Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:01 pm
All times are UTC + 0
The Banshee Bomber
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 3:37 pm    Post subject:  The Banshee Bomber Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've made a Banshee Bomber voxel. It's one of my first voxels so i'd like some constructive criticism Razz

bansheebomber2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  71.81 KB
 Viewed:  4979 Time(s)

bansheebomber2.jpg

bansheebomber3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  8.17 KB
 Viewed:  4977 Time(s)

bansheebomber3.jpg

The DvD

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The DvD wrote:
I've made a Banshee Bomber voxel. It's one of my first voxels so i'd like some constructive criticism Razz
BTW thanks to Firestorm for the Normals tip...Wink

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maxim has a good point when he commented that in TS:TW forum. It looks good, but not much different from the original Banshee....(Maybe someone can compare it with my avatar #Tongue)

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i think that the orca bomber have a look of stealth plane

The DvD

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so, what should i change to make it look different, then? the shape? (maybe even rounder)

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

how about having it come back to a point in the back to look like a stingray kind thing?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Maxim has a good point when he commented that in TS:TW forum

i didn't say that, i asked a to have a screeny to make a good comparaison

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah maybe you can change the shape a bit, the only difference i can see is it''s size compared to the normal Banshee :S

http://www.tiberiumsun.com/tsr/

Damn...Tutorials Links Doesnt Works Anymore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mhhh you could perhaps make a skin for it

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sk8erkid wrote:
how about having it come back to a point in the back to look like a stingray kind thing?

I really like this idea, i think it fits the style of the banshee perfectly.

The DvD

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

can you give an example of this stingray thing, i have no clue..

btw, the shape really is different, the "wings" are much more pointed towards the front of the unit.

Dragon Stein Cole
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

its good, but too similar to the orig.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL
Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

something like this... (ps i just edited your pic, not the voxel)

bansheetest.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  4.75 KB
 Viewed:  4920 Time(s)

bansheetest.jpg

Venom
Laser Commando

Location: Floating along the river Stix, just about inside Hades but not quite there.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

a little skinnier though when coming off the rear of the banshee, because most that i've seen don't look quite like that, but thats a good starter

[img]http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/download.php?id=953[/img]

The DvD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Skaterkid, i had something kinda like this in my first version but removed it, dunno why... anyway, the way you drew it, it's a bit too long IMO... i'll work on this voxel a bit more today.

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sk8erkid wrote:
something like this... (ps i just edited your pic, not the voxel)

It will look cheap when it's on the ground though.

Venom
Laser Commando

Location: Floating along the river Stix, just about inside Hades but not quite there.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the aircraft that they have in TS besides the banshee, look like major piles of crap to me. If you can get it to look better than the TS stuff then I think you'd get plenty of people playing it

The DvD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Venom wrote:
the aircraft that they have in TS besides the banshee, look like major piles of crap to me. If you can get it to look better than the TS stuff then I think you'd get plenty of people playing it
that's what TSR is doing with the new orca's... but i don't see the point of that. is the game really more fun when your Orca looks a bit better? no. however, graphics do matter mostly when they provide atmosphere. that's why smiffgig posted the dynamic lighing thread, to show that TS can still provide great atmosphere even with Generals being here. It's also the reasons why the maps i make are quite dark en use many lightposts..

Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

all the mush brains out there that just download other peoples mods instead of making they're own are looking for something new, exciting, better than before, and the TS aircraft if anything are new

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dvd, did you resize the existing voxel or did you make a new one?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
The DvD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SeaMan wrote:
Dvd, did you resize the existing voxel or did you make a new one?
both. it has a different shape, but it's based off a resized normal banshee

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon