Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:45 am
All times are UTC + 0
Temperate Theater
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 5 of 6 [285 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Correct. Four large terrain tiles make up this piece.

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Would you mind PMing those 4 pieces to me just so I can look at it. Because that might be the most impressive thing I have ever seen, and I would love to look at it.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seriously you guys...

jizzedinmypants.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.38 MB
 Viewed:  22476 Time(s)

jizzedinmypants.gif

blubb
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the interior ground lightning/darkening of the gate is wrong

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Rayne
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BEAUTIFUL. Every piece of art from TI is just beautiful. Whenever this is released, send an email to rasmus_mega@hotmail.com with the title "TIBERIAN SUN MOD TWISTED INSURRECTION"

...just in case I forget to check ppm.

VV
http://ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25048

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
jizzedinmypants

that song is retarded. Never bring it up again.

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Your retarded.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The lock button is glistening.

Chaotic General
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Freakn', well It looks like it is back to the drawing boards for me.
(I was thinking about making something like that, but I dont want to take anyones ideas)

That is awesome, I cannot wait for this mod/TC to be finished.

Chaotic

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nearing the completion of the Temperate theater now. We're mainly focusing on fixing up previous things rather than adding new things and replacing things entirely now. M7 just finished off altering the shore set to better fit TI's clear tiles. , not much more work to go now (excluding cliffs which hopefully Mig Eater will do soon.Smile). Inspiration had hit last night when Me, Mig Eater and M7 all got the urge to work on terrain, we got plenty of things done that had been on the to-do list for a long time (mainly small errors in the terrain and fixing up edges), along with these smaller fixes Mig Eater produced some additional tiles for the High Concrete Cliff set which can form a full 360 circle!

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

w00t I'm working with the pros of their games.

The terrain came out pretty good. TBH, I figured I'd be redoing each set halfway through due to unnoticeable results.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Everything looks so bloody beautiful, it brings a tear into my eye.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As I was never fond of the first pavement set I made for this terrain re-work I decided to go over it again.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is better than the previous, but still I feel that it looks too detailed. It has too much texture, imo. The edges are great, on the other hand. I really do like those.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's the kind of feedback I'm looking for! Thanks for the input.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

xD
Well, to be more precise, here is what an airport runway looks like form above and far away: http://static.photo.net/attachments/bboard/00T/00TLFC-134161584.jpg Notice that the grain of tarmac is not visible, only marks of wear from long use.

It actually takes some finding to find a pic of concrete or pavement from high above. Seems people don't see the significance of photographing it...

Lord Unforgiven
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think it's better and probably the best you'll get. I like tiles that have textures like these. If you're after more realism, however, better follow Orac. Because I don't like realistic tiles Tongue

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TS' pavement actually looked quite good, imo.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New crops, courtesy of Droke.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shiny. But now the TS stuff looks [more] like shit.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know right? Another reason why I want Regulus to finish those remasters.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ztyping terrain bastards.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow, i can't believe how much better this looks compared to the vanilla TS terrain. Surprised (hey Aro, can you make a before/after gif showing vanilla TS terrain and then TIs terrain?)
The new crops also definitely look much better than the old ones.

Now only some trees still need to be redone, so they aren't that plain green colored and have more contrast.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sure, I'll put a few of those together and post them here when they're done. As for trees, I'll be working on them soon, I can either do some C4D Trees or talk with Mig Eater when he gets online. I'll be doing the C4D option anyway once I find the correct plug-in.

Edit: Here's one before and after .GIF showing one of my favourite TI ground shots.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Get rid of the comic book TS trees and you're completely set in my opinion. The rest of it looks really gorgeous. I can't complain about the TI terrain. Smile Its honestly a very complete and gorgeous set. I don't think any mod has such nice terrain.

But yeah get rid of those shitty TS trees if you can, they look too cheesy against the desolate and barren terrain of TI.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Redid the pavement again and some remade the urban circle details (Thanks to Droke's assistance!). I was pretty lazy when making this shot and didn't detail the maps but you get the gist of it.

pizza and new pavement.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  363.65 KB
 Viewed:  21497 Time(s)

pizza and new pavement.PNG

Droke
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I find it interesting that you stuck the monument on every single one for a test shot. >_>

Last edited by Droke on Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:42 am; edited 2 times in total

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The added depth and 3d effect really improves them a lot. great work.

Last edited by Lin Kuei Ominae on Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:41 am; edited 2 times in total

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Droke wrote:
I find it interesting that you stuck the monument on every single one for a test shot. >_>

ROFLMAO!!! Well yeah, why not. You know how they look without the monument on them!

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I fear the lighting on the pavement transitions is wrong. While they have a brighter edge on the NW,N and NE and a darker edge in the SW,S and SE, it should be actually vice versa as the sun is standing in the SW so the shadow is pointing to the NE.

Public SHPs

Tools

Droke
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

On the pavement lat or the pizzas?

!DarkRose
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

On the pavement lat, i think he means the blending edges.

Silly taco fumbling unicorns nocturnally launch basketballs, Hell March.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah it was mentioned before by Hyper, I've mean meaning to see how it looks with the lighting flipped the other way around, but other terrain duties have had higher priority for now, seeming as this effect was just made to make it look like the pavement is raised slightly off the ground.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

!DarkRose wrote:
On the pavement lat, i think he means the blending edges.

yep.
It isn't noticable on the first sight, but when you have it combined with other small objects next to and on the pavement, the opposite lighting is quite well noticable.

@Aro: the better depth and 3d effect indeed improves the pavement LAT. It's just a wrong lighting.

Public SHPs

Tools

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It shall be fixed! Eventually anyway, there's a lot of terrain to go through (2559 tiles!).

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, nice detailing.

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

omnomnomnom... Razz

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New grass.

grass2.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  551.88 KB
 Viewed:  21271 Time(s)

grass2.PNG

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

muuuuuuuuch better.

SDKH
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow that's awesome, Has great depth.

Dudeinabox
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love how alot of the new terrain has that raised off the ground effect, excellent work!

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Much much better!

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome awesome awesome.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow Surprised
It almost looks like a 3D-render. Cool
Really the best terrain i've ever seen.

Public SHPs

Tools

FekLeyrTarg
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You know that it is 2D but you think it's 3D. Nice work. I encourage all of you to keep working on TI. Smile

Droke
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It was originally 3d, as was alot of the other new terrain. Thankfully the palette shows it as such!

Lord Unforgiven
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As everyone else already said: the 3D-effect makes it above average.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

10 times better than stock TS grass which just looked like a blob of green stuff. My congratz to the creator.

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sweet stuff. fluffy grassy grass!

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks to helping hand from Mig Eater, I have finally gotten around to replacing the TS Trees in Twisted Insurrection. So far I have only replaced the stock TS Trees, but most of the old TI trees will also be replaced and or remastered. Keep your eyes open, I have many more previews to come.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 5 of 6 [285 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon