal like Iron Maiden and Megadeth, where a lot of these bands derive from. But of course, you can't leave out Dio-led Sabbath or Motorhead because let's face it, they pioneered metal and made it something behold.

Thats old school metal. Not that its bad; its quite good. Black Sabbath was like the first heavy metal band ever, they had some great songs. Metallica (their older stuff) & Slayer are pretty badass, but there almost nothing compared to CC, in terms of sheer brutalness, and THATS what I'm looking for.

@ChielScape: Yep, I'm starting to loose my mind. Very Happy

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Renamon wrote:

I can't take Megadeth seriously as a band. Dave Mustaine is a good guitarist but he can't write and he's crap at playing rhythm and he can't sing. Iron Maiden are good (albeit slightly repetitive). All Slayer songs sound the same (fast riff - > chorus riff - > end wankery). I don't see why you think modern bands aren't "metal". You could say that a lot of modern rock is the same as earlier metal but now it's hard rock. The Beatles were rock back in the day but nowadays most of their stuff would be considered pop music. What a genre encompasses change, get over it. Early metal is good but modern metal is good too.

Beowulf
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Slipknot isn't metal. It's lame. They have no talent, none. It's all the same riff the entire. No time signature changes, nothing. Same boring shit with every song they have. In short, they blow.

And I do realize genres change with time BUT the bands that pioneered certain things or existed decades don't change because times moved forward. Your example, The Beatles, is rock. It was then, it still is. The only difference is that today's rock is watered down and been dragged down to nothing but catchy 3 minute radio singles. I like some of it but what it was then is nothing like it is now. The magic is gone and all that's really left is cookie cutter mediocrity.

A few bands shine above the rest but the majority is trendy shit. Plain and simple.

Though... I will agree with one thing. Mustaine's vocals are iffy, especially live. Studio is alright for the most part though.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
Oshog
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Megadeth are a very, very talented band. Come on, their stuff is melodic, the text has a meaning and it gives you energy. Mustaine's voice - let's just say you need to like that. On concert the band sounds magnificent.

Sweating Bullets. FFS.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Renamon wrote:
Listen to some real metal like Iron Maiden and Megadeth.

lol how doez i write real structured and interesting songs instead of fuzzy distortion and drums?

Seriously only Kreator is worthy to be on a post with "real metal" in it.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
A few bands shine above the rest but the majority is trendy shit. Plain and simple.

Music has always been like that though. The Beatles started a trend of music and lots of other bands followed on the same wave. It happened with Led Zep and it especially happened with all the 80s pop. Pop music is just that, popular music.

Quote:
Slipknot isn't metal. It's lame. They have no talent, none. It's all the same riff the entire. No time signature changes, nothing. Same boring shit with every song they have. In short, they blow.

I would class them as a metal band but for the most part I don't like classifying bands by genre. I will do it if the need requires but classifying Pink Floyd as prog rock is a bit unfair because their music is so unique and evolved with each album. Classifying bands into a genre works for the generic bands. You can't call Slayer anything but thrash but I wouldn't class Metallica as a thrash band (maybe their earlier years but not much after AJFA).
I don't see why you don't like Slipknot, they may be very riff-based but that's where they excel. It's like saying you don't like AC/DC for the same reason, pretty much. I suppose it depends on what you want in music. I think Duality is a very good, well-written song although that's just my opinion.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just like any music, I like metal that is clean and creative. Yes, it's out there.
If the metal band knows how to sing, and add some good instrumentation every now and then like strings, piano, or classical guitar, I get really into it -
provides a good variety and a little more emotion than just "RAH RAH RAH BLAAAAAARGH" all the time.

Extol, All that Remains, Demon Hunter, August Burns Red, Becoming the Archetype, all excellent metal bands in my opinion.

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Beowulf
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You should try Dream Theater and OSI. They're quite amazing and have epic instrumentation and understandable vocals!

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I'm a big fan of Dream Theater's instrumental reincarnate, Liquid Tension Experiment, I don't like the Dream Theater guy's voice that much.

The Team Black Index

Beowulf
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Then try OSI. Same style but without the Labrie vocals.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OSI has a good style, crazy similar to Project 86.
Project 86 is another of my favorite bands, that's where I found the name "Team Black"

The Team Black Index

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also try Porcupine Tree, DCoder put me on to them and they're very similar.

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, Rockmax (the first Moravian Rock radio) have one one hour programme Maxi Hard Night (hard rock, death metal, etc.), all I remember a bit (except names of these bands like Suffication, Megadeath, ...): Six Feet Under: Revenge of the zombie Twisted Evil

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:
Extol, All that Remains, Demon Hunter, August Burns Red, Becoming the Archetype, all excellent metal bands in my opinion.

I noticed that they're pretty much all christian metal... Razz

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, pretty much.. take a guess why that is Razz

Cactus tree has a good sound, I'd say it's more on the rock side than metal, sort of like Chevelle minus the whiny emo voice

The Team Black Index

Beowulf
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Clazzy wrote:
I don't see why you don't like Slipknot, they may be very riff-based but that's where they excel. It's like saying you don't like AC/DC for the same reason, pretty much. I suppose it depends on what you want in music. I think Duality is a very good, well-written song although that's just my opinion.

Slipknot excels at being mainstream whores. They like to think they're edgy and cool but they're not. They're lame, trite hacks. The only reason they have the popularity they do is the huge idiot teenage fanbase who think they're hardcore for listening to an edgy band like Slipknot. That probably pisses me off more than Slipknot siphoning money off these delusional fools.

Now, I have no issues with the mainstream really, but I do have a problem with dolts like Slipknot who pretend they're not in it to just make a quick buck.

For the record, I actually like AC/DC. They have real solos and put on a good live show, which really counts.

In summation, Slipknot is the garbage ruining music today. As 4chan would put, they're the cancer killing /mu/.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

/mu/ killed itself.

ztyping Neutral Milk Hotel and Unpopular Tripfag.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So far no one's beaten CC in heaviness & brutality and coolness. So far.

As for singing, I just don't care about that. In fact, I'd prefer that all of CC's songs be instrumentals. Sometimes the screaming really does sound demonic, but thats not why I listen to them.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Instrumentals are pretty much pure win. Sometimes it's best to just shut up and let the instruments do the singing

The Team Black Index

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Disturbed is win. Don't care whether its classified as Nu or not, I just love it.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hitherto all of the suggestions have been relatively mainstream as far as death metal is concerned (minus, perhaps, demilich and the likes). Therefore I suggest the following:

The Chasm - their entire discography is quite good, classic and with a genuinely melodic touch (that is in distinction to 'melodic death metal').

Mithras - excellent atmospheric death metal, quite different from the other bands suggested but all the better.

Wormed - great themes, based upon your tastes you'd probably like them due to their grind influences.

Rudra - quite nice, vedic themed metal, includes some instrumentation and vocals apt to the theme, making it fairly interesting.

Eucharist - fairly old band, but their Mirrorworlds album is quite good as far as melodic death metal is concerned.

Augury - some cosmic themed technical/progressive death metal, suggested.

I'll also suggest the entire discography of Esoteric (UK), although it's relatively unique to any other metal band, the atmosphere they exude is intense, and death/grind influences are found throughout their detailed tapestries of sound.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DAMN! I'm sorry Mr. B0nd, I didn't see you're post, until now.

And if it wasn't for Cannibal Corpse's new album release, I'd definitely check out your suggestions... yes, CC has released a new album...

And it, freakin', kicks, SOULS. They finally put actual endings to at least half of their songs...

Short but awesome: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YpFwdWWyAg

Cool: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFfhizlPRxg

Intense: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcLgwMm7s88

Yes, Youtube quality sucks asshole shit turd ztype (you need the original sound files, you gotta have the base booster, and either good earbuds, or an awesome 7.1 surround sound. 5.1 works too. Hell, even 2.1, a good quality one), so I don't exactly do the songs justice... but man, they hit the spot - for me, at least.

This albums comparable (actual sound quality wise) to The Wretched Spawn, and just as cool as the aforementioned, plus Vile, Bleeding, Tomb of the Mutilated, and I personally liked Gore Obsessed... as well as Bloodthirst... and who can forget their classics Eaten Back to Life, and Butchered at Birth. Kill was intense. Gallery of Suicide was very trippy. ztype, they're all good.

But I think it's safe to say that this one is probably their best, alongside Spawn... these are all album titles BTW.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SUFFOCATION
!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyvulC4kaqs

How did I miss these guys? Oh, right, no radio station plays them, crap like that, low publicity world wide.

I've found them. The new ultimate heavy band. They're even heavier than Cannibal Corpse, definitely faster.

My two favourite bands of all time: Cannibal Corpse, and Suffocation.

EVERY OTHER BAND IN THE WORLD DOES AMBIENT MUSIC, in comparison. Praise these dudes.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've found them.

The unholy trinity's music has been stuck my head for awhile now, especially the fairly recently aquired third piece; they REALLY, show... power.

Very Happy

My three favourite death metal bands are:

Cannibal Corpse

Suffocation

aaaaaaannd....

HATE ETERNAL.

- - -

CC is the Joker, 'cept more gory.

HE is the Daemon King.

Suffocation is kinda like a mixture of the two.

- - -

Anyways these bands will clear all of the shit out of your senses, allowing you to rise. I mean just listen to THIS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nItITq0srA&feature=PlayList&p=B69CB514C244C950&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=29

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You haven't heard anything yet man.

Incantation - Unholy Massacre (this stuff is heavy)

Demigod - Slumber of Sullen Eyes (stays melodic, but keeps a brutal atmosphere)

Gorguts - Das Martyrium Des... (written by music students, intense music)

Atheist - Unquestionable Presence (feel those jazz vibes man)

dISEMBOWELMENT - The Tree of Life and Death (this stuff is so heavy, it crushes Mammoth tanks)

Cryptopsy - Defenestration (those basslines are so thick, you can almost touch it)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQnOMtxgc1w
[/youtube]

Demilich - The Sixteenth Six-Tooth Son of Fourteen Four-Region (the finns are insane)

Phlebotomized - Mustardgas (dutch prog death glory)

Pan.Thy.Monium - Lava (this is really progressive music, seriously, saxophones and more weird stuff)

Dark Templar X
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stop listening to shitty music. My god.

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon