Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:03 am
All times are UTC + 0
Unofficial VXLSE III 1.38.R.1.0
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [40 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject:  Unofficial VXLSE III 1.38.R.1.0
Subject description: Roach's Version: New Shortcut keys added
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really hated how VXLSE III lack shortcut keys and how producing voxels devolve into a clickfest so I found the source code lying in my Hard Drive and decided to code in a few shortcut keys to lessen the burden I have get through all the time. Download, extract and place the executable in you VXLSE III directory, run it and enjoy Smile

It works fine for me.

EDIT: I made some small changes to the existing shortcuts to make it feel more comfortable and added one extra shortcut that allows you to toggle disable/enable 3d view by pressing 'X' since I forgot add that earlier.

EDIT: Anyone that is using an older version, I suggest you to redownload it again so that way you have the latest version. Also includes readme.

Preview.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  20.49 KB
 Viewed:  33754 Time(s)

Preview.png

VXLSE III 1.38.R.1.2.PN.zip
 Description:
For those who prefer classic pink normals palette

Download
 Filename:  VXLSE III 1.38.R.1.2.PN.zip
 Filesize:  784.17 KB
 Downloaded:  1022 Time(s)

VXLSE III 1.38.R.1.2.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  VXLSE III 1.38.R.1.2.zip
 Filesize:  784.19 KB
 Downloaded:  1138 Time(s)

Quote:
Everybody knows a mod that doesn't update every ten seconds is dead.

Last edited by Roaches on Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:14 pm; edited 5 times in total

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very useful, Roaches!

Chaotic General
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Downloaded! Very Happy

This something I thought was really needed, and wondered why it was never there.

Thanks Roaches!

And Thanks Banshee (and the rest of the team)
for the Original VXLSE

Chaotic General

Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks and I agree, the point of developing mod tools is to make the user interface less of a burden as much as possible for the average joe compared to recent revisions. I can't believe why banshee never thought of this. And now it takes me half the time to make something than before.

Right now I'm examining the Remove Redundant Voxel code and the voxel engine.

BTW, I changed the Normals palette back to classic pink, tho I also experimented with different color gradients. Wink

Quote:

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Posted in the news.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Accelerators are a nice thing to start with i suppose, now enhance the drawing code xD

Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I made some small changes to the existing shortcuts to make it feel more comfortable and added one extra shortcut that allows you to toggle disable/enable 3d view by pressing 'X' since I forgot add that earlier.

and I decided to scrap the pink Normals palette cause think some people would feel unconfortable if I get rid of the grayscale Normals palette.

Quote:

Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All hail king Roaches Exclamation

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Makes you wonder why Banshee hasn't ever done this...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are you using the material from the SVN?

And please, inform me the changed code, so I can add it into future versions. I'm still working on this tool (just had a little pause last weekend because of the Global Game Jam).

Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No I used the source that was included along with VXLSE III 1.38 installer

I'll load the source code once I feel I don't need to do any more modifications

BTW I uploaded a newer version that adds more shortcut keys to the axis navigations. readme is included in the zip.

EDIT: uploaded the version for those prefer classic pink normals palette Smile

Quote:

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That sucks. The SVN with the latest source code is public for a reason. We we've changed that a lot already.

I hope you can provide the code changes that you've made, rather than the full source code itself, since I won't be comparing an old version with yours to figure out what you've changed or not...

Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That I can do, can you send me your current source code in a zip; so that way I can add my code to the current sources you have.

I can't stand having to download each file individually

Quote:

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Learn SVN? ...because that's what Banshee wants you to do. He won't and shouldn't zip the latest sources since they are online for you to download yourself. That's what the SVN is for...

Quote:
I can't stand having to download each file individually

You don't have to if you have an SVN client. Like: http://www.tortoisesvn.net/

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The SVN client automatically detects the modified files and even merge them. It is very pratical and much easier to work with it.

Simply download it at the URL that Icy provided above. Then, you install it. Restart your pc.

Then create a new directory where VXLSE will be developped. Do not use an existing one.

Then, right click your created directory and choose Checkout.

You should need to provide a link... which is available at the welcome.txt in the root.
Here's the direct link:

http://svn.ppmsite.com/filedetails.php?repname=OS Voxel Tools&path=%2FWelcome.txt&rev=0&sc=0

Once you do it, PM me and I'll create an account for you, so you can commit.

Anyway, once you checkout you can:

-> Update: this brings the latest source code into your machine and merges it with your current code.

-> Commit: You place your changes online. Make sure you make a good description of everything that you changed. Do not commit .dcu files and ignore conflicts with the executable (simply recompile the program and mark it as resolved).

Note that PPM's SVN is offline at the moment, since it wasn't moved with the site yet. It is still on Fawkes. This situation should get sorted in the next days.

Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks and noted, I'll PM you later. Smile

Quote:

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A five minute job and we got loads of new shortcut keys for vxlse III 1.39.04 Smile. I'll be sure to Commit once my you received my PM. TBH, I'd never see a voxeller myself becoming a developer. Very Happy

Whats new?

Lots of shortcut keys has been added to improve user interface
and lessen the burden and time wasted, making everyones life easier
for the rest of us.

Draw = Q
Eyedropper = S
Line tool = A
Eraser = E
Flood Fill = F
Flood Erase = R
Filled Rectangle = D
Framed Rectangle = W
Darken tool = Z
Lighten tool = C
Toggle disable 3d view = X

**XYZ navigation keys**

J = move up one layer in the X axis
Shift+J = move down one layer in the X axis

K = move up one layer in the Y axis
Shift+K = move down one layer in the Y axis

L = move up one layer in the Z axis
Shift+L = move down one layer in the Z axis

//Nudge shortcuts already exist in the latest version
//Shift+Ctrl+up = Nudge up 1
//Shift+Ctrl+down = Nudge down 1
//Shift+Ctrl+left = Nudge left 1
//Shift+Ctrl+right = Nudge right 1

***Added shortcut keys to the latest VXLSE III 1.39.04 revision.48 today***

Measuring tool = V

Quote:

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Have you really edited the source of the SVN? If you did, you might take a look into this function:

procedure TFrmMain.FormKeyDown(Sender: TObject; var Key: Word;
Shift: TShiftState);

That moves the x, y, z layers up and down with shift + x, y or z. (shift goes backwards and without shift, it goes forward for each direction)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ahhh... sorry for the double post, but it's worth mentioning, at the OnCreate procedures on FormMain:

Code:
   // Setting up nudge shortcuts.
   Nudge1Left1.ShortCut := ShortCut(VK_LEFT,[ssShift,ssCtrl]);
   Nudge1Right1.ShortCut := ShortCut(VK_RIGHT,[ssShift,ssCtrl]);
   Nudge1Up1.ShortCut := ShortCut(VK_UP,[ssShift,ssCtrl]);
   Nudge1Down1.ShortCut := ShortCut(VK_DOWN,[ssShift,ssCtrl]);

So, the nudge shortcuts also existed for ages.

Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ya I dowloaded the source from the SVN using the client. and added the new shortcut codes in it already, Build it and works like a charm. Right now I'm examining the Remove Redundant Voxel code to see if I can improve it so it can leave two layers instead of one since I long agree with this suggestion by Stingerr http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9389

And I already know that the nudge shortcuts exist in the latest revision.
I only added them to the older version that I was using to make things easier for me.

Quote:

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do not waste your time with Remove Redundant Voxels. I'm also working on it because of the new TVoxelMap class (VoxelMap.pas).

I'm almost done with it, but there is a method in this new class that is not providing the expected results. It's just a matter of hours.. to fix it.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
**XYZ navigation keys**

J = move up one layer in the X axis
Shift+J = move down one layer in the X axis

K = move up one layer in the Y axis
Shift+K = move down one layer in the Y axis

L = move up one layer in the Z axis
Shift+L = move down one layer in the Z axis

I'm wondering... Why is using jkl easier for the final user than using xyz for this kind of thing?

Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeehaa! thanks for the fixing the Remove Redundant Voxel feature, Finally I can have a lagless vxlse Very Happy but one bug tho I'm sure you know about it already: TS Normals index 35 doesn't display properly, I'm sure you fix that later.

Oh and why I decided to use J,K,L for axis navigation is because it feels more comfortable as I use my left hand to hold the shift key while I keep my right hand on JKL keys for quicker axis navigation than having to move my fingers across the keyboard, tho I'm sure everyone would be more comfortable with it. Wink

ts normals bugs.PNG
 Description:
TS normals index 35 doesn't display properly.
 Filesize:  10.18 KB
 Viewed:  33256 Time(s)

ts normals bugs.PNG

Quote:

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TS normal #35 bug has been fixed on revision 52.

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

btw to redundant voxels...
autonormals delete voxelunits randomly when normalizing...is this fixed already?

just a simple logo by bricks @ raminator, on Flickr

Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Strange? when did this started to happen? I haven't encountered such a bug yet. Mind posting a screenshot of what happened? and since its related to autonormals its beyond my capability of fixing it since I'm not familiar with the Normals code along with advanced vectors mathematics so I don't touch that part of the source.

Quote:

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've never heard of that one either. I mean, I wrote the code and certainly didn't made it delete voxel units on any condition at all.

Which version (revision) are you using?

And which autonormals are you using?

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Roaches wrote:
Oh and why I decided to use J,K,L for axis navigation is because it feels more comfortable as I use my left hand to hold the shift key while I keep my right hand on JKL keys for quicker axis navigation than having to move my fingers across the keyboard, tho I'm sure everyone would be more comfortable with it. Wink

I don't find it that comfortable TBH, I only use my left hand on the keyboard & now the shift key is either too close or too far from the navigation keys to feel right. All of the new short cuts are on the left side of the keyboard too so its annoying changing from one side to another.

I can understand that most ppl use both hands when using a keyboard & this layout will probably feel better for a lot of ppl but because of this change I'm gona have to use the older version of VXLSE :/

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

happend in all versions...
pmed you a voxel where you can take a look at it...
it should be shapewise symmetrically...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've tested it here with all autonormals and... no, auto normals do not eat its pixels. But the way it sets its normals (specially the tangent plane one) makes an ilusion that may trick almost every user that some pixels were eaten. But if you pay a special attention, you'll see that they weren't eaten at all.

But all auto-normals fails hard with this vehicle.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Errr... Roach. You are changing the short cuts for the XYZ navigation a way too often without a proper design.

Do not decide the keys based if a user is left or right handed, for Gods sake. Try to make the program intuitive, instead. Make sure that the thing is the most obvious thing as possible. If you do not know the best way to make it intuitive, then, let the user decide how do they prefer.

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok...maybe just the older versions eat my voxels #Tongue

Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll have to give your new remove redundant a try Banshee.. I usually just do it by hand bu that's a pain:P

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Simple option would be to make it so that shortcuts can be choosen by the users. That way you can have the standard shortcuts as well as "Left handed" ones, etc for people to choose from, or custom so they can make there own.

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1.4 doesn't work in many graphic cards.

Further more, even on this modified 1.38... the program doesn't recognize the palette swap scripts from the 1.4 data.

Where should they be?

2017-01-10 23_08_00-Voxel Section Editor III v1.38.R.1.2 [BIGMCV.vxl].png
 Description:
 Filesize:  7.22 KB
 Viewed:  13559 Time(s)

2017-01-10 23_08_00-Voxel Section Editor III v1.38.R.1.2 [BIGMCV.vxl].png

2017-01-10 21_55_45-Application Title.png
 Description:
1,4 doesn't start properly
 Filesize:  16.62 KB
 Viewed:  13560 Time(s)

2017-01-10 21_55_45-Application Title.png

2017-01-10 23_08_10-VXLSE III 1.38.R.1.2.png
 Description:
1.38 version not swowing cscheme changes
 Filesize:  12.93 KB
 Viewed:  13560 Time(s)

2017-01-10 23_08_10-VXLSE III 1.38.R.1.2.png

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
1.4 doesn't work in many graphic cards.

This is not true, except if you are dealing with ancient video cards (and by ancient I mean over 12 years old ones or some old monsters from Intel).

Quote:
Further more, even on this modified 1.38... the program doesn't recognize the palette swap scripts from the 1.4 data.

Don't expect me to support any 1.38 version. The differences between the newer 1.4 for any 1.38 is absurd in terms of code.

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is true. My card is "barely" nine years old and an ATI clone. From our modder facebook group, we are five currently active ones, and for two of us, the 1.4 just doesn't work. Plus, we are modding a sixteen year old game... if we had the latest hardware, we would probably be doing SCII or something :v :v

Can we at least get the last updated unofficial 1.38/1.39, which had anti-black hole "remove redundant voxels" functionality?

(VXLSE III 1.39.04 revision.48 for example)

There was once a link to it somewhere, but it got auto-"updated" with 1.4 ...

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Make a copy of cschemes folder and rename it to cscheme (without the last s).
Now you should get the scripts on the toolbar for older version.

If you want older versions go to SVN 1.4 link and click on Log link. And then in
the max entry type 600 etc. and use show all option. You will get all version links.
Go there and download. You can remove the source code materials for cleanup.

Like for 1.39.04 revision 49
http://svn.ppmsite.com/dl.php?repname=OS+Voxel+Tools&path=%2Fvxlseiii14x%2F&isdir=1&rev=49&peg=49

Newer versions also have the remove redundant voxels functionality but on
another menu item.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [40 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum