Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:01 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Life sucks and then you die.
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [50 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject:  Life sucks and then you die. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Prove wrong?

I'm in a such difficult situation right now,if ill fail my learning,Ill get back to my country and it will be impossible to find a proper job ,for living.

And I have to learn on my 200%,shit its hard.There are guys who do this stuff for ten years for now and I only for one week.Shit,its hard.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Life sucks. That's why it's so much fun.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Life sucks and then you die. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

vefbl4 wrote:
Prove wrong?

I'm in a such difficult situation right now,if ill fail my learning,Ill get back to my country and it will be impossible to find a proper job ,for living.

And I have to learn on my 200%,shit its hard.There are guys who do this stuff for ten years for now and I only for one week.Shit,its hard.

Bang the teacher; nah, I'm joking.

But seriously, what exactly are you're having difficulty with?

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I dont remember how its called in english.Its like when a guy uses fire(wire and gas) to combine two steel plates.Man im dumm. Laughing

But still,lol.

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Melt?

Oh, and I bet you're not dumb.
You have things you're bad at and things where you're good at, it's normal. Wink

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welding?

MT
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Auto Industry?

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welding.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Only Human life sucks.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Listen mate, year and half ago my dad kicked me out home with 5 dollars and tram ticket and i am still alive have cash, i am renting a flat and live in happines. You are not worse than i. you can handle it.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There are dollars in Russia? o___o

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No.. there are Rubles in Russia.. but it is easy to recalculate funds in US dollars instead RR, while chating with foreign people. It is saves time for both of us.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

google image "demotivational posters life"

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gangster wrote:
Listen mate, year and half ago my dad kicked me out home with 5 dollars and tram ticket and i am still alive have cash, i am renting a flat and live in happines. You are not worse than i. you can handle it.

Damn, how'd you do it?

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Life sucks and then you die. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

vefbl4 wrote:
Prove wrong?

no.
YOUR life sucks.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Harsh but so funny, you just went on a giant smiley spree didn't you chiel?

I'm going to fail something this year, ah well.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

2 DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

well.. simply... I have had to find place to sleep so i did a visit to several friend of mine and have made a call to my ex-girlfriends. at the end of a day i have had eight places to stop for a night. i have bought a few newspapers and got a job after few days...

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lt Albrecht wrote:

awesomepost is awesome

Bako'Ikaporamee
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

vefbl4, it sounds like you're talking about arc welding. That's actually not that hard (well for me anyway), but it is damn repetitive, and definitely not my idea of a job.

Oh, fuggerbuggerrit!

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ChielScape wrote:
Lt Albrecht wrote:

awesomepost is awesome

Will see in some time later,how you will be joking. Wink Time is always right.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gangster wrote:
2 DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

well.. simply... I have had to find place to sleep so i did a visit to several friend of mine and have made a call to my ex-girlfriends. at the end of a day i have had eight places to stop for a night. i have bought a few newspapers and got a job after few days...

Fastfood?

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not kidding, I've got 11 GCSEs to do and if I get below a B on any of them I consider that screwey.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ChielScape wrote:
Lt Albrecht wrote:

awesomepost is awesome

ban post is ban.

Your excessive amount of insults mixed with stupid pictures = ban hammer hit. Bye bye and I have no clue when I'll unban your account.

MT
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, there is moderation going on again!

Last edited by MT on Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:12 am; edited 2 times in total

Beowulf
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, ban Chiel for being Chiel and then leave stupid n00bs running rampant. BANSHEE WIELDS THE BANHAMMER THE WRONG WAY YET AGAIN! >_>

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
L()KI
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

life sucks...sometimes, not formy dogs though, those spoiled bitches, oh look one just trotted in from sleeping on my bed I bet.

I have to get taller! thats what sucks for me, im 20 and im only 5.67.

Bako'Ikaporamee
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Uggh, another banhammer orbital strike.

Eat your veg, L()ki. Might help, heh. 17 here, and 6' 2".

Oh, fuggerbuggerrit!

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Renamon wrote:
Yeah, ban Chiel for being Chiel and then leave stupid n00bs running rampant. BANSHEE WIELDS THE BANHAMMER THE WRONG WAY YET AGAIN! >_>

You are behaving like a n00b recently in a similar (yet lighter) way than Chiel was. So, yea, there are still some n00bs haunting the area.

Beowulf
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not behaving like a n00b. I find that very insulting. I'm forceful, and not afraid to tell it how it is like IcySon and DCoder do. I'm not about to pretty up any thoughts so someone doesn't get offended. ztype that. I use my free speech. Now exercise your right to ignore it instead of just silencing shit you don't like.

Grow a pair Banshee. Crack down on stupid shit like Javier and kgb123 a little more instead of Chisel's twisted sense of humor. Rolling Eyes

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IcySon and DCoder are terrible examples that, unfortunately, people follow. Non n00bs doesn't need to be agressive, insult others in order to proove any point. You can post very smart posts without flame anyone and make the person notice their fool action.

MT
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Method 1:
You are an idiot | You Fail | Leave here until you grow a brain

Method 2:
------- is not useful or contributing in anyway. | You should really consider the effects of -------, its quite obvious to anyone that the result will be -------. | ------- is wrong, what you should do is -------.

Both can achieve similar effects (n00b takes time and realizes mistake/idiocy), but the first method more often ruins entire threads with flame wars and enraged members.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The first method multiplies the amount of n00bs in a topic while the second doesn't increase it.

Beowulf
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
IcySon and DCoder are terrible examples that, unfortunately, people follow. Non n00bs doesn't need to be agressive, insult others in order to proove any point. You can post very smart posts without flame anyone and make the person notice their fool action.

We're aggressive because that how you get the job done. You can't just hold someone's hand and tell them it's alright every time they ztype up. That's not learning, that's coddling and it's the reason the community is in such sorry shape. If you don't have the few of us step and tell it like it is, mediocrity reigns supreme and that turns into what's considered great. That reflects poorly on the community as a whole if that's what's so highly regarded. Just because we're not happy go ztyping lucky all the ztyping time doesn't mean we're not trying to be helpful.

You'd do well to rethink your position on our methods, and your own. Stop coddling and protecting the idiots so they can actually learn instead of having to ask a question at every goddamn turn.

[EDIT] If you think it doesn't work, look at Hogo. He started off as a moron n00b and I actually helped him work at it and be much better than he would be if I had just held his hand for everything. So if you think our methodology is whack, just keep that in mind.

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since this is destined for the crap forum anyways...
Beowulf, there are many internet communities made up entirely of people like that. They are aggressive towards newbies, and just generally rude.
Frankly, the people who practice that philosophy are condescending elitist idiots with an unfortunate inability to empathise.
I pity them.

You need to straighten up and realise that that attitude pushes far more people away than it helps.
No one joins a community that insults and patronises them, and no one would join this community if everyone were like you.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Your method may rescue one n00b at the same time that it turns other 9 into n00bs. This is what you do not understand. It is not effective at all.

Beowulf
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DeathRay2K wrote:
Beowulf, there are many internet communities made up entirely of people like that. They are aggressive towards newbies, and just generally rude.
Frankly, the people who practice that philosophy are condescending elitist idiots with an unfortunate inability to empathise.
I pity them.

You need to straighten up and realise that that attitude pushes far more people away than it helps.
No one joins a community that insults and patronises them, and no one would join this community if everyone were like you.

Wrong. I am not aggressive towards newbies. I'm rather helpful to most people, as are most of us. HOWEVER, the stupid n00bs who refuse to try anything on their own, they're the ones who get the anger thrown at them and it's with good reason. Even the most patient people will throw up their hands in frustration and let the douche have it.

I think you misunderstand our methods. It's not always brutal anger. Rolling Eyes

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it's a highly situational situation. Like you said, modding ability has nothing to do with it, but instead the attitude of the person in question.
A sour attitude by any member is obviously going to get soured back.I'd have to say the exception is for the noobs who steal assets and claim them to be their own, bumping 100 topics, racism, sexism, or other uncalled for actions against the forum rules despite warning. I can understand saying a few choice things to them before an admin bans their ass for good.

/a few drinks

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm a welder. need help ? scorpionim6@msn.com

I'm usually online between 3:00am and 6:00am central time

Lastly..stop the whining it will get you nowhere in life, you just gotta keep trying.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DeathRay2K wrote:
I pity them.

Wise words, buddy. 100% agreed.

Beowulf wrote:
Wrong. I am not aggressive towards newbies. I'm rather helpful to most people, as are most of us. HOWEVER, the stupid n00bs who refuse to try anything on their own, they're the ones who get the anger thrown at them and it's with good reason. Even the most patient people will throw up their hands in frustration and let the douche have it.

I think you misunderstand our methods. It's not always brutal anger. Rolling Eyes

Your methods still ruin many communities and it is seriously deteriorating PPM as well. It makes whole community look arrogant, elitists and scares a lot of potential modders who could improve a lot the community. As admin, I cannot allow that to happen. If you wanna do it on Freedom Studios, where you rule. Go ahead, it is your forum. But do not do it here. If a person refuses to try anything on their own and read what you say, do not waste your time replying them. Nobody forces you to reply to n00bs. If the n00b is abusing, report it to me and I'll deal with it.

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It seems someone just understood why life sometimes sucks. #Tongue Very Happy

Yes,the thread gone all wrong.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
DeathRay2K wrote:
I pity them.

Wise words, buddy. 100% agreed.

Beowulf wrote:

Your methods still ruin many communities and it is seriously deteriorating PPM as well. It makes whole community look arrogant, elitists and scares a lot of potential modders who could improve a lot the community. As admin, I cannot allow that to happen. If you wanna do it on Freedom Studios, where you rule. Go ahead, it is your forum. But do not do it here. If a person refuses to try anything on their own and read what you say, do not waste your time replying them. Nobody forces you to reply to n00bs. If the n00b is abusing, report it to me and I'll deal with it.

Depends.

I enjoy the smaller boards on 4chan. Small userbase, maybe not even exceeding 100 people, yet arrogant, critical, paranoid and outright rude clogged together around one hobby.

If you create something they like, it's a real accomplishment.

To be honest, when I work on normal pen'n'paper artwork or something I first post it on 4chan than here, because 4chan has much more motivational critisism on artwork than here...

Beowulf
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:

What's worse? People who know what they're talking about or idiots who make you look like a weak administration? I'd say the latter is quite a bit more damaging to your rep than having knowledge. Rolling Eyes

PPM used to be great. Now it's a sloppy mess of n00b protection and crap.

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The real question is which is better, a community that embraces new users, helps them, encourages them, or a community that shuns anyone who isn't one of them, anyone that doesn't live up to some personal code they've invented?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Beowulf wrote:
Banshee wrote:

What's worse? People who know what they're talking about or idiots who make you look like a weak administration? I'd say the latter is quite a bit more damaging to your rep than having knowledge. Rolling Eyes

PPM used to be great. Now it's a sloppy mess of n00b protection and crap.

You are making me look like a weak administrator and I'm almost banning you.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DeathRay2K wrote:
The real question is which is better, a community that embraces new users, helps them, encourages them, or a community that shuns anyone who isn't one of them, anyone that doesn't live up to some personal code they've invented?

A little from column A, a little from column B, although its easier to focus on one or the other.

If Chielscape just didn't include that pic, he probably wouldn't have been banned.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't think that would have mattered, Cheil's been banned before, and he was hanging on a VERY thin thread.

As for the rest, it really isn't worth making all kinds of fuss about. We're talking with "what-if's" with noobies, but TBH there really aren't that many, and usually they are treated properly anyways.
It's really nothing worth getting this concerned about. Really, these types of conversations do more harm to the community than the noobs in question ever will.

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:
Really, these types of conversations do more harm to the community than the noobs in question ever will.

Quoted for Truth.

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He was banned,because he made a mistake,thinking he is the centre of the world. I think thats the problem.

Btw,whats the fuzz about those newbies,theres no newbies in this thread?

MT
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

vefbl4 wrote:
whats the fuzz about those newbies,theres no newbies in this thread?

Not newbies. Its about n00bish behavior.
Newbies and n00bs are two different things...

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee, your aim is noble but about as effective as challenging the hulk to an arm-wrestle.

KGB123 deserves a ban, Chiel deserves an unban. All chielscape does is take offensive humour too far. You never banned gufu... KGB has been consistently been rude, stupid, n00bish, blatantly in contradiction of the rules...
And un-banned.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [50 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon